ITT: Highly rated albums you disagree with

ITT: Highly rated albums you disagree with

No. 22 of all time on RYM? You can fuck right off

Just finishing listening to it all the way for the first time in a while. The only redeeming qualities I can find about this album are:

Marr's intricate guitar work throughout the album, the title track, Bigmouth Strikes Again, I Know it's Over and Some Girls are Bigger than others

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've never seen a straight smiths fan, and I'm a smiths fan.

Morrissey has the occasional funny/tongue-in-cheek lyric like on There's a Light that Never Goes Out about the double decker bus and ten-tonne truck and being in the dark underPASS and saying his time has come AT LAST.

The album is at its most enjoyable when Morrisey is being comical and witty, but most of the time he just comes across as whiny

I don't get it.

If this came out today we'd all be laughing at this nigga what makes it any different in 1972

>Marr's intricate guitar work throughout the album, the title track, Bigmouth Strikes Again, I Know it's Over and Some Girls are Bigger than others
That's quite a lot of the album.

>quite a lot of the album
4/10 songs?

and just because I can appreciate the instrumental work on the songs I don't like doesn't mean they're good.

4/10 songs and the guitar throughout, which is one of the biggest reasons for the album's praise.

i like it cuz its chill lonely guy with guitar folk to listen to at 2am

>I Know it's Over
>Good guitar work

also Bigmouth Strikes Again ain't just Johnny, it also has Craig Gannon

BORRRRRRRRRRING

This album is just Radiohead on autopilot. Disengaging, monotonous and homogeneous. I find myself inching to change to turn it off after Daydreaming. It's a challenge after that.

OK Computer and Kid A are the only things of work Radiohead has produced.

The production on it is fantastic. It sounds great even coming out of a shitty phone speaker.

The production was clearly painstakingly handled, almost to the point of overproduction, everything is glistening and grand.

Nick Drake inspired a lot of the artists you're thinking he sounds like.

>what makes it any different in 1972
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny

TVU&N and Faust

For how influential they are they are painfully average albums.

Fuck I just got that

It kind of amazes me that people not only enjoy this album, but think it's one of the best ever recorded. Sure, Venus in Furs is good, and Heroin's very impressive, but I don't get the acclaim. Is it mainly for the influence?

Both Morrissey and Johnny Marr say Strangeways is their best

The Nico tracks broke pop

>mainly for the influence?
Basically.

The VU were essentially an indie band in 1969

it's the audio version of living with severe chronic depression before medication was available

This makes a lot of sense to me now. I'll try giving Pink Moon another listen with that in mind

YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP.
this album is absolute shit. burn the witch was good but gOD IT'S SO FUCKING BORING AND UNCREATIVE

I dated a girl who loved this record, we sat in her car at the side of the interstate under the country night sky listening to it.

She broke my heart. This album sucks.

Literally could be applied to everyone posting albums in this thread

Radiohead is standard pop music ffs

ugh

Somebody please tell me the appeal of this and where the fuck you find the 2.3 hours to listen to it.

garbage
his father is so much better
This album is amazing you're just retarded
Correct
This album is amazing you're just retarded
This album is somewhat good, I understand your opinion

Jeff Buckley core of the 70's.

you just have to put aside time for long albums, and its an amazing record, maybe post-rock isnt your thing

Girls who idolize Jeff Buckley are insane cunts with personality disorders anyway user, they're almost as bad as girls who ride horses.

> they're almost as bad as girls who ride horses.
what happened to you to make you think that?

Horse girls are fucking crazy, I'm not the user your replying to but I can assure you that horse girls are fucking insane.

>insane cunts with personality disorders
boy did you hit the nail on the head

Overrated as all fuck

slint - spiderland

What don't you like about it? His wordplay is great and if you listen to it as a concept album it all ties together pretty well.

And the production is good.

>It's amazing
>I won't say why though!

nah, it's good.

I just think a lot of the tracks are a little half baked. I didn't get any sense of concept throughout listening to the album. If anything, the album just disjointed.

His "rapping" is lackluster, singing is okay i guess but get pretty monotonous and gets tiresome fast.

Wait what?
Explain

chu dat nigga

Just some clever wordplay through the use of his accent.

because of it, Morrisey makes the lines:
"And if a double-decker bus//Crashes into us"
and
"And if a ten-ton truck//Kills the both of us""

This is also apparent when he sings, "And in the darkened underpass", he sings it more like underpAHs which allows it to rhyme with "I thought oh God, my chance has come at last"

I get the second (although it's more like he doesn't stress the T in last to make it rhyme with pass more) but not your first example.

I don't think you can mount a serious criticism against that record.

radiohead in general i think is just nice and overrated