youtube.com/watch?v=ZSxJe2JWe70
youtu.be/uU-UwcX_IDs
youtube.com/watch?v=rrcpzPpo8_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that's not "Honestly"

that's not "The Summer Ends"

Limousine

>inb4 not emo

>I've listened to fewer than 5 emo albums yet expect people to respect my opinions pertaining to it

what do u think is the best emo song of all time

tfw it ends and
the one with the Wurlitzer
comes on

both of them are my favorite emo songs

>he thinks I'm going to give him an implicit recommendation
You're hysterical.

emo isn't a very prolific genre

It is a prolific genre, in part because of how simple it is to pull of if you aspire to be nothing but derivative, dull, and forgetful.

Don't presume that it's not dense just because people aren't constantly spoonfeeding you shit.

Yes.

The World Has Turned and Left Me Here.

Weezer is absolutely not emo.

I hope this post is supposed to be a joke.

but its like shoegaze where all the bands end up sounding like a clone of each other

That's not The One With The Wirlitzer

that's not little league

it has them listen on emo right on wikipedia

I think its mostly the confessional lyrics

>I've listened to fewer than 5 emo albums yet expect people to respect my opinions pertaining to it
Yeah, no shit. I just fucking told you that, like most genres, it's filled with bands that aspire to do nothing novel and are consequently derivative and dull. Forgetful. No one is celebrating these bands, but among the of the genre are entries with their own subtle novelties.

You know nothing about the genre. Stop spouting your ignorant fucking opinion.

see Once you've read that, stop posting.

Can't wait until the summer ends. Yes, that was a reference to AmFo. Figured it's the only album I can reference considering you people don't know anything about it beyond what you're fucking spoonfed.

emo plebs. emo plebs everywhere.

>no true emo fan!

easy there, you don't have to be experts in something in order to enjoy it

>my source is Wikipedia
My fucking god.
>confessional lyrics
So I guess MBDTF is emo too, right?

That's not what emo is, and all that fucking post served is to prove even MORE that you know nothing about this genre yet feel obligated to spout your own ignorant-ass-shit opinion on it.

whats wrong with wikipedia?

do you know better?

Sorry, this isn't The Brave Little Abacus - I See It Too.

What?

What are you inferring? I'm not saying you can't enjoy AmFo. I'm saying you shouldn't feel obligated to give an opinion on emo as a genre when you know absolutely nothing about it.

>what's wrong with Wikipedia
Everyone can edit it, even retards like you, so it has no credibility.
>do you know better
Yes, because I know Weezer isn't emo.

>he thinks there is a better emo album

see And then stop posting.

Wiki gets monitored so any bad edits are scrutinized.

>WIki gets monitored
And obviously whomever was assigned the Emo page hasn't done their homework.

Weezer is in absolutely no regard emo. It is power pop. It's not even fucking punk. Beyond the confessional lyrics, it bears absolutely NO KINSHIP with emo.

You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

Pffft, get madder user. No one's impressed that you're upset popular albums are popular. Either post an alternative or go fuck yourself.

why don't you name some yourself

>inb4 im not going to spoon feed you

its because you can't

I wonder why emo-elitists never share their personal favorites. Are they embarassed to share their favorite emo or some shit lmao

why don't you do some researching and find some on your own

you aren't a baby are you?

because if American Football is the only band you know its not even worth discussing with you

I do but emo is a shitty genre in general, it's not easy to find stuff worth listening to. That's why I browse threads like these but there's always toxic emofags

I'm not upset that popular albums are popular.

I'm upset that people who don't even fucking SKIM through the genre but simply listen to, essentially, a "greatest hits" compilation think their opinion has any weight whatsoever on the genre.

>name some yourself
Music on deaf ears.

See directly above.

The problem with RETARDS like you is you're not only fucking retarded, and not only aware of said retardation, but that you're complacent in that regard, and all others.

You are a false, lying faggot sloth, posturing with your copy/paste, spoonfed as fuck music taste, and think you've an opinion not worth giving. The sum of your contributions to this board present nothing novel, because all you fucking do is listen to what others tell you to, which has the effect of stagnating discourse so we've this self-perpetuating cycle of retarded, apathetic cunts like you repeating what others said several years ago, talking about the same fucking music that others listen to several years ago.

