Thoughts on Moby?

This album is unlistenable, simply because I feel like I've heard every song in a commercial before.

dale

BRING SALLY UP
BRING SALLY DOWN
LIFT AND SQUAT
GOTTA TEAR THE GROUND

carngeie

Good album ruined over the years by car commercials. I still give it a cheeky listen now and again though.
Everything else of his is shit too, save maybe for the 2nd disc of Hotel.

Ambient is a stellar album. Animal Rights is kind of hilarious. Play and 18 were staples of my teen years, but are both a bit too fillerific overall. Havent listened to anything he's done since 18.

Play and 18 are good albums ruined by commercials
everything else isn't for me

Here we are now going into the SOUTHSIDE.

GET MY HONEY COME BACK, SOMETIMES

Very likable music but the list of GREAT Moby songs is very short considering his discography. Off the top of my head,
Honey
James Bond Reversion
Natural Blues
Lift Me Up
We Are All Made Of Stars
South Side

Did I miss anything?

playing in numbers

you missed BWEEEEEEEEE BWEEEEEEEEEE

I mean I like it but I wouldn't call it a GREAT song. Just good. Really sad that I immediately recognised Extreme Waves from that too.

Til the day I die, I will never forget watching Bourne movies like 10 years ago with my dad, who's foreign and uses subtitles to keep up in case someone in the movie has a weird accent. It gets to the last, super tense moment where it's revealed that Bourne can see the woman he's talking to on the phone and Extreme Ways starts to play before it goes to credits. In the subtitles, as a Moby song is playing, the description just says [FAST PACED ROCK MUSIC PLAYS] and for some reason that was the funniest shit to us. Like what an odd choice of description for a Moby song.

So now for at least ten years, every time I hear Extreme Ways I just think [FAST PACED ROCK MUSIC]. Idk why it's stuck with me so long.

My Weakness is pretty great too

The only good Moby album

Moby is pretty cool

Wait for Me used to be my favorite album of his but idk anymore. His more downtempo stuff is great though and pretty underrated overall

Nobody listens to moby

Porcelain

One of the chillest albums ive ever listened to.
Just makes you fantasize about adventures and tropical places and islands and diving and weed and stuff

I love me some Moby. He makes comfy music.

I just started listening to his first album and Ambient, which are fantastic. Play and Wait For Me are good too.

Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?