/daily/ no thread edition

It's the 12th of April.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, conclude that Jangle's Thrift Tourney was a spook, listen to Swedish prog, shed a tear for Harambe and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup topsters when topsters inevitably shits the bed

topsters.net/
>working. we're so proud.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley, aka the inferior plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our alleged Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, order your Even Oxen cassettes!

Previously on /daily/

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/collection/migosandmingus/stag/to-do/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/คณะ_รุ่งทวี/แห่สดดนตรีพื้นบ้านหนองโก_ชุดที่_8___9/
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs_really_important_show_show/
youtube.com/watch?v=gfMuJLCQO7A
youtube.com/watch?v=jsjhj8iM7n8
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hans_otte/das_buch_der_klange/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rolling

I'm going to start a rolling backlog chart - please rec me a replacement for the current slot

2nd for anime

man i forgot how calm disc 1 of 1st live is
caetano veloso- transa
frantz casseus- haitian dances

idk if this is a dumb question, but has anyone else had a problem with foobar where it will show duplicate tracks, but they won't get removed with remove duplicates and when i manually remove them from an artist list, every time i go to another artist and go back they return

I don't understand what this means
but good chart

thanks

I rolled 29 on that post (last 2 digits), so I'll listen to #29 Radar - Easy Listening.
Then asked for a rec to replace it for the next roll.
Also, I took a bunch from your RYM list, so thanks for posting that!

I feel like i had this problem a long time ago and i think i solved it by not manually adding albums and instead setting it up so it automatically adds anything i put into my music folder.

ohhh I see
neat idea for a chart

>posts mango

>I feel like i had this problem a long time ago and i think i solved it by not manually adding albums and instead setting it up so it automatically adds anything i put into my music folder.
that's how i have it
i should probably see if the duplicate tracks play, or they are just ghost tracks that automatically skip though

Is a Diza Star a Dizzy Star or a Disaster?

I think it's "Diza Star"

Post artists you'd like to see live but can't because they retired/died/etc.

This chick with a 2/10 voice has taken to singing her heart out on her front lawn every fucking evening while her dumb boyfriend struggles through major chords on a out-of-tune guitar.

How's your day going /blog/

wow do you live across the street from the crystal castles people

Probably the funniest thing I've read all day. I always feel like an old person, typing that. Cheers.

will listen to the first album posted from here
rateyourmusic.com/collection/migosandmingus/stag/to-do/
that's under 1 hour

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/คณะ_รุ่งทวี/แห่สดดนตรีพื้นบ้านหนองโก_ชุดที่_8___9/

>rateyourmusic.com/release/album/คณะ_รุ่งทวี/แห่สดดนตรีพื้นบ้านหนองโก_ชุดที่_8___9/
i probably should have expected that

It was just too easy, really. Didn't even have to wait for the album covers to load.

Enjoy

is there any way to resize the backup topsters' album charts? planning on making a flowchart but I can't get to resize the charts :(

this was a good op for a change

>Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
This was a lot worse than I was expecting, it comes nowhere near the levels of Pink Moon. The extra instrumentation (like the strings and electric guitar) is just so melodramatic that it just negates any emotional impact that I felt from Drake's guitar playing and.songwriting, which I think is still there in this album. From what I understand Bryter Layter is more of the same so i'm not sure I'm even going to bother for now, I'm so glad he decided to strip it down for Pink Moon. Disappointed but it was still alright so 3/5.

>Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombone
I can see what he was going for here and I quite liked the atmosphere of the album but I found myself bored at parts. 3/5 atm but there's one or two great songs so it might rise on relistening more.

forgot trip

Could you not just resize them

*in paint or something

ffs having a nightmare here

10/10

VCN next!

P L U G
W I T H
M E

;_;

>Radar - Easy Listening (2005)
This sounds like an indie film soundtrack - it makes for nice background music. Some good ideas here.

Rolling

It's BTFO time lads.

