Is there any real trend in music anymore?

is there any real trend in music anymore?

A trend to utter dogshit

numale poptimisim

/thread

Yes, watch MTV. It all sounds the fucking same.
That eurotrash synth dance shit with some slut with no makeup and no pants singing like Rhianna or Christina Aguilera.

conformity and anti-intellectualism

t. edgy

There's no trend in anything. You're now able to structure and segment your world entirely as you see fit. The internet has fractured the world irrevocably.

There was a time when every person woke up, ate breakfast, went to work / school, came home, ate dinner and then watched television until going to bed. There were literally three television stations. How many people in this country do you think watched the Beatles perform on Ed Sullivan? The answer is a fuck of a lot.

*too much makeup

no, the internet splintered everything into hundreds of pointless fad genres

well, there's kind of a hair thing going on

Kekking at all these retards

The trend is multifaceted, mirroring our current level of communications becauses that's all art is, a means of transmitting messages. There are popular trends which is always garbage because it appeases the lowest common denominator so it can appeal to masses as a commodity. But there are endless musical pidgin languages being created, starting many trends all over the globe and influence those who are in the know in terms of technology. It's the most creative period for the arts thus far in human history

Trap music

it's been like that since 1996

This. Everyone's listening to their own thing but not necessarily for the worst. Popular top-40 is by and large hot trash.

/thread

Well, that's a trend.

contrarianism and pretentiousness

this dick lmao

It's bass heavy rap with the rapper mumbling and there's an auto tune chorus.

Popular songs in 2016 :

WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK

I GOT 2 PHONES

I GOT BROADS IN ATLANTA PANDA!

I DON'T NEED A ONE DANCE, I GOT HENESSEY IN MY HAND

ITT: lewrongenerationers

mashing multiple genres together to hit as many audiences as possible, to bring in the most money. It's a purely corporate decision.
I know that "born in le wrong generation" is some big red flag on Sup Forums but it is true that the mainstream content in recent years has been on severe decline, and I believe that is the reason. Past mainstream trends always catered to a fairly casual audience, but at least it tried to be good at what it did.

D J E N T
J
E
N
T

Artists in popular music have been combining genres for the last seventy or eighty years, user. You're not completely wrong, but take off your tin-foil fedora for fucks sake.