Why is this crappy uninspired album Sup Forumscore...

Why is this crappy uninspired album Sup Forumscore? It's just average Black Metal with random synths and a pseudo-ambient track just to make it sound "experimental" or whatever.

relax

I'll relax when you'll prove me that this is a good record. Whoops, you can't. Too bad, faggot.

what a jerk

>It's just average Black Metal
it just really isn't
it's really unique, both as far as bm in general is concerned and compared to other atmospheric bm
there is literally nothing that sounds quite like it and it's genious throughout

>prove me that this is a good record
I don't get why people say this, what the fuck do you want, you want me to convince you to like something? I can't control your tastes nigga, I don't know what you want. It's overrated anyway, like 7/10, his earlier albums are better anyway.

Typical Odinpop.

How.

how what?
maybe you should tell me what exactly "random" synths means or which black metal bands had made tracks like Decrepitude or just muster up any valid criticism whatsoever

just because varg is a cool guy

When people blatantly use periods at the end of questions, I honestly can't imagine anyone other than a fuming adolescent child frantically refreshing the page until someone replies just so he can spout out barely coherent insults at them

So what you're saying is you have no idea how it's "unique" or "genious", and couldn't articulate it if you did

it's unique because obviously it sounds unique, the guitar tone and fuzz is one of a kind, same goes for the vocals and his use of the synths
people have mixed ambient and black metal since but not the same way varg did it, especially on a macro scale (putting 23 minutes of that tiny loop and actually making it work)
it's genious because it's perfectly executed, the riffs are amazing, it's atmospheric in all the right ways, it puts you in a trance in various ways (like how hyponotizing jesus dod is with its riffs or how the ambient track is like being pulled out of space and time or the lulling melancholy of the decrepitudes)

I was kinda disappointed with this when I heard it - I thought it was going to have some kind of Norwegian folk music influence but it just had ratty digitally distorted guitar throughout most of it.

>digitally distorted guitar

it's a beautiful excercise in minimalism. the guitar tone is literally immaculate. the first half of the album (and hvis lyset) does a great job of compiling all of the musical progress he's made over the course of his experience with burzum into his most focused and cohesive black metal songs ever, while beautifully integrating synthesizers into the music. the second half is an exploration of the very essence of black metal while simultaneously deviating from the formula of what black metal is supposed to be. black metal was built on atmosphere, minimalism, and aesthetic. this part of the album captures that foundational component of the music in something that had never been done before. this laid out the essence of black metal so eloquently that it inspired pretty much every band to come after it.

>Why is this crappy uninspired album Sup Forumscore? It's just average Black Metal with random synths and a pseudo-ambient track just to make it sound "experimental" or whatever.

This is, huh. WOW.

thats what I loved about it

And there you are, OP, your explanation.

I find the album to be beautiful, personally.

It's abstract and aesthetically stands apart from a lot of other black metal
S/t is better though

first time hearing black metal lad?