Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WvWEfoBNkXk
tablatures.gomah.fr/B/Bathory/
youtube.com/watch?v=Da-nH4-C1nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e58chys_l2s
youtu.be/oEsfufSGZ-I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Playing electric for 3 months and decided to learn a real song instead of just light chord progressions. One week later and i think i nailed down brain stew. Any tips?

>Any tips?
Find something a hell of a lot more complicated and challenge yourself.

Probably right. Just figured something simple for a first song

youtube.com/watch?v=WvWEfoBNkXk

good on ya for learning, man. Green day's good intro level so that's great choice esp 3 months in. I'd say also to try and get into some riff guitarists like Jimmy Page or Joe Perry, maybe some ac/dc as your next step. Will build good chord timing and single string playing mixed together. Also, don't forget the most important part of brushing up on some music theory. All the skill in the world won't mean shit unless you know how to apply it and invent new music.

Just added the 5150 to the family.

i need help guys! my father plays guitar and lost his motivation. hes been playing for almost 26 years, ive been playing for 10 months and were practically equal in skill. he didnt practice scales or anything. he just played songs, he doesnt even know more than at most 7 chords, and cant play creeping death up to speed. (he also has a bad habit of buying cheap beginner guitars and doesnt replace strings unless they break)i want to see him put some more effort in and learn, but he doesnt. ive already jumped from 6 to 8 strings so i could play some nice chords and play prog metal, and im halfway decent at it. i thought i could get him a 7 string cause something new could give him motivation? he says he probably wouldnt get one but would be glad to try if i got him one. what do you think.

Bassist here, been playing for about 4 years on and off. My setup is pretty shit, modified squire precision bass and fender rumble 40w v3 and a few pedals here and there. Never learnt any theory and dont really know where to start, ive just learnt a few scale shapes and worked my way around those in jams. any tips to get me learning my theory?

I need help
I'm looking for bass tabs
For Bathory- call from the grave
But i can't find it anywhere

learn it by hear

Get a Realbook and start learning jazz lines.

I like that colour with the V

If he's content then it'll be pretty hard to motivate him no matter what.

define content.

Yeah im sort of musically retarded and cant read music, and whenever i try learn theory they will use a whole bunch of fancy music words that i have no idea what they mean and i end up ragequitting, thinking about maybe getting some lessons but im a lazy NEET.

learn it by where?

TABS! just learn random neat songs

"satisfied" is a good synonym.

I already know enough songs, ive gotten to the point where i need to learn how to make my own music, im already pretty good at improv, i just need some musical knowledge so i actually know what im doing with my improv and what i can make out of it.

Does anyone know any solid state amps that sound tolerable for jamming?

I currently have a Carvin v12 2x12 combo and it is a pain in the ass to drag it around because it literally weighs 100 pounds.

looking for a 1x12 or a head.
Thinking of getting the micro dark, or an old peavey practice amp.

does anyone here sing?
i want to learn to sing with sheet music to broaden my understanding of music in general and to be able to sing while playing my guitar without sounding completely off.

i've no idea where to start, though.

As far as music theory goes. I would follow the general path of learning all the notes across the fretboard if you don't already. Learn the major scales and the modes and learn the chords associated with each scale degree. Make sure to jam with jamtracks and make jamtracks yourself a lot.

Singing while playing guitar i find is all in how you strum, you just have to get your strums going nice and say the right words on the right strum, use your right hand going up and down as a sort of metronome to keep you on beat.

play a note on an instrument (that is in tune)
autistically moan the same pitch
that's what I do.

i know, i wasn't asking how to sing while playing the guitar, just how to sing in general. like, hitting the right notes and techniques.

i want the gearfags to leave.

Yamaha THR

The 3 inch speakers are kind of offputting

cool stuff user, I posted my original links more as a joke and now I feel ashamed.

it's Black metal, find the key and dial in random notes in minor until it sounds right, it's not exactly hard. Or just play the same as the guitar, but lower, that's what about half of metal bass is.