Esther Russell - The Open Gate
Music so lame not even your evangelical great grandmother would listen to it.
Literally shitty church recordings of an opera singer wailing about Jesus. Instead of listening to this consider attending church in a rural village. Or better yet - hit up your local thrift store and you'll surely find some private church recordings that rival this.
The instrumentation is trash tier, and amounts to pretty much a slowly plucked chord once per bar.
If I have to hear another wailed passage about Jesus someone is getting hurt.
Deleted from computer.

"Nice voice"
2.0 /10

Khana Rung Thawi- Molameme 8+9
idk how this little thai lad is able to melt my face off with his casio, but he did it
8/10

Buddy Holly - Buddy Holly (1958)
>rockabilly, rock & roll

Another album by a geeky-looking, black haired, rock singer with nerd glasses, and I like this a fuckton more than My Aim Is True. Holly's death was a total tragedy, and I'm now seeing exactly why, because this album is more ahead of its time than it has any right to be. Power pop, jangle pop, twee pop, overdubbed vocals, ripping guitar solos, weird chord changes, idiosyncratic drums, this is badass. But then there are some just like boring rock and roll songs that drag the whole thing down. That can't detract from how mostly really good this is though.

3.0+

daikanjyo m8
one of the great tracks better be franks wild years

Downloaded, will listen tomorrow since I'm just about to go to bed.

No.

RIP. is this the album someone was waxing lyrical about yesterday? Listen to Washington Phillips for some good gospel now.

I love Frank's Wild Years - my favorite Tom Waits song

this is a neat idea, but you're not gonna roll every number. I mean once you roll half of your numbers you're more likely than not to re-roll the same thing.

yeah that's why I replace as I go. I'm assuming that my rolls will be uniformly distributed. After rolling a few dozen times, I'll plot the histogram and see if it looks uniform

haino hit the dab

Oof

I'm sure you could just slap "daily" on this somewhere and call it a day

ok

>mfw this actually looks good

kind of hard to see the dab in question tho

It looks like it will only take 12 rolls until rolling a duplicate number is greater than 0.5.
Thanks user, the birthday paradox is an interesting phenomenon.

holy shit this is so incredibly wrong
never listen to gospel again you dumb idiot, you don't deserve it.

Don't listen to Washington Phillips, take your head out of your pig shitter and get some taste you miserable fuckhead.

You know nothing of passion, or beauty, or the dedication people have to create. Just stop. It would be better for everybody.

ONE ALBUM AWAY FROM FINISHING CHALLENGE 1 LADS.
C93 KIND OF SUCKED SHIT.

>C93 KIND OF SUCKED SHIT.
Accurate

Iguana victory confirmed

>passion, or beauty, or the dedication
What if the music is shit tho (because it is).

there may be hope yet for the eastern bloc

fuck you
it's the person behind the music that makes it beautiful. the more you can hear that person through the music, the more moving and human and connected you become.

keep yer shit opinion to yerself ya souless cretin

Is your mission to make every /daily/ user butthurt at least once? If so, good luck with Dogwander.

>John Fahey - Vol. II: Death Chants, Breakdowns and Military Waltzes (1964)
Obvs this was going to be good - similar to Blind Joe Death

Rolling

Need another rec

rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs_really_important_show_show/

I believe that letov said he'd sacrifice his spot if it meant singing the soviet anthem, but i'm still willing to deliver if necessary (won't be able to until sometime tomorrow though)

if you are the only one to deliver, you are the only one to advance. take your time.

