Anyone who gives a f about the artist instead of the art is a moron

Anyone who gives a f about the artist instead of the art is a moron.

The author is dead, you dipshits.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_Pablo#Track_listing
youtube.com/watch?v=hedIexysvK4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

actually out of those four, only Bowie is dead

but thom a live

how can dead when he life??????

check out roland barthes over here

how's first year going?

>Who is Bourdieu?

>Attends Literature 101 once

>A BLOO BLOO ME MUM FOUND ME KNICKERS IN ME DRAWER N THINKS IM A POOFTER A BLOO BLOO MY LEMONS DONT THINK FAG MARRIAGE IS MAGNETIC INSTEAD OF THE SQUARE ROOT OF 6 YOU FUCKING HEAR ME? SIX. FUCK YOU.

What author? Did they write books?

>art
>posts kanye
how to spot a niggerloving democrat

better than u niga

In the english language, author stands for everything, not just a person who writes books.

But we like Claire, she's groovy.

without the artist, the art wouldn't exist

the artist's ideas and intentions brought it into being, they should be considered as much attention as the work itself

I am firmly right-wing on social and economic issues and I like Kanye.

You come off as someone with incredibly unrefined political views. I suggest taking a break from Sup Forums and exploring other right-wing resources on the internet. Sup Forums is fun and all, but you should not build your entire ideology off of it.

Grimes is the best from that chart.

Bowie>Kanye>>>>>Claire>Thom

awful

I'm strongly right-wing economically and apathetic but conservative-leaning socially and I think Kanye is great

Claire >>> Bowie > Thom >>> Kanye

maybe even worse

yeah I too can lie on the internet

I agree.

I think you don't understand what OP said

Idiot

Bowie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thom>>>>Kanye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Grimey

That's not really what death of the author means. It doesn't mean they are irrelevant, only that they are not the sole authority on their art. Also separating the art from the artist is a nonsense idea as they are always linked.

Obviously Sup Forums and music in general is far too celebrity obsessed but you are wasting your time trying to change it.

its kind of hard to not focus on Kanye the person when all of his work is centered around himself

I agree that we should separate their music from the musician but that shouldn't mean we can't enjoy them for who they are

this

OP just skimmed the wikipedia article or something and assumed he knew what it meant

the point is to view the music separate from the artist

for example; The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die
people are turning off their music because they connect the music with the opinions of the artist even though they are separate things

retards

only correct choice, more arrows between kanye and grimes and less between bowie and thom tho

Thom = Kaye > Bowie > Grimes
I like them all

the big bang (possibly iniciated by god himself) allowed mankind to happen, without this the artist wouldn't exist

W r o n g

Why Grimes always last? Because she's a female?

She's so much better than these half assed "artists".

Could Kanye, Bowie and Yorke even compare with Grimes?

Grimes:
>singer
>songwriter
>producer
>sound engineer
>lyricist
>live performer
>visual artist
>music video director
>dancer
>model

"meme"

Kanye is also all of these lol

She trancended the meme status. Sup Forums underrates her (literally) so much.

Good joke. What exactly is his work from this list? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_of_Pablo#Track_listing

all of it. because he paid and hired them
grimes is a broke ass bitch who can't hire anyone to fix her shit albums. only reason she gloats muh independence

TLOP sold more records then all of grimes albums combined
#facts

>all of it. because he paid and hired them
Lying yourself like that. Because he's such a talentless hack, Kanye needs a whole army of writers and producers. He's not even good at rapping. Even Eminem and Snoop Dogg are better than him.

>grimes is a broke ass bitch who can't hire anyone to fix her shit albums. only reason she gloats muh independence
No. Because she's a complete artist that wants complete control over her work. Her albums are great, by the way.

>TLOP sold more records then all of grimes albums combined
So what? Bieber sold even more than Kanye. Does that make him great?

objectively right opinion coming through
Thom > Bowie > Kanye >>>>>>>>> Grimes

>Grimes last
When this hating Grimes meme will end?

you fell for a meme

Liking Grimes is a meme.

>Lying yourself like that. Because he's such a talentless hack, Kanye needs a whole army of writers and producers. He's not even good at rapping. Even Eminem and Snoop Dogg are better than him.
Obviously you're a neet because if you worked this thing called a job you would know the owner hires other people to do things for him so everything can be efficient
NEET
>no. Because she's a complete artist that wants complete control over her work. Her albums are great, by the way.
AKA broke ass bitch :)

>So what? Bieber sold even more than Kanye. Does that make him great?
Yep grimes herself likes bieber :)

Liking Grimes is not a meme. Her music is truly great and likeable.

>it's a money-worshipping artless amerimutt post

PS: neither kanye nor grimes are of any value whatsoever

not that guy but liking grimes ≠ calling her better than any of those other three

Her music is generic and she's trying to cover it up with her "artistic" "avant-garde" bullshit.

jesus christ you people are the reason half of Sup Forums hates these artists fucking leave

poorfags pls go we are having a conversation here

kanye and grimes shit on ur fav artist
#facts

oh and you too

>kanye and grimes shit on ur fav artist
alright i'm triggered

my favourite artists have sold more than both though so you're even wrong according to your own failed argument

>neet calling other anons neets
Really, dumbass?

>if you worked this thing called a job you would know the owner hires other people
It's not about that he hired people to work for him, it's about WHY he did that. Making music is his job. Don't pretend you didn't understand what I meant in my previous post.

>AKA broke ass bitch :)
She has more money that you'll ever have in your pathetic life.

>Yep grimes herself likes bieber :)
And you call that an argument? It doesn't matter that she likes him.

Related to:
>TLOP sold more records then all of grimes albums combined

What have to do sales with the quality of an artist? 50 Cent sold more than Joy Division, does that mean that he's better than JD?

>my fav artist that I won't mention because I knw im full of shit
ftfy

joy division is shit stop posting

>Her music is generic and she's trying to cover it up with her "artistic" "avant-garde" bullshit.
Objectively false. If it's generic, why nobody else did her kind of music? Where are the female artists with her skills set ?

Honestly I think Grimes is awful, but you seem way more intelligent than that other user.

>intelligent
>nihilistic
>wicked sense of humor

laurie anderson did grimes shit 20x better years ago
also has her own movie and is respected by the art community

it's Haydn, and recording of works of his sold much more than any of those two failures ever will

>dead white man did this when racism was alive
doesn't count

>Honestly I think Grimes is awful
(You)

What do they have in common, besides being musicians? Why did you pick them OP? Are they just your favorites or something?

>Grimes isn't awful
(You)

fuck you user, I was going to write that

Grimes is also respected by the art community.

>20x better years ago
You must be joking. That avantgarde shit doesn't hold a candle to Grimes diverse and deep music. Name other great Laurie Anderson songs besides O Superman. Let's see what you got.

PS: Laurie's singing is frankly just speaking...

i literally came here to post this, upvoted

o superman is overrated
youtube.com/watch?v=hedIexysvK4 best on the album imo
anyway im heading off to meet some friends for dinner
have a great day!