This is the most innovative album of the 2010s so far. Prove me wrong

This is the most innovative album of the 2010s so far. Prove me wrong.

if i could go one day without seeing a fucking death grips thread i'd be so happy
just one day without seeing that stupid fucking anime cover

sick dubs

>distorted Abelton presets with some black dude screaming over it
Wow so innovative
Dalek? Never heard of em.

I know this is Sup Forums, but when you make a claim the burden of proof lies with you. You have to prove why it's the most influential album, instead of operating under the assumption that it is.

That would be like making a rape accusation and then saying "prove me wrong!"

sensational/kouhei did it better

Being this new

>dubs
huh?

It's about as innovative as Limp Bizkit after discovering Brokencyde and deciding to add crunkcore influence to their nu metal.

>the "muh I think Dälek & DG sound the same because people both consider them industrial hip-hop, except Dälek was around for a lot longer" argument

stop breathing immediately.

There is literally no point in trying to discuss DG here. Memes and the fact that they are known outside of Sup Forums now have completely ruined any chance of discussion.

>woah it's horrorcore with noise wow so experimental
Here's a secret: noise isn't a new, innovative concept in itself, and hasn't been since the 80s
Music doesn't suddenly become more interesting just because it's a little noisy

You just summed up Death Grips
They're basically this generation's Marilyn Manson. Generic not-really-shocking shock rock for suburban white kids to feel badass to. Only this time with artistic pretentions, indie cred, and a false "experimental" tag slapped onto it

I think the fact that 80% of DG's fanbase ultimately comprises of Sup Forums users, redditors, and youtubers who watch nothing but Anthony Fantano and PewDiePie videos is the main reason why it's almost fucking cringeworthy to discuss them (especially to a fan).

This is the most innovative album of the 2010s so far. Prove me wrong.

Hoop life was a better album. Fuck KD is an objectively great song.

You're probably right. As a fucking huge DG fan, trying to talk to the average Fantano dickrider is absolutely impossible.

>that hustled my bones
>noided xD

This shit needs to fucking end. I hate the memes associated with DG because that's all the discussion devolves into.

How does one "innovate" music? And furthermore, how is innovative a necessarily positive musical quality?

TMS is pretty awesome, but I don't think it's that innovative.

I just found out about this right here the other day, and I think it's a better pick as far as 'innovation' goes

Eccojams is the most influential, it doesn't feel good to say that but it's true

Dude... The Grimes threads are a billion times worse.

This. In the past two weeks there have been Grimes generals every day. What the fuck? How can you talk about one single female artist so much? At least Death grips is a collective of members and pushed a shit load of musical boundaries.

>pushed a shit load of musical boundaries.
lol...

As someone who actually like Death Grips... no.

Death Grips is what people who don't listen to experimental music think experimental music sounds like.

It's not a surprise, the people that bring an innovation to more mainstream attention always get the credit despite the fact that they're rarely the actual innovators.

I agree with you, I love noise but not every single noise song is innovative or good. But the thing is that death grips is not only noise rap. Is cyberpunk noisy and fat lo-fi glitchy beats with lots of violence and hardcore punk shit.

Is not that complex, there are lots of people who just love that combination.

> Marilyn Manson
> Generic shock rock

antichrist superstar is a masterpiece

Lol you're retarded, Marilyn Manson made great music regardless of how it was perceived. I mean, does music have to appeal to a bunch of retards and niggers to be good?

>It's not a surprise, the people that bring an innovation to more mainstream attention always get the credit despite the fact that they're rarely the actual innovators.
Spot on. I'm a fan of Death Grips too, but I think their innovation lies only in popularising existing ways of making music.

