ITT: God-tier punk albums

ITT: God-tier punk albums

Can't disagree, great album.

One of my favorite albums, but it's not punk. Definitely New Wave.

This single stands as one of the greatest punk singles of all time. It just states it's anti-police message with such brutal honesty and power. One of the great protest songs.

that album fucking sucks

Well, for all of it's apparent simplicity, Ramones is an album you kind of have to "get". If you haven't gotten it yet, just listen to it some other time and see if it clicks.

Overrated as fuck, the Deal Kennedys were more appreciated for their image and politics than their music
As is the state of punk from the 80s to now. Sad.

i'll hand it to you that some of their songs aren't great musically. still love holiday in cambodia on all levels, though

Yeah, I like the DK's singles but I think their albums fall flat

This is only second to Plastic Surgery Disasters.

Don't listen to this retard. Dead Kennedys were one of the more musically talented famous punk bands.

People overlook how influential melodic hardcore was on 90's alt rock. I swear some of these songs sound like shit I'd hear on the radio in 91

This is absolute insanity. East Bay Ray is a fucking guitar wizard and Jello's vocals are perfection. An album that includes Chemical Warfare and Holiday in Cambodia is impossible to overrate.

>Don't listen to this retard. Dead Kennedys were one of the more musically talented famous punk bands.
Not really tho

If you're only listening to Jello maybe. Get your ears checked.

>The Dead Kennedys were a notably idiosyncratic punk rock band. Although they kept their music for the most part loud, fast, and aggressive, they threw in eclectic flourishes that were easy for casual listeners to miss. These experiments were represented most prominently in the guitar playing of East Bay Ray, who took cues from sources such as film music (spy movie scores and Ennio Morricone spaghetti western scores), instrumental surf rock (the guitar stylings of Dick Dale and George Tomsco of The Fireballs), as well as the psychedelic music of the 60s (especially early Pink Floyd) with his trademark echo effects. With help from Jello Biafra and Klaus Flouride, East Bay Ray crafted a distinct and driving guitar style and sound.

>In interviews East Bay Ray has cited the playing of Syd Barrett on Pink Floyd's first album The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, as well as the music of the Ohio Players, and the guitar playing of Elvis Presley side-man Scotty Moore (with his trademark echo), as influences.

Does this sound;like your typical punk guitarist?

Who gives a fuck. The Dead Kennedys may have a slightly unconventional musical direction (at least for the extraordinarily constrictive punk "rules" invented by insecure Cali punk kids), but that doesn't save their music.
>the lyrics
One-sided, boring, obvious "wit" or "satire", if you could call it that
>the attitude
The band takes themselves too fucking seriously and have seemingly no real sense of humor
>the music
Rather monotonous and unmemorable
>the singer
Obnoxious to listen to
>the songs
They're just not good
Without their questionable adolescent-level politics, the Dead Kennedys are just not very good

This is objectively one of the top 10 best rock albums.

shit opinion

Thanks

NEAT NEAT NEAT!

WELL HERE I AM
I'M JUST ANOTHER ONE NIGHT STAND
ANYWAY, I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M SAD

Lol what

>The Cars
>Punk

PT BOAT ON THE WAY TO HAVANA
I USED TO MAKE A LIVING MAN PICKING A BANANA
btw It's Alive is better and is their best album

not punk
not punk
not punk
pop punk
not punk
not punk
nu-metal
not punk

>Ramones - Ramones
>pop punk

A lot of these I can accept as at least post-punk but how do you think shit like The Police and Cheap Trick are anything at all like Punk?

Pic related and Suffer are 10/10s

A little dated, but there are some great songs on here.

The only

Troops of Tomorrow and trhe whole UK82 genre, Punk AinĀ“t Dead

Supporting caste, big dick self titled, damaged, bad brains self titled, single mothers self titled, neon creeps, fellow project- stable life, dump the body in Riki lake, the Coltranes- visions of terror and bliss, the emotron- in the decemberwrist

my man

Best of the first wave NY punk scene, the Dead Boys.

This nigga gets it

Shitty, edgy riot girl!!!!! XDDDDddD

A waste.

the girl in that cover is my sister's friend's aunt

>the Deal Kennedys were more appreciated for their image and politics than their music

There is literally nothing more autistic than a worthless cunt like you who genuinely thinks they have any idea at all about how people appreciate a band.

Kill yourself you insufferable piece of shit.

His statement was true, and the music itself wasn't that good to begin with.

Stop being such an edgemaster.

Yeah, definitely in my top ten, unfortunately the Dicks never made a better song.

last time I checked the Dead Kennedy's political message held them back for the most part

>The band takes themselves too fucking seriously and have seemingly no real sense of humor
>the music
Rather monotonous and unmemorable

I think you're letting reactionary politics obscure your judgement, DK were pretty silly.

obv

why didn't this kind of style/sound spread more

Oklahoma's best.