Is there really even such thing as the best album ever?

Is there really even such thing as the best album ever?

No

What?

The only thing that can be certain about it, is that Paul McCartney had something to do with it.

Probably one of those classical albums, like Beytohven or something

>albums
>Beethoven
>Beytohven
Satan does exist.

Yes, Daydream Nation by Sonic Youth

Yeah! I love Blurryface by Thy Beethoven's!

"no"

not objectively

that album was not only already done before, but also done better in every way

not yet
once every single combination of notes and sounds possible has been recorded we might know

In my opinion, the best album ever is Cry Baby by Melanie Martinez. I'm a strict indie pop fan. Not really alternative.

yes

Kid A

haha. RUSED

Yeah and it's called Lift Your Skinny Fists

You know, in a sense you may be right. This is assuming if the best ever album has not been made yet. The Beatles were such a popular and influential band, that tons of people are influenced by them. And indirectly, tons are influenced by those influenced by The Beatles. So, even if a Beatles album is not the best ever, it is highly likely something influenced by them (and therefore Paul McCartney) will be.

THE

yeah

>Blurryface
>Album
Blurryface is a song you kek -.-

I would argue that songs for the deaf may be the best, it's musically very complex and technical, while also being accessible. The lyrics are good and the vocals from everyone involved are well done as well. There's also a lot of cool little things hidden in the album that make it worthwhile to listen through it a few times. But at the end of the day music is objective, and what sounds good to one person might not sound good to another.

Yeah, it's called the White Album and was released in 1968.

It's like my 50th favorite album, but it's the best album ever at the same time (objectively speaking).

Came here to post this

fucking perfect desu

>music
>objectively
made me kek

more like songs for the pleb

Agreed.

Troll harder next time

shit taste coz

Not really you'll eventually get bored of all the albums you liked at some point.

FACT THAT

If this would have been completed the way Brian Wilson wanted it way back when, I think I would argue in favor of it being the best of all time.

this. Feels like a curse desu.

Well the sound of Paul Mccartney chewing celery is on Smile so I guess you're right

SO MANY

perhaps not

but there IS a best album ever in your life, for you.
The album that gets you the most, that means the most to you, in the duration of your life.

MEMES

yes

no

>Dated as hell 60s production
>Lou Reed's gay voice
>Shitty proto-drone
>Objectively 10/10
wew
e
w

meh, anyone? I mean this is an album with like 30 10/10 songs here.

Yeah, actually.

It starts with: "WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG YOU WERE THE KING OF CARROT FLOWERS..."

>Can't appreciate an album given the technical limitations of its time

wew
e
w

fucking pleb

Number nine
Number nine
Number nine
Number nine

thank god I'm not the only one who thinks that, even fucking Revolution 9 is a trip

yep its right here

Truth

I don't even like that band or the album, but I'd be a liar if I said that it's not a strong contender for best album ever

Nah

yes

its whatever you want it to be you clown.

thread's over boys, pack it up

not even the best Arctic Monkeys album

absolutely

also, did anybody else like this more than the first one?

wrong
this is the best one (excluding AM, of course)

There is

Indeed.

It's pretty much already there, but yeah, if it was done how he thought it should be then even more so

I like you.

Yeah that's true

Yeah everything is really great aside from #9. It's certainly interesting but not very palatable.

Of course, we've had it for a long time.
With not a single dull second in it it is truly the best album ever.

The only correct answer

bingo

Guys how do I make a good album even? Its embarrassing, I am scared my albums are worse then St. Anger or LuLu. But I guess they seem better then those albums in a more subjective way. Fuck it I am getting my next album mastered at Abbey Roads, maybe it is worth the extra money.

>not a single dull second
You mean "not a single non-dull second"? Surely no one with any self-respect likes this boring poprock drivel, right?

Cont. Because almost any place I find on the internet that does mastering is worse then indie level, its shmuck quality. Either Abbey Roads hopefully or I would have to sign with a real major label to get the real top industry quality sound.

Good albums come from feeling being carried to the listener you gotta be passionate about it, Not shitty recording helps as well.Also I dont even think those are bad albums

Twilight is the greatest song of all time

imagine thinking any of these things

you could learn it yourself and buy equipment, takes years to learn but if you are serious is worth it. Very rewarding experience

Imagine thinking.

The biggest complaint about both those albums is that they almost sound like "Non-albums" as in they are not good enough quality to even be released. And I just want my music to be heard, for a lot of people the mastering has to make the album pass as the real deal for them to even listen and I would have to pay the top dollar to make an album even considered official a release and remembered as one. I am saying the usual mastering I find online still only sounds like a mutant doing a straight to soundcloud recording compared to an "actual" release. (like a home recording/home video) As for making the music good and being passionate, I want to point out that people shouldn't just play with passion or force it, it has to be real. Like something that occurs to you one day and happens to be recorded, realer then a planned wedding kind of real. Real ironically as a dream happening to you, since when a dream happens at the time you don't know it is just a dream, it just kind of happens to you in your sleep unexpectedly.

tried to get into this fucker like 3 times and i cant help but hate it

did it cause my friends love it but idk MAYBE its just not my genre

Not even Godspeed's best album, eat my ass

I don't know what music you make but along with mastering and sound engineering stuff I guess it's also very important to get the best musicians you can. Making your music actually SOUND good it's pretty much important as the material itself.

Trying to call AR support to ask for the prices of mastering a certain amount of tracks. The number is: +44 (0)20 7266 7000, now can someone tell me how the F*** do you call this number?

It's not even the best microphones album.