Why does Sup Forums have a massive hard-on for this chick

Why does Sup Forums have a massive hard-on for this chick

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
youtube.com/watch?v=y-qB_Vu0WDY)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's only 3-4 anons who spam her all day to be honest.

if you listen to her music, you will understand why

she's a mega hottie

Because they have bad taste in music and all the women they like are degenerate hippies with the bodies of 10 year old boys

Who the fuck has time for that

because it's allowed to enjoy things that you don't like

I never said I don't like her, but I see like 4 grimes threads a day. Is she really worth that much discussion?

Literally just 3 guys sucking each other's dick

Nah, she's a Sup Forumsmeme. Guys pretend to act like they have literal boners for her and that she looks amazing while making great music when in reality they know she's ugly and makes shit music.

Because she's a really good musician in a sea of mediocrity.

this.

desperate waifufags

Grimes is an official Pitchfork endorsed musician. Sup Forums isn't "pretending"

attractive
creative
talented musician

kek

It's shit

>official Pitchfork endorsed
how can you STILL take p4k seriously? it's obviously a pandering, sensationalist publication, with no journalistic integrity. they accept bribes and shill certain bands in order to sell tickets to their own music festival. they hype mainstream music because they know that it will bring plebs to their site, and they write controversial articles like that 'whiteness of indie' one just to use as clickbait. they are so corrupted, you may as well just be reading a celebrity gossip tabloid

>inb4 classical grimesfag

All the more reason to "like" Grimes.

Read a couple of them and decide for yourself (rather than creating yet ANOTHER one...)
Imo she is extremely worthy of extensive, intensive musical scrutiny (both for her roles as an actual musician and for roles in the wider musical world) but that doesn't justify there being fifty million threads about her all the time.
The real reason why you're seeing so many threads with her name/face on them is because the content baiters of /mu have realized that inserting her into things causes immediate attention.

>how can you STILL take p4k seriously?

tell me, what are Sup Forums's favorite artists?

oh right

Radiohead
Neutral Milk Hotel
Animal Collective
The Avalanches
My Bloody Valentine

I think it's mostly femmes who are posting these "Grimes is amazing" threads. I'm convinced.

Sorry - beat you to it (now you have to figure out which one was my first post in this thread...)

Grimes is a just a musical genius too great in talent for all you plebs to understand
t. a patrician

yeah but would you "fuck" her?

Talented, nice, beautiful, quirky, interesting. These words describe Grimes well.

Very few are pretending. Most guys love her for real. Just listen to her music. For instance, this: youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894

Isn't that song awesome?

>implying pitchfork were the first, or only critics to praise those artists
they're bandwagon hoppers. of course they're going to like the classics. their readers would get angry otherwise, and their site would get less traffic (and they would get less money)

anyways don't lump me in with the newfags here who actually like all of those bands. the only good ones out of that group are nmh (which is good but not great) and mbv (which is legendary)

>Isn't that song awesome?
'no'

b8

People are just obsessed with her. Hence, the over-exposure. But she's really great.

:/

Not b8. The truth!

because she had one or two good songs and she's le quirky MPDG XDDDD

>she had one or two good songs
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Grimes is a Pitchfork Certified™ musical genius... who writes hate tracks to Pitchfork (literally her own description of the song 'California' at approximately the 50:00 mark youtube.com/watch?v=y-qB_Vu0WDY)
Hence she has universal appeal to people who exist on the P4k love/hate dynamic.

Oblivion was P4K song of the year 2012. Well deserved, that tune is fantastic.

i want to butt fuck her

so why fall back on the opinion of p4k to prove your point, when she doesn't even support them herself?

her looks are okay. i didnt't like her music at first. you only like her music after you often listen to it and some day you will feel it

As much as I like Grimes, I don't see how she can manage to have a whole thread dedicated to her on a daily basis, and have it get 100-200+ replies almost every time.

>a whole thread
there are literally five in the catalogue right now

>i'm sick of the whole "grimes is so sad, grimes is protesting and ranting and having a terrible time, shes so insecure" narrative

then why did you write a whole song about not getting validation from other people? why'd you even put the effort in if you weren't legitimately insecure? like

Probably for the same reason it has a hard-on for Aldean.

>Probably for the same reason it has a hard-on for Aldean.
i actually don't understand this either. care to explain?

She's gorgeous, talented and incredibly cute

The OP's question was about why people on /mu find her so interesting.
Which is to say that if you're a Pitchfork worshiper you're gonna find her interesting because P4k says she is. Alternately, if you're a P4k hater you're gonna find her interesting because she actively writes songs about how horrible P4k is.
Therefore anyone with strong feelings about Pitchfork (most of /mu, apparently) has direct connection to her music - hence the interest.

>Which is to say that if you're a Pitchfork worshiper you're gonna find her interesting because P4k says she is.
Bollocks. MOST music publications love her. P4K is just one of them. P4K could say anything, if people don't like her music, she would have no career.

I personally think Grimes is a musical genius and that her music is fascinating (based purely on listening to it cold.) Again, I'm specifically addressing the OP's question - which was asked in the context of /mu, to which the P4k dynamic seems especially applicable.

she's beautiful

Memes

bump