Appeal of Yachty??

Can anyone explain to me why anyone likes this trash.
And no bullshit like "its fun"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=251cxou3yR4
youtube.com/watch?v=_srvHOu75vM
audioinbox.com/c/i28OkH
mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has this black gentlemen dropped timmy turner yet

its fun

That's the point of yachty, it's fun, and really poppy.

It sounds like some kids bedroom recordings got leaked and it's people rapping not for the money or the image but becuase they like it and they have a good time, they're also having a spreading a bit of a more positive message.(When I speak of their I mean all of sailing team)

It's super sweet, it's the Big Red of hip hop. It's truly a breath of fresh air, it all makes me really happy. It's like taking the dorkiest kid in the world who wanted to be a rapper and letting him live out his post-808s and heartbreaks era fantaties

>Fun is not a valid reason to like music

Well said

yeah but its intrinsically inferior to rap with actual substance, drake has more substantial lyrics then this fool and is 10X pop

>Implying music with artistic value is not automatically more enjoyable than music that's "fun"
Good music is fun music
Fun music is not good music

youtube.com/watch?v=251cxou3yR4

it's fun

Yeah but it's more focused on the sonics and the mood, like I said it's just sugary and sweet, it's not meant to be deep or thought provoking. Just like Shake Shack ins't meant to be gourmet nor is it trying to be.

You don't listen to Brittany Spears for the lyrics, you listen to it becuase she makes catchy ear worms. Yachty's not trying to be deep. He's just having fun and making music for having a good time.

Incorrect

Neither of the two are the same

For example, Faust's debut s/t is a fantastic album but I wouldn't call it fun. Same with something like F#A#

Fun = Enjoyable
Any music that is good is enjoyable in some sense why else would you really be listening to it.

It is though.

This 100% seems like something someone would make if they were just having fun as a musician and weren't worried about their image too much.

It's not taking itself too seriously, which is a breath of fresh air in this modern age.

I listen to GYBE for the emotional sentiment it brings and the incredible improvisation and concrete, while I listen to Faust as an observation, or as something to study

>yeah but its intrinsically inferior to rap with actual substance

it's the rap version of bubblegum pop. take it for what it is or don't.

and rap music is intrinsically inferior to other mediums like literature when it comes to substance to begin with. all of this is only popular music. kendrick lamar could put out a new album that is even better and more culturally resonant than all of his previous works combined and it'd still only be popular music at the end of the day.

and this is coming from a big rap fan. stop measuring different forms of popular music by their intellectual content. that is nothing more than a nonsensical grasping at straws. just pick up a book.

This album placed 11th on the charts for a while, it talks about who controls the world. It also describes real life for the average Joe, not some star. This is probably one of the most culturally significant pieces of art in the last 40 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=_srvHOu75vM

dude kanye lmao

cultural significance and intellectual complexity are two different things. i know how important that album is. that isn't what we are talking about here.

popular music isn't intellectually demanding as opposed to other potential avenues of intellectual communication and it is nonsense to judge certain works of popular music against other works of popular music with specific regards to intellectual content. this is an inherently lower form of intellectual communication across the board. that doesn't mean works within it are of lesser cultural value. again - two very different things.

I guess it is incorrect to say Nas has more cultural value than rappers of today. However popular music of Nas and 2pac is more intellectually demanding than popular music of the present. Almost every lyric in the world is yours is a lesson. A different subject entirely with every breath. It's thicker than a textbook.

>It's thicker than a textbook.

no it isn't, m8. this is just a silly platitude.

it is a brilliant and cogent synthesis of a lot of different aspects of nas' society and life going on at the time - a commentary that in most respects holds true to this day, both of his country and the greater human condition - but it isn't thicker than a textbook.

that album is genius, i agree, but you're trying to sell that album and popular music as something that they're simply not.

wha?

I liked panda for a second and now its shit and he isnt known for anything else sooooooo its over

Link to SS2:

audioinbox.com/c/i28OkH

What you said is unthinkable. A wall of text separating me from though. Anyone can listen to the album and decide for them self.

>What you said is unthinkable. A wall of text separating me from though.

... what?

Your writing style in the last post is intentionally deceptive and results in a sort of electric shock shutting down my brain. You can read more about this type of writing and how to avoid it here.

mtholyoke.edu/acad/intrel/orwell46.htm

>Your writing style in the last post is intentionally deceptive and results in a sort of electric shock shutting down my brain.

sorry, bro. wasn't my intention. i meant that by claiming his album was "thicker than a textbook" you mean to imply that there is a wealth of raw information there, when really it is exactly the opposite: a brief synthesis of a lot of information and experience that is designed first and foremost to entertain, not educate. the great works manage both.

this is what popular music does well. it serves its purpose. stop trying to sell great works of popular music under the banner of intellectual content. albums like these *are* genius, but for completely opposite reasons.

that snarky orwell jab isn't needed either. the post wasn't nearly that complex. it was only a few lines, son.

I don't care to argue the nature of reality with you.

man are you even understanding what i am saying?

you respond with the oddest shit. is any of this actually clicking?

Yachty is real basic desu he's just fun to listen to while high

I love you

>"I don't care to argue the nature of reality with you."

Here's Sup Forums for you

this user is creating new levels of autism