>if you are the only one to deliver, you are the only one to advance. take your time.
alright

would you prefer singing in english or russian
english would be more coherent but russian would be more authentic/hilarious

russian. don't you dare dishonor your soviet heritage.

exactly what i thought, just wanted to make sure

out of curiosity, what do supercluster/yamir have to sing to advance

It really is! I got birthday security bound with my thesis :)

Alban Berg Quartett - Schubert: String Quartet No. 15

Thanks

Who /comfy/ here, good morning
what are ye listening to

youtube.com/watch?v=gfMuJLCQO7A

youtube.com/watch?v=jsjhj8iM7n8

Feeling tipsy lads. Is 77' live the ultimate drunk album?

rip sync

If you like impressionism and minimalism (you asked in the last thread), you might want to check out Das Buch Der Klänge by Hans Otte
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/hans_otte/das_buch_der_klange/

no that's pink moon

Tuxedomoon - Half Mute
Very uninteresting, overly full of itself...
it's not so much that I didn't like it it's that I had no strong reaction to it at all
so bland

Prolapse - The Italian Flag
It's a serviceable post-hardcore album, songs are memorable and catchy and the lyrics are pretty nice
yeah man, I dig it

Listening to Spirit of Eden and drinking coffee. Feels pretty nice.

I know that my chart is full of well known essential albums but I don't remember them that well to rate them without listening to them again.

fuck whenever I make a chart I always find some new albums to listen to, what do you guys do then?

Pretty comfy, chief, listening to Dark Comedy by Open Mike Eagle. I have been on a real hip hop kick this week.

Think I will listen to some Planet Asia today as well, my friend (who is a major hip hop buff) rec'd me some stuff yesterday.

How are y'all doing? I like all of you, even Shamepai and Jangle.

I just backlog them for later.

I want to listen to this simply because of this review.

>/comfy/
>in 35C heat in a country where AC isn't the standard
brbkms. Not listening to anything since my sister's watching some shitty show and we're having breakfast rn.
pretty "ok", hung out with friends a lot over the last week, kinda tired, kinda slow, kinda hot.

>35C
>hot
lol, yurups complaining about summer is funny to me

Ok so I am not going to compete in singing contest, so yamir should advance further

second round when?

Good Aftermoon /daily/!

Working dog doing work right now. Listened to another Furtwangler CD yesteday. 2 more CDs of Fidelio though. I almost feel guilty for doing the opera in three separate listens but there is no time :(
>singing contest
wut wut? Where do I sign up?

>2nd place
Yee boi
Is this the one and only empty
Sync pls live again
The contest is for gfr's tourney.

Yamir and I have a tie in gfr's really important show show, so as a tiebreaker it is suggested to sing Xiu Xiu's song for both of us.
And I can't sing for shit, so I won't.
p.s. might have thought about it if it was the soviet hymn like in Letov vs Ruggles case

>The contest is for gfr's tourney.
oh snap D:
>And I can't sing for shit, so I won't.
just cover some Jandek spoken word track. Done deal.

Afternoon? It is barely noon!

I have the title track of Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime stuck in my head. Specifically the chorus. I have no problem with this, it is a great chorus.

I have a question for you and you already know what the question is.

Can't

>Fabulous Muscles
well Jamie can't sing for shit, I'm sure you'll be fine ;^)

Are you sure?

Yeah, I think I'm gonna pass

>mfw

you are the second person to do this, apparently Letov won't sing the Soviet anthem,
can't rod just have an EP off, whereby each recommends an EP and he decides the best one
so much easier / not completely humiliating (fabulous muscles is pretty gay dude, Letov is probably INSULTED because rod wants him to do this thing)

I don't own a microphone so if I ever have to do a sing off I'd fail by default, I agree
also, what are you a bigot?

I would love to hear Haino do a cover of Operation: Mindcrime.

dude just use a phone

all I do now is listen to vaporwave

help I thought this meme was dead years ago

holy shit what the fuck team trash is absolute trash i knew rudi was gonna fuck everything up piece of shit who even recs c93

if supercluster doesnt submit anything do i win even if what i submit is shit?

>what do supercluster/yamir have to sing to advance
fabulous muscles

Idk, I don't mind gay, but hymns are way easier to perform and soviets are not insulting me in every way possible, so I might have given it a try. Well, anyway yamir gives better recs than me, he should be the one to advance really

dude if you want to turn on your team East Bloc would be happy to have you

no m8....Soul's True Love when?