Worst Albums of 2016

alright Sup Forums, there's been at least 4 "best albums of 2016 so far" threads today, how about we post the worst albums we've heard this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O_wNmZclmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=YActcMC08Oo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Worst I've heard is probably Richard Ashcroft - These People

How does it feel to waste your life listening to an obnoxious and repetitive music style?

forgot this turd

literally all art is a waste of time

Pretty much everything hes put out this year with the exception of Gods of Tomorrow sucked ass. Idk about that new 100 track mixtape though. Too long.

it feels like a lot of the overly-hyped albums that came out this year had little to no interesting content, but that digesting art that's boring or unpleasant helps you better identify and appreciate what you find to be unique and interesting in the art that you appreciate.

ITT: contrarians jerk off to each other

looking at the tracklist most of it was just old/unreleased tracks with Heems' verses cut out

>you'd rather talk about albums you hate than albums you love
You don't legitimately like music

I posted in each "AOTYSF" thread that I saw. I like music and I like talking about it, but repeatedly talking about the music that you like gets boring, and this offers some variety

Painting With probably

why is TGM on there? I agree with everything else on there but why that? I think its the best post-reformation Swans album.

>iglooghost
>swans

wrong

blink-182's California

>like it truly matters

Here's mine though. Music is subjective. Like what you like. I haven't heard a lot of albums this year, btw. I think only 20 or so.

I thought the Digging Remedy was extremely disappointing

ugh, yeah. it felt so....square. like "dance music for npr listeners" as one user put it.

if you dont fuck with yachty I DONT FUCK WITH YOUUUUUUUU

bleeeghhh

so terrible.. so fucking memey and shitty. cloud rap is an abomination.

just watch some of his interviews, it made me appreciate him a lot more
he's just a humble, happy guy who is having fun

i don't like music

this chart is fucking lowkey bait

or you just have bad and/or generic taste

Yeah really TLOP was god-tier

TGM was pretty good

That's great for him, really. I'm glad he's enjoying himself. I just can't get into that shit.

OK is definitely worth the listen if you're a fan of Vic's other work. Save it for a long trip or something and you'll be satisfied

I really do not mind TLOP but its a 8 at max. 6 at a minimum.

First 2 track are pretty good imo, the rest is forgettable but there are worse from this year.

I actually liked these guys last 2 albums, but this was really poor

all wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=O_wNmZclmpc

I JUST WANT YOU FOR THE NIGHT

>swans
>generic
holy shit you must jerk off with rub a535 to feel special.

What's wrong with Imperial?

>CTRL+F "anohni"
>0 results

seriously? that's easily the worst album I've heard all year. every track made me fucking cringe with how over dramatically blunt they were. like fuck, what ever happened to subtlety?

Literally everything is a waste of time

This was absolute garbage. I saw this on RYM and it sounded interesting but it was terrible. What's worst is the guy who made it told Rolling Stone it's for "music heads" and not "casual listeners."

TAKING PICTURES WITH ALL MY ICE

You forgot this one OP.

>TLOP was god-tier
"""no"""

I still don't get the hate for TLOP, was definitely a solid pop rap album. Nothing amazing, but easily listenable

Chance 3
The Glowing Man
Peanut Choker

die

It's not a requirement for lyrics and themes to be subtle. The production was really good, and the melodies were enjoyable and silky. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I can see your point.

BUT I CANT ... HAVE ... NO WIFE

>Bottomless Pit on that list
What didn't you like about it? I thought it was a pretty good album, definitely one of my favorites from Death Grips.

>Kanye's worst album
>God-tier
nah

nice

nice

The worst album I've listened to this yesterday was undoubtably EVOL by Future, but this was the worst that I was actually expecting to like.

I love Esparanza's earlier work. I love black futurism. I hate how absolutely goddamn boring and forgettable and plain shit this is.

Albums I've rated less than 5/10 this year:

Amnesia Scanner- AS EP
Brian Eno- The Ship
Zayn- Mind of Mine
The 1975- I like it when you sleep, for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it
Maxwell- blackSUMMERS'night
Flume- Skin
Almanac- Tsar
The Heavy- Hurt & the Merciless

>Amnesia Scanner- AS EP
wtf

Nothing is as awful as the Dinner! record.
I just didn't want to say anything because the guy sounds legit retarded.
youtube.com/watch?v=YActcMC08Oo

>RYM
>Rolling Stone
Yeah, go fuck yourself m8.

Hey man, stop talking shit about Swans OK?