For hitting the right notes I've heard it's mostly training. Play a note, match it, and record yourself while doing it, then judge yourself.

My bad, thought you meant bedroom jamming. I heard the Marshall Code amps are decent-ish.

made me laff

people here love that amp so much

Thanks. I spent most of my time woodshed, and kept telling myself I wasn't good enough. Now I realized I am better than most of the people that I know. So I am meeting up with people to jam a lot.

Genuine question because I've started playing acoustic recently and want to also invest in an electric guitar. What are some good electric guitars for beginners? I want to make pleasant sounding horrible noise

i dont like using a lot of pedals. really all i plan to get beside my Way Huge Green Rhino and Swollen Pickle is a crybaby.

are there any pedals that might couple well with these? GR makes it tough, SP makes it mean. biggest influences are stoner/desert rock (like King Gizzard/QOTSA)

i hear delay pedals really do a lot for a more psych sound. any recommendations or just something else?

Yamaha Pacifica

>delay
SD Vapor Trail

This
It'll get you used to harmonising with instruments

How do Mustangfags even play this guitar? I have a 24.75" scale guitar and its neck is almost unplayably tiny (and I have girl-sized hands). The Mustang is even tinier; I can't imagine being able to play complicated chords on it unless you are actually Azunyan-sized.

Squier Classic Vibe or Vintage mod
any Epiphone above the Les Paul special 2

If you want a psych sound I would look into choruses and/or flangers.

mxr has decent models for both.
The tc electronics chorus is a classic.
I would strongly recommend an electric mistress.
I have been saving up for a paul gilbert airplane flanger.

Delays are pretty much only good for getting repeating note sounds. you could harmonize with them like Brian May or do stuff like the echo song. The more expensive ones have more esoteric features.

/good morning/

shut up ape-hands

>girl hands
The girl in question must be a landwhale mr. fathands.
24.75 guitars are used by people with giant hands a lot.
Bill Steer - les paul
Paul Gilbert - fireman
Jason Becker - carvin st300 with 24.75 scale length
Micheal Amott - Ninja v

Nice banana V, I also like the white on the EVH. How's the Super Sonic? I'm thinking about getting the newer ones in the 60w head version in blonde. Is the Bassman channel more like a brownface 1950s style Bassman or a 1960s or 70s style?

Buckethead plays a 27" because he's a giant.
The PGM is older than the Fireman and is 25.5"
I get what that guy is saying, 24.75" already feels tiny for me, and I can't imagine playing anything shorter than 25.5". I'm not even tall, and my hands are rather normal.

I play it up to my chest for best control and I've got long fingers so the 24.75 feels a lot closer and better than the 25.5. A mustang really just feels like a mini strat meaning it has tighter control, it can easily be compared to playing an SG. The real problem for me is the 9.5" radius I prefer a 12", I had a 7.25" 1969RI mustang and the neck killed my knuckles and thumb

Is that a buckethead sig behind the V? If so nice!

You triggered my autism. I have normal sized hands. Give me a chord I will finger it on pic related.

What's the difference between the Seagull S6 and the S6 CW? Thinking about picking up an acoustic and a local shop has both used and the S6 CW is slightly cheaper.

I've played telecasters and stratocasters all my life. I can relate, anything smaller than 25.5" feels cramped to me.

tablatures.gomah.fr/B/Bathory/
It's in there. Can't guarantee the quality.

> Jason Becker

I always get sad hearing about him, I see videos where he invites people over and they play on his guitars and amps and he just sits there and watches.

Generally the base model S6 will have a Cedar Top, CW will have spruce. They can flop back and forth, so check. I'd just get the S6 if you're cool with either tonewood. They say that they put better tops on the CW, but I don't buy it.

Last I heard of him he had regained control of some muscles.

Holy shit thats my guitar i got last week.

