I want to make music and learn how to produce. getting started and complete noob advice thread?

im broke af and i have no equipment besides this macbook air so anyone got advice for how to go about this whole thing? What program to produce should I use and how could i get it for free

first of all, catalog search /prod/ you dweeb
second, delete this f thread

don't waste your time on that shit
im super srs

some solid shit right there dude. suck my mothers cock.

put some rolls in your mouth

Pirate pro tools and watch some tutorials on the basics. What kind of music do you want to make?

ahaha faggot with a macbook can't even figure out how to use the "program" that comes pre-installed in his faggot laptop, nah he has to come into a death grips fanboi forum and ask people to literally hold his hand

just give up, you're not going to make it

Gonna be hard to get far if you can't play piano...that's a project in and of itself...

you're asking a lot from a moron who probably thinks Garageband is an Apple app for opening his garage

fags i know you hate people who use mac for no reason but it's not like i had a choice what computer I got. beggars can't be choosers and im poor af and this was all i could find.

idk whatever comes to me when im producing

I'm making fun of you because you think you're so special you deserve your own thread and you're literally expecting people to give you a power point presentation on how to become a "producer"

go to /prod/, swallow your pride, lurk. watch music tutorials on the genre you like, and don't be such a dolt

I forgot to reply to this faggot but yah I know it comes with garageband but that shit sucks huge dick its way to basic i cant do jack shit that i want to with it

you're making fun of me because you have nothing better to do with your time when you see a thread you don't like.

>i cant do jack shit that i want to with it

I don't believe this since you are obviously not smart enough to get one of the many free DAWs you can find a google search away

you're just a faggot, and nobody is going to help you because kiddies like yourself are dime a dozen.

nobody has to help me obv but there are some kind people on here who will just cuz. go fuck yourself.

go to /prod/ faggot Sup Forums needs no more 12 year olds asking to hold their hands while making their first babby's trap beats

what part of this don't you get? are you stupid?

u mad

first of all learn how to spell "baby's" you fucking mongoloid. second and this is gunna be a really newfag statement but there is no /prod/ on Sup Forums as far as i am aware so what are you talking about.

at least I'm a not a poorfag with a macbook lmao

A single one of my hardware synths cost 3 times as much as your fagbook

>get told to SEARCH the CATALOGUE for /PROD/
>still cannot find it
>literally asking how to music guize pls tell me
>cant even do a fucking catalogue search

here here

idiot

i did that and i found the thread but it was so small I thought it must be a board somehow still. my bad hehe xd

First off garage band is fine. Back in the olden days they didn't even have garage band they just had shitty 4 track recorders and they still sold hundreds of millions of records. Second you're gonna want an audio interface to connect your instrument to garage band, I would recommend the Scarlett 2i2. Then you'll need a pre amp for that interface so you can actually hear shit, I'd recommend an ART Tube MP. Then you just hook that shit up to some mics like Sure sm57's or 58's. And record shit.

But to be able to mix anywhere near commercial sounding mixes first you also need good studio monitors- unported, and bass traps around the room. Or else your bass mix will almost always come out wrong. You want to cross reference everything you mix with headphones and an Auratone 5c preferably in mono to make sure the mix is coming out solid on lots of different types of speaker. For the auratone 5c you also need to get a power amp.

As far as mixing goes-
Throw a high pass filter on everything around 100hz. I would recommend using downloaded plugins because a lot of GB plugins sound wack.

Throw a compressor on things that need compressing such as bass, drums, vocals. Learn how compressors work because there's a lot of different settings for different things you need to do.

When mixing drums always make sure mics are in phase.

Those are some of the basic basics.

Also try not to eq as much as possible, it sounds far better to record with a great tone then to record with a men tone and then eq

*meh tone

damn thanks man sincerely
sadly im broke senpai. thanks bois im off to kill myself while listening to it smells like teen spirit. Peace, and dont you forget about me

>sadly I'm broke
>dislikes nirvana
Damn I shouldn't have given my advice to such a faggot

He got told of like everyone does in mu and couldn't handle it

lmao this thread is hilarious