You contribute NOTHING to this website. As much as I would LOVE to recommend you something, I've no desire to fuel this self-perpetuating doom when you've shown me absolutely NOTHING indicating that you're capable and willing to find music yourself, to explore the medium in unyielding fashion.

You are a fucking cancer.

why are you so angry? it's only music dude

>it's not easy to find stuff worth listening to
This can be said of most genres.

I've only been looking into emo for about 18 months, all the while incessantly exploring other genres, and have already established a firm-footing and found plenty of rewarding releases.

You are fucking pathetic. Do not give me that bullshit excuse.

other emo bands cite them as an influence

if they aren't emo they are at least proto-emo

*and not only unaware

tldr

>being this salty over this situation

if you don't like our American Football thread you don't have to post in it or on Sup Forums in general if it upsets you this much

It is true of other genres, I will give you that. I'm just not as inclined to emo, I guess

>other emo bands cite them as an influence
*emo bands cite them as an influence
Fixed that for you.

Also, that's not how this works. Every artist/band has NUMEROUS influences contributing to their output, several often from completely foreign, and unrelated genres. Further, simply looking at this chronologically, Weezer's release came after emo had already begun.

A few emo bands citing Weezer as influences does not make Weezer emo.

>I'm too stupid to read a few lines and won't even waste your time with a faux, ignorant opinion
Thank you. I appreciate your honesty.

You too. I appreciate your honesty. You've keep our discourse brief.

This isn't an American Football thread. It's a thread for discussing the best song in all of emo.

at least you're venting your anger instead of bottling it up, keep it up!

is unty the only black guy that listens to emo

Then you're not going to get very far browsing Sup Forums because these kind of sweeping opinions are everywhere. Telling people they're retarded isn't going to encourage them to check something else out though. Posting something else might do, but it seems your more content to be stewing in your own rage that they aren't on their own.

God-tier emo album coming through.

b-but animal football is the only emo band worth discussing

This

tons of credible sources cite Weezer as emo pioneers

you can't honestly dismiss all of them

Wrong

"Important Things (Specter Magic)" is the greatest emo song of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=lP3yYt05Wkw&list=PL698866BCF135C9BF&index=2

new wave emo isn't real emo

man you've gotta get your shit together or something that's some unhealthy rage

>Then you're not going to get very far browsing Sup Forums
I've been on this website since I was 14, so over 7 years now.

Do I expect to change everyone's mind? No. I hope, however, that within perhaps a few I'll stir some prior dormant interest in the genre and they'll start exploring it. If I'm wrong, oh well. I've long given up on this board. I'm here to, as pointed out, vent and kill time.

Anyone too stupid to glean the sincerity and wisdom in my posts will persist clinging to the hivemind, and I pity them.

>you can't honestly dismiss them
With the time and motivation, I could and would with ease, and it wouldn't be difficult, just a matter of tedium and achieving such a level of absolute fucking boredom that I'm willing to subject myself to people who've proven themselves to know nothing about the genre they consider themselves an expert in.

That's it.

Weezer's kinship with emo start and fucking end with their confessional lyrics, which neither emo NOR Weezer pioneered.

i can see why you'd like emo so much

kek

>Weezer's kinship with emo start and fucking end with their confessional lyrics,

and their punk and alt rock roots

genres aren't anything set in stone, they are kind of just ideas floating around and emo overlaps with a lot of their music

how is not real emo

you yourself used emo in its genre name

unty is that you?

it reads like your purple, self bemoaning prose

you're not the angry son, OP

youtube.com/watch?v=ZSxJe2JWe70

ZING! You got me there, buckoo!

>their punk and alt rock roots
My Bloody Valentine has alt rock roots.

Jesus half of 90's grunge and post-grunge buttrock had punk and alt rock roots.

That statement means absolutely nothing.

Yes.

>this whole thread

>american football
>emo

youre righterino

All of you sensationalist motherfuckers need to calm down and listen to the right proper answer which is Seam:

youtu.be/uU-UwcX_IDs

That's not even the best song on that album.

Cont.

If you're going to label every meadering power pop+pop punk release emo then you complete defeat the purpose of genres.

The incredibly slight overlap between Weezer and emo does not warrant their inclusion in the genre. Vocals and theme alone are not enough. In regards to instrumentation, they are little alike.

i come into here to see people talking about emo, instead i just see someone constantly whining like a bitch itt gj

>If you're going to label every meadering power pop+pop punk release emo then you complete defeat the purpose of genres.

thats the point, you shouldn't take it so seriously or care if some people consider one band this or that

>your discussion of x doesn't count as discussion of x if I don't like it!
Kill yourself.

