Andre 3000: overrated or underrated?

Andre 3000: overrated or underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36DCuT1KxM4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just right

underrated on here, did more to push hip hop forward than Kanye but gets nowhere near enough credit

Idk about pushing rap forward but Kanye ha honestly done nothing in that department. I just like his flow

>Kanye has done nothing to move hiphop forward

kek this is what Fantanofags actually believe

He's one of the best rap producers of this decade for sure but pushing hip hop forward? Nah. He's not an innovator and hes never really don't anything somebody else hasn't before him. He's just more popular with white people

So neither College Dropout or 808s heavily influenced the entire direction of hiphop? Are you really trying to make this argument?

I agree there's much better rappers than Kanye, a lot actually, but no one in this decade has had more direct influence on the genre of hiphop and its direction than him

Drake (and hundreds of others) wouldn't exist without 808 + Heartbreak.

You could argue lil wayne, but yeah both of them are probably the most influential contemporary rappers

>the direction of hip hop
What direction is that? Hip hop is anot expansive genre it's never going in just one direction, whatever that means

It's not even worth arguing this it's so well know but College Dropout's release set a price sect in mainstream hiphop culture for more introspective lyrics and upbeat production rather than the cold and dark gangster rap that ruled the genre before its release. It also another reason why Graduation vs Curtis was so big at the time because it signaled an entire shift in the culture

And as for 808s explained that along with guys like Cudi

set a precedent*

appropriately rated

30 HOURS

Underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=36DCuT1KxM4

highly overrated

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIGHT

Underrated as a guest feature. Solidly rated w/ Outkast

Prime to make a comeback next decade. Life being cyclical & all.

>Andres favorite album of the past few years was this
lost a lot of respect, makes me see him as a precusor to this type of shit

hopefully the next album is as good as this was

Agree. Every track I've heard him featured on has been best track out of the album in my opinion

so this is the guy from Gorillaz or the guy from Outkast?
Then who is the guy from the tha this guy isn't the guy?

what did he mean by this?

oops I forogt some words
*Then who is the guy from the one that this guy isn't the guy from?