Reminder kim gordon started sonic youth as a 28yo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmIg1xfa5zI
youtube.com/watch?v=akWFcH5B7BY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's never too late to become a famous musician Sup Forums

start a band today

she wasn't really famous until much later, but its never to late to make good music

even the music wasn't very good until years later but i get your point

>tfw used to play piano for 5 years
>tfw was 14 when I stopped because retarded
>tfw I'm 30 now and regained interest
>tfw it's hard as fuck

I wanna kill my younger self

>implying s/t EP, Confusion Is Sex, Bad Moon Rising or EVOL are bad

pick it back up user.

Oh, I will. Just mad that I made it unnecessarily hard for myself.

Reminder Kim Gordon was 45 before Clinton was in office

unless you want to be a concert pianist it doesn't take long to learn to play what you write

Alan (restless soul until he gets a sticky) Vega

was nearing 40 before Suicide released their debut and around 30 when they started

reminder alan vega was 39 when suicide's debut was released

RIP in peace

This faggot was pushing 30 when MSI released their first album.

He had zero interest in music until he saw Iggy Pop.

It's never too late.

Confusion is sex is bad

lol no

It's one of their best. They never sounded that dark afterwards, save maybe on Bad Moon Rising.

Gira was 29 when Filth dropped, and he claims to have never really bothered with music before then.

A strong argument can be made that he made his best album at 60

my man

I'll put a bullet in your head

>wanna make a band
>pick up bass
>get other musician friends and we form a band
>we just cover songs and make really derivative shit
>upset
>we break up

just

I'm pretty such most musicians experience this several times before they find something that works

whats with all the kimposting

Literally no skill to bass

>he claims to have never really bothered with music before then.
Well he moved to LA in 79 when he was interested in the emerging No Wave scene ( He has cited Suicide as a big inspiration), and was in the band Circus Mort for a couple years before swans. Still, he was 26 when he did that so pretty late, but he was definitely being exposed to and experiencing a bit more seriously that music for a few years before swans.

James Mercer was 30 when the first Shins album dropped.

This is now a Kim thread

youtube.com/watch?v=vmIg1xfa5zI
youtube.com/watch?v=akWFcH5B7BY

>implying kim isn't best waifu

>Enjoying a Sonic Youth album
>Kim Gordon starts singing

regardless he was in his late 20's when took an interest in music at all.

he definitely doesn't conform to the meme that if you didn't start playing at 16 you're screwed

He's only gotten better with age as well. there's another meme that your first couple of albums are your best and after that you decline, but (IMO, which I don't think is fringe) he's only grown in stature over time

Reminder that Kim Gordon was 63 before Clinton II: the Smart One was in office

Not that user but it truly is terrible. Shitty instrumentation and incoherent songs. Stay truly pleb you 'tard.

Given how hard their first album connects with the general feelings of the 20's that's actually kinda hard to believe.
Chutes Too Narrow only feels like maybe 5 years later, and Wincing the Night away actually feels like mid 30's.

>implying Sister is bad
Kys.

I was playing with both hands but quit when I was five because I hated my teacher.

Bernard Parmegiani composed his first piece when he was 37, and made De Natura Sonorum ten years later.
Éliane Radigue made Trilogie de la Mort in her fifties.
Lisa Germano's released her first album when she was 33.
Even though they studied music for a long time before they started, most Can members were in their thirties when they founded the band.
Leonard Cohen also started in his early thirties.

I felt bad numerous times as a 24 years old when I realized I will never be a genius like Gauss, Mozart or the Autechre guys because I spend too much of my time on this earth drinking booze and shitposting here.
But maybe, one day, I will make something valuable for the humankind in the form of a few pieces of music, there is always hope.

Thanks user, as a late bloomer guitarist that's incredibly reassuring

Pretty much every creative medium has multiple examples of late bloomers, why is it that the whole "prodigy who started playing as a kid" creation story is still so popular

I don't know, maybe we tend to focus more on those prodigies than the late bloomers because their achievements are in some way more impressive.
But to be fair, most rock musicians start their careers early, and the good ones peaks in their thirties, I guess that's why.
It seems that a lot of classically-trained composers tend to start their career in their thirties though.

Great age to be knee deep in teen/early 20s pussy.

>there is always hope.

Unfortunately, no there isn't as long as you stay on Sup Forums

There will never be a good Sup Forumssician because we spend too much time shitposting and not enough time on making/practicing music

iktf

>Clinton II
>the Smart One
lel

>26
>late
wew laddies
your diapers are showing

this honestly

haha more like sonic OLD

this guy gets it

This is reassuring, thank you.

Also, the youngest member of Yo La Tengo was 37 when this released.

yeah but thats not a good album

dubs of fucking truth

>not Lee

But Painful came out 4 years before that

as someone who grew up listening to stoner rock and doom, i'm accustomed to bands being started by 45 year old fat hairy tattooed dudes with no prospects of fame. so i don't really get what this thread is about. fuck you guys.

Fair.

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT

>Parmegiani
he made a conscious effort to never write cheesy pop tunes.

this is true, i'm also a painter. most my early stuff was shit and my music is still shit.

are you serious? that was like my teens early 20's music. when that stuff was being released i wasn't as seriously into music and the shins was my jam, def connected with it.

true lol