Post albums that had a 10/10 first listen for you

post albums that had a 10/10 first listen for you

I wish I liked this more on my first listen, I can only imagine how fucking impactful the "I MISS YOU" at the end would have been if I had really liked it the first time

this one's actually been a grower for me

I'm becoming more comfortable with thinking it's on the same level of quality as IR, though

probably my AOTY

I've never had a 10/10 first listen. LYSFLATH was close but that was only because I was as high as a kite.
I like this one, but again, not a 10/10 first listen.
I think Camembert Electrique, Ommadawn, and 36 Chambers were the closest I got to 10/10, and they were 8s at the time

0/10 on my first listen

2 years later it's still the worst album I've ever heard in my life.

what's it like being a faggot?

I don't know. What's it like to be a pleb?

ITOATS gets pretty much universal praise...even on this shitty contrarian website

Most of my family and friends don't even know this album exists.The people that I have shown it to (mostly r&b and metal fans like myself) say it sucks really bad.

Yeah, it was a 10/10 for me too
I haven't even listened to that one yet :/

Universal praise doesn't mean everyone knows nmh exists you retard.
>metal fans
oh i get it, AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHA

Dude, even the worst metal albums are better than ITAOTS. Anyone with any form of vocal training knows that singers like Bruce Dickinson and Rob Halford are objectively superior to Jeff Mangum. He makes Starland Vocal Band sound like The Manhattan Transfer, that's how horrible of a singer he is.

Blew me away

There are some horrendous metal albums. I'm into metal and also ITAOTS so fuck off

t. into metal albums and also ITAOTS so fuck off

i made this thread so people could post their personal 10/10s. not so metalfags and indiefucks can have a gay war against who is better.

instead of bitching about how shitty you think ITAOTS is you should post some albums that were 10/10 on your first listen

What the fuck is Transatlanticism doing on that list?

ITAOTS is a great album *but* I can see where others might feel differently. And all of those other albums definitely suck -- and suck hard.

But Transatlanticism? Trans-mother-fucking-atlanticism? That album is fucking amazing. How can anyone *not* like Transatlanticism?

Jeff is worse than the people who think they can sing on the American Idol auditions. I'd honestly rather listen to William Hung.

Because it sounds awful
Okay fine, Here are some of my 10/10s

Stevie Wonder - Songs In The Key Of Life
Seawind - Seawind
Sandy Cressman - Homenagem Brasileira
Megadeth - Peace Sells But Who's Buying
Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey
Basia - The Sweetest Illusion
Janet Jackson - Control
Tower of Power - Live and In Living Color
John Coltrane - Giant Steps
Isaac Hayes - Shaft
The Manhattan Transfer - Vocalese Live 1986
Rufus & Chaka Khan - Stompin at the Savoy
Above The Law - Uncle Sam's Curse
Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage

lol cuckpop

>cuckpop
I just died lmao

Jeff's vox are an acquired taste. How to acquire that taste is first of all not being a fuccboi, then the rest comes naturally

This

Same with Bob Dylan, actually. Raise your hand if you heard Bob Dylan for the first time and said, "wow... voice of an angel!"

You guys think he throws on the Janet Jackson or the Mariah Carey when he's watching his wife get ferrrrrrrked

>acuqired taste
no such thing

If I hated it back in the day then I still hate it today. A perfect example is Destiny's Child. Everyone I knew loved them and I tried to like them for many years but it's been 15 years and I still don't like them.
But Bob Dylan's voice is terrible. Not as bad as Mangum's but still not good.

>Aaron Ellis has deposited $0.25 into your PayPal account

You don't meet the first requirement

The first requirement isn't valid because the term you've said for me to not be is extremely ambiguous.

Its very bland

Your character satisfies every nuance of that infinite ambiguity, if you catch my drift

I'M SPECIAL I DON'T LIKE THINGS THAT PEOPLE LIKE

I don't think so, but OK

This and Telegraphs in Negative are some of my favorite music

only one i could think of. i have a few other 10/10s but they were all growers

>bad music
>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
>mfw

>i'll combine top 40 pop music and mu-core and trigger people

this

What is that album by the get up kids even doing there

Not all Sup Forumscore is bad though, some of it is actually really good.

I cried on the dime at MPS for the first couple of listens

>tfw will never hear Kid A for the first time again

comfy/10

anything by them

>Ladies and Gentlemen, We Are Floating in Space
>MBDTF
>ITAOTS
>Is This It
>bad

I agree with you, 100%

this is all me

The first 7 songs
It was hard to accept the rest of the album, sounded pretty shitty in contrast with the previous songs

Oh.
I get it now, hehe.
You're secret is save with me (your trollin, right?) xD

I listened "Rob the prez-o-dent" in Rock band 2 and I wanted more, i was really surprised

This album is really great

Ok computer

In the court of the crimson king

The Wall

Embryonic

dismemeberment

Lmao father john misty is gr8, what's your favourite song?

ITAOTS is probably the highest I've given an album on first listen that has stayed pretty consistent throughout every other listen

This one had to grow on me a bit, I think there are still a few duds like Kiss The Cook and Damn Door but the rest of it is super solid

literally no bad songs

Not even memeing

why would you be memeing?