Can someone please explain to me WHAT is SOOOOOO good about DeathGrips? Is it BECAUSE it's an assault to the ears? I mean musically it doesn't have any complexity and it sounds like shit, the drums literally sound like somebody distorted their first FL Studio drumloop, and there is literally no lyrical integrity. Is it like when people go to those bullshit "art" exhibitions with assholes all over the wall?

innovation is useless unless you can get it out there and popularize it. - larry page or somehting

I like death grips as well and still gotta agree with you

Really? Are we still trying to say there's something else that deserves the label of being the most innovative release of the 2010s when elseq 1-5 exists?

haha

Sorry, we only accept new innovative ideas when they're being made by living breathing humans. Autechre is like a conscious speak and spell but with music instead of words that got lucky to crawl it's way into the faggot masses ears that apparently includes you.

>being this delusional now that AIs have proven to be better than humans at making music

>Prefers a century of vibrant human made music, most with lyrics, over a recently released 4 hour instrumental bleep bloop shitfest
>delusional
Try again, buddy

>prefers music with set limits making it have very little variety and versatility to essentially totally serial music that can bring and kind of pitch, rhythm, and timbre to the table
>not delusional

>vaporwave
>influential

Calling Eccojams vaporwave is really selling it short.

I honestly believe the answer to this question is something by Oneohtrix Point Never.

and I don't even like his stuff that much

Doesn't the diversity of their sound with the rate of output and the determination to keep going do anything for you?

These guys have produced 99.9% of their music within the span of a single radiohead release. I can see not liking their sound/vibe but there is some merit in their talent.

Marilyn Manson did appeal mostly to a bunch of retards, actually
but yeah he made some pretty good music

i can't tell my jaded outlook on life from my actual opinions so i can't really say

you only believe this because you haven't listened to much electronic music. regardless of whether you or anyone else thinks he does a good job at making music, he objectively has not innovated much, just at best perfected some older styles.

where

>produce a lot of bad music in a short period of time
>somehow better for it
this is really basic quality != quantity, m8

babby's first avant-garde electronica as praised by Pitchfork that helped you outgrow just listening to the Flaming Lips all the time != most innovative music of this decade, friends

>you haven't listened to much electronic music
I've not heard compositions like his ever popularized like his
hey look man who's above pop music is going to show us some unbearable middle-eastern jazz fusion bullshit and we're all going to be so impressed

>popularization
>innovation
different things

>It's innovative!
>No it's not!
>Haha you would say that you dumb shit. What are you gonna do now, show us innovative music? Huehuehue

>What are you gonna do now, show us innovative music?
well if you knew any (you don't by the way), surely you'd part with it for the sake of this thread would you not?

Larry Page is a capitalist and a technology man, not a scientist or artist trying to think of something interesting for its' own sake.

i love you

what can we do... even filters dont help against threads like these

I preferred it when M.I.A. made it first.

But OP, that's not the Ark Work

Fucking this. Grimes is awful.

>says DG = Marilyn Manson
>instead of feeling insulted people defend Marilyn Manson

Jesus Christ, this board.

The correct answer would be Cosmogramma by Flying Lotus, really.

not a bad shout

Yeezus. Argument dismissed.

>mentioning Yeezus

Dismissed

>Joking
Dismissed.

hey buddy, you lost?

T
E
R
M
I
N
A
L

OP BTFO

holy shit ive never seen someone this new

>Lil B
>avant-garde electronica
okay my man

Death Grips is one of my favorite bands, but nah

Surely you must be joking

kek

>listening to music
Dismissed

You
and you,
get out!

Great album, but no that innovative sonically.

even if you like this album, how can you say its innovative? the whole appeal is that it's nostalgic and old-school sounding...

sure buddy.

>Dismissed for Listening to music
>Dismissed
Dismissed

I feel the except same way about AnCo. Except with that band it's worse.

Innerspeaker is pure classic psych rock. Lonerism is that but with some new twists. Definitely not a hugely innovative album, but it isn't completely based in the past imo

the leather club is two blocks down.

Exact might be the word you're looking for.

>ae
>pitchfork approved
lol wew lad

that said, as much as i like elseq, generative music has been around forever so it's really not all that innovative.

It is.

pleb

not even their most innovative album

Idk its some kind of reddit tourist cancer

Honestly I wouldnt have a problem with a general for any other artist its just that grimes is hands down one of the worst popular artists right now

Id rather listen to vanilla ice