But...it is. It's THE midwest emo album of the late 90's.

I mean Pinkerton is really the only album in their disco that even REMOTELY hits emo, but most people I've seen talk about it give a sort of "honorable mention,"

>you shouldn't take it seriously when I'm wrong and spread my misinformation among the fertile, impressionable youths that this website consists of

Categorization matters. Genre matters. According to you, grunge with some confessional lyrics is emo, and that is absolutely fucking wrong, and I'm going to take it seriously, because I care about fact and intellectual integrity.

I'm glad. At least a healthy majority don't poison young intellects with misinformation.

>midwest emo
>emo

Here's my favorite.
youtube.com/watch?v=rrcpzPpo8_Y

THIS IS THE ONLY CORRECT ANSWER

The outro is stay home is the song I want to fade out while I circle the drain, it's perfect in the way it ends and goes into the final track.

ITT: plebs except for OP

who here also really likes their EP? I think it's great

>have an opinion other than babby's first emo record? Well then you're a pleb!
The irony in this post is palpable.

its babbys first because its also the best and good place to stop

See .

> good place to stop
American Football is fucking great, but they're definitely not the best of the genre.
There's so much more that one can get out of Emo than just AmFo.

I don't even know 5 and see nothing wrong with that. its music, one album doesn't have to relate to the next

OP here, just listened and i like

So you don't see the issue with not even knowing 6 albums in a genre, yet spouting opinions pertaining to it as though they've any weight.

Suppose you've a diet that consists of pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs, fried chicken, and lasagna, yet feel you've a weighty opinion on food.

You are a fucking idiot. I honestly hope you made that post with the singular intent of making me mad.

Kill yourself.

why go without your trip?

we can tell it's you. despite the rules of Sup Forums, it is kind of pertinent to your posts

anyways I just wanted to say, sex is overrated. romance is overrated. maybe chill out and have some levity every now again. not everything is worthy of such melodrama. Life is actually kind of banal and repetitive and absurd when you think about it

There's a reason why all the Eastern philosophies teach that attachment = pain. Maybe it might help you to detach and disengage some. Not in a melodramatic Nietzsche cynic kind of way, but in a Diogenes "this is all kind of fucking silly" kind of way

That's kind of the philosophy of Sup Forums, anyway

I enjoy the album, its as simple as that. no need to in-group it

thoughts on "I'll See You When We're Both Not So Emotional"? imo most underrated song on the album, great lyrics, instrumentation, and flow to the song. got some good goosebumps moments too

>not understanding my motivation for being alone

There was supposed to be a seperate cringe thread, wtf is this

Are you suggesting that I restore my trip, all the while advocating that I detach myself from this material, mortal realm?

Doesn't that seem just perhaps a tad bit contradictory?

Anyway, I agree with much of your post, yet I still desire to at least once in this lifetime feel wanted by another person, to have my company appreciated and ailments understood without contempt, malice, or pity.

I know that existence is an exercise of ultimate futility but while I exist I'd enjoy the comfort of placid recollection and fewer regrets.

I am pursuing much of what you've mentioned, though. I post on this board and others much less than I've in the past.

you should consider therapy that shit can really help

helped me go from a robot to a level of social interaction i'm comfortable with at least. i don't go out all the time but i have friends who are cool with the fact i need time to myself and im happy

How old were you when you began therapy?

19 and then 23. im 27 now, might go back if grad school becomes too stressful for me to manage with my current coping strategies.

I see.

I was 16 when I first when. It never accomplished much, but some of that is perhaps my fault. When I've a nice job and can afford it I'll probably readmit myself.

Good luck in grad school.

you fucking plebs listen to this shit right now or die plebber

Cool your jets, friendo.
We can all be sadboys together and be friends.

REEEEE
muh meemo waifimos.

Cool your jets, friendo.

>Midwest emo as a whole
>Compared 90s post-hardcore/emo

You need to calm down, Mr. Llama Hands and get to be friends with Coolio the Jet Plane.

hey this thread has had nothing to do with "Stay Home" for a while but I would like to say that yes, that song is dank af. the guitar riff just lays you down to cry until you go to sleep. 10/10