What are some bands that absolutely suck at concerts?

What are some bands that absolutely suck at concerts?

Im talking about straight up sucking to using autotune blatantly.

Pic related sum 41, holy shit how did these guys even got a seal of approval from a label?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uWVfgRUI0DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3PzsZrGFrAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"OK man, this solo is pretty crazy, did you wrote sheets?"

-"What? Fuck no, how am I gonna write a sheet about this thing? Theres like 10 notes per second dude"

-"OK but how are you going to play it live?"

-"Lol I'll just jam some random notes m8, they wont even notice"

>tfw went to a sum41 concert had to leave early because it was unbearable.

Also pretty much any pop band

me too bro
damn it sucked

You think Sum41 was bad? I went to see Sonic youth and fall out boy (the later on the request of my then gf) and I almost mcfucking killed myself on the spot.

Yeah, Sonic youth was pretty terrible live.

lel gf taking me to see fall out boy Wednesday. Was kinda excited to be honest.

yeah just keep a revolver in hand.

Does maroon 5 uses autotune? Concert here soon and gf will probably take me

Dont worry about FOB user, patrick's voice is so bad nowadays that the sound engineers have it all set up so that his voice can get masked by the rest of the band. Its pretty ridiculous actually, you only see the guy shouting at the microphone but you dont hear any word comming out.

Pretty much ever pop-punk band. That type of music sounds great on the radio but not live.

D-does blink sucks live too?

They have a special place in my heart because they pretty much made my life at high school but after listening to sum 41 live I was kind of afraid that they would suck too.

Japandroids

they are notoriously bad live. especially tom

I thought Tom left the band?

yeah, green day are great live tho

difference is they just recognise they're a stadium rock band now and so act like one with a full backing band

blink and sum just do what they've always done which can work in a small club but looks awkward in an arena

yes, but I doubt that's really much of an improvement when it comes to their sound in live performances

Barring the fact the Tom's voice was never any good, blink was actually good live before 2000. After TOYPAJ Tom stopped trying on stage and Mark lost his energy.

Absolutely every single pop punk/"happy punk" band sucks live. Like other people have pointed out its simply NOT a genre that works live, most of the vocalists sing in pitches that are really hard to maintain for long stretches so the lead singers usually have 0 integrity left on their vocal cords.

Also, its pretty hard for the band to keep up with the tempo between each instrument, its kind of like a train wreck.

While Adam Levine can certainly sing live, current maroon 5 (it wasnt always like this) does uses autotune. A common occurrence (pretty much happens in every single m5 concert) involves a girl jumping on stage and tackling adam, who has to hold her back, and during that time the song keeps going on.

I went to blink live once

youtu.be/uWVfgRUI0DQ

>prerecorded backing vocals

absolutely disgusting desu senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=3PzsZrGFrAs

that was the worst butchering of the intro to whats my age again ive ever heard.

Saw FoB after Infinity on High and they were pretty painful live, like a 5/10. Now that the past few albums have been pure shit, I can only imagine how bad it is. If I'm not mistaken, Eisley and The Fray opened for them then and both were better than Fall Out Boy.

Honestly they weren't great back then. The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show was redubbed in studio to sound better, they sounded nothing like that then. The only thing better about 90's Blink was that they were all still having fun.

I have a very hard time believing this all I've heard about their shows was good things please explain

I thought Twin Sister sucked when I saw them open for EITS. dude was playing his guitar upside down and it sounded like absolute shit

>sonic youth
>terrible
pick one

Wrong I saw them live when they were still active and it was good

These guys. Not that they were bad bad, but I loved their studio sound and it was just nowhere near as good live. Pretty huge disappointment, desu. It's nice when the opposite happens (live sounds so much better than studio), but such a bummer when the sound just doesn't compare.