Band tees?

I always found band tees to be lame. I never understood why people thought their taste was """"so cool"""" they had to flaunt it. It always felt like a style over substance thing, where you'd wear the tee to be cool, not because you liked the band.

Now, in about a month I'm off to college and I realized why band tees could actually be useful. I want to connect with people who I share interests with, and if I wear shirts with things they might approach me. What's Sup Forums's stance on the issue?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10780371
complex.com/style/2013/10/undercover-springsummer-2014-inspired-music-wont-want-listen
omerch.eu/shop/comus/proddetail.php?prod=omerch_comus_fingersTS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Would you wear a band tee?"
strawpoll.me/10780371
strawpoll.me/10780371
strawpoll.me/10780371

Only if it looks cool and doesn't have anything stupid written on it. I would wear that Tago shirt.

Bought one of them tago mago tee's was shit quality it literally ripped when taking it off

official ones?

T-shirts are supposed to be concert souvenirs, something to remember an event by. I'd probably never get one just off the internet unless I really really liked the design.

I want a Blackstar one pretty badly

nobody gives a fuck jeez. you guys overthink everything.

if you see a cool shirt buy it.

That's my feeling. It's more of a reminder to me of the concerts I've been to. I also tend to lean away from the gaudy shirts that list the tour cities/dates. The less words the better for me.

They can be nice conversation starters. I like to get them to support artists and there and because the designs can be cool.

I have a Future Days shirt and no one has ever recognized it

:'(

yeah, re-thinking it I feel that my old mindset was ridiculous too. I've gotta admit though, I've only wore plain white and heather gray shirts for the last three years.

I wear them because they look cool, and because they're good conversation starters. I've actually joined multiple bands just because someone struck up a conversation with me because they recognized the band on my shirt. So technically it IS flaunting my taste, but for the sake of connecting with others.

Don't worry, nobody ever recognizes it for me either. The only shirt I've had someone recognize is my autechre one off night channels

denton?

this

They almost universally look stupid and give off this "look at my taste" vibe that I find tacky.

arrived today

Going to be getting your daily dose of glares with that one

who?

you sound like a judgmental self conscious person and i urge you to reflect on changing

I wear a closed zip hoodie 90% of the time I'm in public but what makes you say that?

I'm a judgemental prick because I don't like band t-shirts? I don't give a shit what other people are wearing; I just think they're tacky.

having a negative opinion is kinda giving a shit homie

I don't wear band shirts because I find them tacky. Other people don't really factor into this.

this

fair enough peace bb

I would imagine the graphic would be off putting for the general public

luckily I don't live in America
Nice satanic trips, though

I wore an Ege Bamyasi shirt to class one day and my professor and I had a conversation about the album, it was nice

Ah then you should be fine. As a side note it does look pretty comfy

thanks mane

you find them tacky cause you pass silly judgements on trivial things.
also husker du is a silly name, but a awesome band.

ITT

>I don't wear band tees cause it's tacky
>I wear band tees and people that don't like that are close minded

this thread has contributed nothing to OPs post.

I'm at the same point as op, band tees are tacky, but I'm tempted to use them because I have no friends that like what I like and now I'm 31 and old enough to embarrass myself if I find it beneficial as a means to an end.

Ultimately I'd say dont do it op, because solitude has been crucial to cultivating my taste and I'm willing to go on with inspiration as my only guide. and the internet, thank god for the internet.

husker du means "do you remember" in norwegian. the name is awesome.

How are you still alive?

Go fuck yourself.

>you will never own this

I mostly like buying them to support the artists or as a souvenir of a show. I mostly just wear them at home or when going to other shows, unless the shirt is subtle

but you could make it if you're willing to invest the time and effort into it.

honestly I think band shirts are alright but as of late I'm trying to move away from them being the only short sleave shirts that I own.

I don't want to thanks

Yep. Husker Du is also a board game

all shit

only good one in this thread

>he thinks he can recreate this

plen

don't get addicted to drugs or alcohol, struggle with indignation and contempt and establish your conscience as your guiding light in life. somebody write this down, cause that is some damn good advice right here.

Shit, man. I'm 31 too. You're speaking the truth.

Can anyone show me where to get a good Joanna Newsom tee?

