Its the variety that keeps me coming back to Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_gtimf8a4-E&list=PLdbUdU0dXg6inqYGYmEM-_wOJ-wNgV2Gl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I mean what did you expect user, this place sucks

for me it's the people who listen to swirlies

>Sup Forums only talks about the best music ever made

Shock! Horror!

I feel like leaving Sup Forums but I don't think there are any other music boards with nearly enough traffic so I stay

Exactly same and only reason I do.

>it's another "my taste is so deep that i'll pat myself on the back to anonymous people" thread!
my favorite.

poor bait

>Lana Del Rey
>Beyonce
>Justin Timberlake
>best music ever made

they're not really implying they have superior tastes, just that Sup Forums talks about the same albums all the time, which they do

>oh hey its another thread about how Sup Forums is bad!

just fuck off and stop whining, youre making it worse we get these fucking shit threads every 2 days

if you want discussion about different albums, then make threads about different albums

well "they" don't realize their shit thread is repetitive too.

threads that get 2 replies
believe me I've tried

threads about albums outside of Sup Forumscore get like max 10 replies and you know it

favourite swirlies song?

active OPs help a lot in these too, move discussion along.

Except OP hasn't been able to bump threads for about 2 years now

So you get 20 replies over 3 people
Good idea user

its discussion
would you rather get 50 people saying "i like it" or calling you a faggot?

what

>if you want discussion about different albums, then make threads about different albums

Nobody will respond unless you're dick sucking The Glow pt. 2

Meta threads made just to bitch are no better than shitposting. If you really want the board to look better, make a thread about one of the great obscure albums I'm sure you listen to.

Kicking the can down the road doesn't help either.

Sup Forums needs a drastic change of culture.

>what

OP cannot bump their own thread, Moot changed it years ago to stop spamming, shitposting and bad trolling

literally what yes they can

>all non-Sup Forumscore is lol-so-obscure

How clueless really are you?

No, they literally can't you dumb cunt

Try it. Start a thread, wait for it to get to page 3 and post again, it will not bump

Sup Forums is basically Reddit 2.0

ok faggot, i started this thread and im about to bump it

He didn't say that. Work on your reading comprehension.

oh look at that, it bumped! you fucking retard

you fucking idiot, people have already bumped that thread. you can't bump your own thread until it has replies

you are reaching

try it. how can you be such a newfag?

BUMP

Start your own thread for the music you want to talk about then.

Read the thread, retard.

ok op cant bump their own thread unless other people post, i was wrong about that
i guess the only logical answer would be make a post compelling enough that at least one person would respond

Yet post a picture of a Sup Forumscore album / artist and no text at all and 300 replies.

underrated band

>i guess i just need to bait with shitty memes or contrarian opinions

what swirlies album should I listen to first?

JT is a god, fuck you.

or start with an actual discussion? maybe be more broad so more discussion is possible? maybe quit being a faggot

okay, done

>make a tl;dr post
my point is, it's incredibly difficult to make threads on specific topics to dicuss. Sometimes it's successful, like that Miles Davis thread while ago, but oftentimes, it's not

Miles Davis is well known and popular though, pretty easy to have a thread about him.

i think the problem is probably setting the bar too narrow, the reason that a lot of Sup Forums-core and meme albums get a lot of attention is that its almost guarenteed that everyone here has heard it or at least heard of it.

I remember a while back Sup Forums would collectively show an interest in certain smaller genres from time to time and explore albums together. that's how I discovered most math rock. I don't know why that ended

Time to make a pact, Sup Forums. From now on, every thread, that has at least 20 words in the OP (for proper discussion), deserves at least one post. Then, it may die.

Remember to check page 10 every day.

I do too.

You get called a tryhard, poseur, avant-teen hipster now for not listening to popular music.

sometimes i respond with things like "i havent heard it, what do you recommend?" or "where do you think i should start?" to bump peoples threads and give OP something to talk about

montie

holy fuck yeah man. I don't think I'm better than others for listening to more obscure releases, I just wanna explore different music

How to have a thread with 100+ replies on Sup Forums

1 - Waifu thread (esp Grimes, Lauren or Bjork)
2 - Sup Forumscore thread (esp Kanye, DG or AnCo)
3 - Easy troll / bait threads (esp SJW/pol ones)
4 - Fantano / Scaruffi thread

I think 6 years ago though we had no essential charts, so we were exploring them altogether, making the charts and now people can get those charts from the sticky and no need for those threads.

Thanks for the 4 replies, first time I've had that many.

oh yeah I guess I never really thought of that. music discussion is basically dead now though

This thread is now the /obscure/ general

ITT: We post music that wouldn't be discussed on it's own thread. Remember to post information about music and an audio sample (YouTube or DL link) so that we can hear the music, and discuss it.

Soundclouds, clyps, vocaroos, and bandcamps will be ignored to avoid your shitty cancerous original music.

just make a new thread

listening to this right now, been following this fun core chart.
youtube.com/watch?v=_gtimf8a4-E&list=PLdbUdU0dXg6inqYGYmEM-_wOJ-wNgV2Gl

Do you like Death Grips?

Sup Forums is basically reddit 2.0. Or you could say the entire internet is. Same shit everywhere.

repost here

true. the internet seems way more homogenized now

Yeah remember when the Internet was supposed to be our escape from corporate-controlled homogenized mass media?
The Internet is our corporate-controlled homogenized mass media now. They control what we hear, what we see, all in the pretense of freedom and multiplicity
They say we have options, but all the sites with any real number of users are owned by the same people

5 - Post any FotM memerapper

D E E P W E B
E
E
P

W
E
B

is there a safe way to access the deep web without getting a virus or some shit? cause I'd totally be interested

Not really, in the same way there's no telling what site on the surface might have a virus, or what imageboard you post on might reveal you to a hacker.

Yeah
Usually it's not worth it. The FBI has a backdoor they won't give away so you have to make sure you don't go anywhere near the CP

I made a stoner rock thread like a month ago and it got a shiton of replies, and I got a lot of great obscure recs. I really think its about the OP caring about maintainig and pushing the discussion foward

Stoner rock is extremely popular.

Try one for modern funk, Mid African traditional folk or dub techno, see how that goes.

Yeah too bad stoner rock sucks ass

To be fair good African folk recordings take a lot of effort to find and there isn't really that much literature on the subject

stoner rock is pretty popular, even some of my more normie friends are pretty into it

Chris Ott, why don't you like the later Pavement albums?

Just take a hiatus when the memery starts getting stale that's what I do

I know it's so fucking corny to say this. But if you really don't like it that much, just get off.