How do you all feel about DIIV?

How do you all feel about DIIV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mDYMytKVN7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHO IS KURT FELDMAN

Saw them in Pittsburgh about a month ago. Smoked a cigarette with Dev outside after the show. He was a pretty cool dude.

theyre p cool dudes. music is alright

I love that album

Y'all*

I am from TN, everyone just fucking embrace this awesome conjunction. Please

about damn time someone else that loves it. All my friends laugh at me just for mentioning it.

Saw them in Louisville, great show. Dev does seem like a cool dude tho.

thats ridiculous this is a fantastic album

yeah I don't get it, Oshiin was meh imo but this is amazing and Dopamine is honestly one of the best songs I've heard in years

Is Zach still a heroin junkie?

According to some articles I've read he went through rehab and stuff. Is The Is Are is about his drug addiction and road to recovery.

Yeah it was this nice little venue called Spirit. Their new stuff was fucking awesome live. Then after the show I went outside for a smoke, and Dev came out and was wandering through the crowd like he was lost or really high or something and I was like "Dev what's up man", and he just walked over and ended up bullshitting with me for a while about the tour and some other cities they played and which venues he liked etc. Pretty fun night.

They have a cool sound but it's really bland for the most part, I find myself wanting to listen to something else after 3 or 4 songs.

If I remember correctly he had some health issue during a show and had to cancel something, pretty sure he was still on it when ITIA came out

Damn that sucks. I only want him to get better so he can continue to make music unhindered.

I think they're very hit or miss

Songs like Doused, Under the Sun, How long have you known and some others are damn good

not just Dopamine either, I was in love with Valentine immediately and right now I'm really obsessed with Grant's and Sky's songs. They're way darker and just generally cooler than anything I've heard by them before, while Healthy Moon is one of the sweetest songs I've heard by them. As for my friends, for the most part they're all either musicians or work for labels in the Toronto shoegaze scene, or they're Whirr fans. They always call them boring. Always.

you picked the overrated ones, listen to Mire, Follow and Valentine

Ass. Very generic indie rock with just a thin layer reverb to make themselves seem more #artistic

I mean how much different is the Torronto shoegaze scene? I think your friends sound a little too full of themselves honestly

Good shoegaze is good shoegaze

They're very photogenic

god they all have punchable faces

no zach is 9/10 cutie

The Toronto scene is sorta a blend of the shoegaze and noise punk scenes that were more prevalent a few years ago, now bands like Odonis Odonis are releasing more shoegazey stuff like the Soft Boiled part of Hard Boiled, Soft Boiled and Beliefs are experimenting with more uptempo sounds. Obviously a lot of Toronto bands are going to side with the more interesting side in the whole Whirr/DIIV beef. Personally I love both bands and like to mess with them when they visit Toronto and wear DIIV shirts to Whirr shows and vice versa.

I bought the CD, it comes with some cool stuff. Way better than the things that came with other CDs I bought. I like it.

2 booklets for some strange reason

anything else?

The title track of that album was ace. Who would have known shoegaze could be so powerful.

the guy from ice choir? or is this some dank meme i don't know about

diiv are all right, i get bored after a while though. if zach gets his shit together he is capable of putting out better stuff. seems like a decent kid.

maybe both?

As I recall from the liner notes, he wrote, performed and recorded this song. Along with all that, it sounds way too much like Sonic Youth so I disqualified it when ranking the album. Otherwise it'd get a big boost.

I have no idea who Grant is.
youtube.com/watch?v=mDYMytKVN7g

DUDE HEROIN LMAO