/0PN/

explain to me how this man isn't a god. Gonna upload some pics from his set at p4k next

beginning of the set

How was it desu

Missed him a few times before this, totally regret it. Catch him if you can

One of the best sets of the fest other than it being forced to end early

saw him at P4k it was fucking insane

animals made me gasm

who tf is 0pn for real theres no info on google

I was really happy with how the crowd was taking it too. Everyone was so into it. Girls were dancing with their guys behind me, everyone was grooving

It felt kind of like a mix between like an insane late night techno set and a thrash metal show. Anyone feel that?

Also shoutout to Chicago this weekend because I felt that almost everyone I saw was so down with the crowd at every set

Oneohtrix Point Never currently signed to Warp Records, hailing for Massachusetts in the United States

Chicago is the best dude. So much better than NYC and LA

How fucking bad are you at googling? Seriously what the fuck did you search for?

Have you been/lived in NYC or LA? Like what makes them different in terms of crowd response? I'm super curious

Wrong lol
drop your trip child

Who's better?

if dubs his 2017 album will be his best so far

My cousin has lived in both NYC and Chicago and he said that NYC was all right, but there was a decent-sized population of assholes. I went there twice and it didn't click with me the way Chicago has. I went to LA for a month and everyone there was self-obsessed and asshole-ish. Great weather though.

I go to school in St. Paul and I'm from Wisconsin, so I might be a bit biased towards Chicago, but I honestly think the people there were friendlier and the establishments were higher in quality.

talentless hack t b h

Dan if you're lurking this thread pls appear

dude lacks basic reading comprehension though
can't even answer a simple question
also red house painters fucking suck

Nice explanation t b h
>on the cutting edge of experimental electronic, progressing music further than few others
>has released 3 stylistically different albums in a row, all objectively solid
>will only continue to do all of the above

>>on the cutting edge of experimental electronic, progressing music further than few others
[citation needed]

>being this full of shit and contrarian

>on the cutting edge of experimental electronic, progressing music further than few others

you suck at googling, friend

thats holly herndon
opn is washed up

alright, maybe i'm out of line saying they fucking suck, but as slowcore goes, i'd take carissa's weird or mazzy star over rhp any day, i cannot stand mark kozalek's voice

>thats holly herndon

You go to UMN?

How pretentious.

It's done on purpose by special little snowflakes to deter other people, mostly "normies", from finding their secret little obscure artists that only they, the special little snowflakes, are allowed to listen to.

I think it's like a super big stretch to say washed up, idk it seems like he is riding his peak almost

Also Herndon has never really appealed to me all that much, not really into the whole vocal play. It all just seems so like purposely random at times rather than like well done abstraction, Idk tho

I feel that honestly, I enjoy rhp but mostly I applaud OPN giving that as a response

i don't like kanye or radiohead at all but that reply just reads ~too cool for school~

eurgh

You are so upset about nothing

It's literal his Twitter handle in the OP pic

Go take your Ritalin

some poeple are too cool for school, certainly not you

That response is sort of annoying. Answer the damn question, dude.

>>on the cutting edge of experimental electronic, progressing music further than few others

*in popular music

It's done because the handle /opn was taken since it's only three fucking letters long, you manchild.

literally brings nothing new to the table, doin stuff that has been done before but makin it for a bigger crowd by adding some gimmick to his music
>has released 3 stylistically different albums in a row, all objectively solid
that's definition of inconsistency and hoppin on trends,
>all objectively solid
arguably, there are many spots in his discog which are fillers and fairly uninteresting cuts
>will only continue to do all of the above
so will you, praise him, be a mindless fan, support him, etc

he's a nice producer/artist/whatever, just not that great as you think he is

>doin stuff that has been done before

by who?

Since when was thom yorke in Red House Painters???

>R+7 sounds like donkey kong ost
>muh experimental electronic

But then he'd have to choose a plebeian artist, user!! 0PN can't have that or it'd ruin his subversive image!

>>R+7 sounds like donkey kong ost

HE

I don't think we have the same definition of consistency, changing your sound/direction doesn't imply bandwagoning. Also the guy is a grandfather of vaporwave which is super prominent on R+7. Same with contemporary sample usage on Replica, what sample based music was he ripping off there?

Nice b8 m8y

vaporwave is literally just chopped and screwed except instead of rap it's done with 80s pop

it's been being done since the 90s at least.

I feel what you're saying but I think it's less so to show that I'm patrician af, and more humor. Idk I laughed

i don't really get the same feelings from those two things. I'm not trying to vounch for vaporwave being super leftfield, I'm just trying to say that R+7 not very derivative, like how you are saying OPN's work is.

I don't think vaporwave is an offshoot of c&s, mostly because it's generally not inspired by the same things and has a different overall goal imo I.e. Atmosphere>dance/rhythm

I'm happy with you. it was so much fun and fucking loud

ATL NIGGA

Chopped n screwed is just martial industrial but with rap instead of military sounds