/prod/ - Music Production General

/prod/ - Music Production General

Eternal return of the ancient memes edition

>(Outdated and obsolete) Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>(Outdated and incomplete) /prod/ wiki
mu-sic-production.wikia.com
Still needs work

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!

No one needs your Soundcloud page. Use clyp.it.
Post tracks, express opinions, show templates, share stuff

Don't forget :
1/ Check each other clyps to keep the thread healthy
2/ Don't try to start DAW/hardwave vs software wars
3/ TALK SHIT POST CLYP

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/h14ztawu
clyp.it/w1sn4la2
clyp.it/r5pksfib
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I cannot actually keep the thread going but i wish you all the best of luck

Writing a page on the history of classical music in the wiki.

someone buy me a juno-g

How good is Grimes in prod? I heard she kinda sucks.

I'm interested how good do you have to be for people to listen to your work. What is the line normies can't differentiate gud from bad? Are there some examples or something?

I never publish anything because of it, I always want to work on stuff more and more before showing it to anyone.

Now, actual composing and songwriting is a different thing that is the most important part, but how bad can production aspect be for the piece to still be good overall?

My college class resources includes a link to an author by the name of Scaruffi, P. I thought that was funny.

I'll include the link in case anyone isn't aware of it.

What a hard question to answer. Someone somewhat successful told me that one has to what they like, someone can't make a piece of music trying to simply achieve success by doing what is popular when that's not what they truly want inside. That makes me think that people can only make what they truly want to, and if people listen to it they listen to it. If one doesn't follow their heart, the music would end up sounding unauthentic. Sort of like a joke.

clyp.it/h14ztawu

u like my synths?
they;re pro

Good work user

Oh wow

What kind of question is that? She's the sole producer. If you think her music is good, then obviously she's a good producer. If you think it's bad, she's a bad producer.

From the interviews I've seen, she seems to know her stuff pretty well. But taste is all that matters. If you don't like her production taste, then avoid her.

just got an mpc 1000, wish me luck
currently searching for some tutorials

bump to be sure that the thread don't die before i give feedback to user

I don't understand what's happening t b h

clyp.it/w1sn4la2
please respond

>Bump has more characters than a feedback

>implying that i had nothing interesting or constructive to say but felt obligated to answer
oh wait that's what actually happened

i like it

pretty sure that lunga is fused with screaming females' rose mountain

mah nigga

I use JJOs

clyp.it/r5pksfib any feedback yall can give me on this one?

same senpai, also after i deleted all the internal programs and samples and loaded up mine, clicked the save entire mpc thingie after i switched it off my programs are gone and the internal ones popped up again, how do i solve it?