>wanting everyone to leave

Who is your favourite Shrapnel guy? Mine's pic related, I know most of his songs, guy could sweep and shred like no other and still play beautiful melodies. PG comes in at close second

Bdim6 (correct me if I'm wrong) is an exemple of the kind of chord I struggle on a smaller scale.
It's also a matter of tension and feeling, I like having a tight tension without thick strings, so I tend to like longer scales more.

Ever tried 26.5" ?

I have both a Tele and Strat and they're perfect to just pick up and play some non rhymic stuff. From my experience though
> 9.5/7.25 radius and 24.75 scale
Perfect for Rhythm guitarists

>9.5/12 Radius and 25.5/24.75 scale
Good for both a nice in between

>12 radius and 25.5 scale
Perfect for lead and a lot more technical styles. I'm trying to find a nice 12/25.5 neck that'll fit on a Strat for a new project guitar

well, maybe it's the neck profile rather than the scale length. I didn't even realize LPs were 24.75", and I love the necks on those. Mine is an LTD with a really narrow, thin "shredder" neck and I can hardly play a clean C chord on it

Why would the scale length make it feel cramped? Wouldn't the fretboard radius play a huge part in that?

Should I buy pic related?

Has anyone played one?

Buckethead used to play Heartfield Talons which are 25.5".
youtube.com/watch?v=Da-nH4-C1nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=e58chys_l2s

I've played a few of the reissues and they were fine, sounded kind of like a P-bass

it's one of the few decent options if you really want a short-scale bass, but I'm not a fan of SS in general

FUCK YES
That's my dream bass, right now I have a Squier Bronco but I hope to one day get one of these. The Pbass pickups sound amazing, the 30" and hopefully it's over a 9.5 radius that gives it comfortable handling, looks sweet as fuck and is very versatile. How much are you planing on paying for it?

Still longer than 24.75".
I love how the headstock screams "hey let's try to compete against Jackson/Charvel"

Dumping rest of collection 1/3

>"hey let's try to compete against Jackson/Charvel"
Actually it was a response to the RG550 and JEM. Amusingly however it was made in the same factory.

You don't have to

Also you can wait for the new mustang PJ bass coming out in sonic blue
youtu.be/oEsfufSGZ-I

>Amusingly however it was made in the same factory.
Oh neat, I'll keep that in mind if I ever see one.

B-but muh axes

i made the last thread (with the donkey)

what did u all think?

>"What? His nails aren't even that lo- OH MY GOD"
This. What is wrong with your thumb?

Trying this again, anyone here have any experience with the Indonesia made Jackson Pro line?

I've seen people in gypsy bands let their nails grow like this to improve their fingerpicking technique. But it's on the right hand...

I grew my nails to keep myself from playing guitar while I get my programming projects done, since I lose track of time when playing and often kill like 6 hours without realizing it. I never got along to cutting my thumbnail.

I've got an X series made in the same factory, it's on par with any Korean and most MIJ or MIM made, they've really stepped it up. Good fretwork and finish.

Ok, guess I'm getting my local shop to hook me up with an RRT.

Yeah, pretty good guitar.

I've not played the RR but I've heard good things.

I'm not the only one

Nice KingV. How are those pickups?

you're gr0ss

those pickups are revolting what are those

K

Still begs the question as to why you having that.

Maybe I could cut it off and turn it into a guitar pick

>that juicy jcm 800

Looking to get my first 7 string, I was looking at pic related (Ibanez-RGIX27FEQM) but it's out of my price range at the moment. Are there actually any decent cheep 7's going around at the moment? I don't know if I want to commit to buying something expensive that I might not like

>forgets pic

Used RG7620/7621 for 25.5", used Schecter for 26.5"

They're regular SD distortions, they are alright. Thinking about putting a black winter in the bridge though.

>something is rattling inside my guitar when I pick the E string and it isn't the tremolo
RIP guitar, it was not nice knowing you

Nice Rocket Roll. Does the kahler lstring lock actually work?

lol Thats my main axe
fender custom fmt tele