I can't find one.

I love the Jesus and Mary chain bomber UC did. Fuck and the television stuff

is this another raf simons parka or something else?

They're one of the few ways I can get people to acknowledge my existence

I think people wear band tees because they like the artist and want to support them. I wear mine for that reason.

I like wearing bandshirts of artists I really like, not because I think it's cool to flaunt it but because I really love the artist.

>Tfw when no one will ever love you enough to put you on a t shirt

>google JAMC bomber
>get this
complex.com/style/2013/10/undercover-springsummer-2014-inspired-music-wont-want-listen

i fucking hate complex

The only band merch I wear is the DG hoodie to make greek normies mad

>random middle eastern bus driver at 1am in seattle recognized my Future Days shirt

kill yourself retard /fa/ggot
you'll always look like an edgy clown to most people

nice future days shirt user ;)

sorry that /fa/ didn't like your outfit user

death grips has the coolest merch but i don't want to wear any of it because people will think i'm some kind of retarded memeposting irony faggot

I could care less what /fa/ thinks
I just think fashion trend obsessed retards should annexed form mortality

I got a plain black Swans shirt with the filth teeth on it and nothing else, I quite like it desu

thanks?

oh and it says S W A N S above it obviously. can't just have a shirt with teeth on it Christ alive

are you okay?

ps that's not what annexed means :^)

I'm probably gonna get a Talk Talk shirt eventually. The designs look more like weird surrealist art anyway.

I have this shirt but don't wear it often because of the fuck word

the filth shirt is the logical conclusion to all band merch

I'm very drunk and tired
fashion fags still belong in the trash with the rest of the hate inducing tumblr cross posting retards

is your favorite band led zeppelin or queen too?

is your favorite musician grimes or churches too?

>he doesn't exclusively rock FOG resurrected band tees

shig

real talk I see no difference between /fa/ and 12 year old girls shopping for clothes using daddies credit card
both entitled materialistic idiots with low comprehension abilities

aren't you a big manly man

Its the only band merch I own, it's pretty fucking comfy too. Probably the comfiest t-shirt I own

probably more than a castrated bitch male like yourself but that's not saying much

the more you know

most amerifats like me wouldn't know that though. also i feel dumb.

hi termi

dats ugly

>tfw mine shrunk in the wash

28 and been though that, it's so lame.

>feeling sensitive?: call him autistic!

>Actually fighting over the internet
Grow up, both of you are probably 14 year old faggots anyways.

wear want you want, don't overthink it like a bunch of dweebs

pic
sorry, cool guy

>le autistic Xd
you're very clever

I want one of these, or better yet the Finger Figure shirt: omerch.eu/shop/comus/proddetail.php?prod=omerch_comus_fingersTS
Such a cool design that's impossible to even bootleg given how rare that picture is.

aw shit dude, shame rly. I live in a rural area and none of my friends know who they are so owning it doesn't rly matter to me but it's a nice shirt you know.

OP is obviously not a real music fan since he completely misses the point of band tees.

The whole point is to prove that you saw the band on a certain tour. The tee was only available at the merch tables on that tour, and you have it. It is a "i've been to this show" boast.

Doesn't make it any less stupid but, it's telling that you don't have a fucking clue.

damn, i like that

>epic fallout reaction image
>"sorry, cool guy"
>muh autism ad hominem
christ.

I only wear a band t if I get it at the show, it's like a souvenir

How's your first week on Sup Forums going?

I managed to find one of these and got it for like $5 at a used clothing store. Found out later I got a piece of $40+ Frank Zappa Memorabilia purely through a shared sense of humor.

Oh, fuck off.
The point is to represent your support of a band, that is all. The point isn't being an insecure elitist faggot about it, Christ.

>>muh autism ad hominem
thats not what ad hominem means you retard
an ad hominem would be, for example, "you're a retard and that's why you're wrong" not just "you're retarded"

and yet you claim I'm autistic.

No. There is a culture surrounding band tees, and it revolves around the fucking tour that the tee is associated with. You've never participated in this culture or you would know.

Go to any fucking show, and go up to anybody and say "hey nice shirt". They will tell you about the show where they got it. This is a cultural thing that exists that you don't know about because you don't venture outside.