Not much of a rap fan but for some reason I've decided to listen to this, what am I in for?

Not much of a rap fan but for some reason I've decided to listen to this, what am I in for?

the closest thing we will ever get to post rap

Everyday talking is post-rap.

really makes you think....

>post rap
literally how

>FANCY BLOWN

It's very experimental, almost plunderphonic-like. Sampling stuff from obscure R&B/Jazz songs, to Street Fighter 2. It's all over the place, but it's very coherent. You'll find yourself listening to it multiple times and finding new things with each listen. It's a very unique album and it truly deserves the praise.

Some good fucking bars and tight as fuck production my man. Happy for you

>Fancy CLOWN

Ooops...kek

I wish I could listen to madvillainy for the first time again

Dark, gritty, strange, sometimes upbeat and sometimes melancholy production.

Cryptic, abstract, clever, humorous lyrics delivered by a soothing, raspy, peculiar voice with impeccable flow.

The whole album flows well and is very fun to listen to.

>Fantano

filler

This

i've been on Sup Forums for over a year and never listened to this but i'm pretty sure its newfagcore anyways

white rap

>for over a year
sounds like newfagcore is all you listen to

farty vocals

Fucking amazing production by Madlib. Every song has fantastic beats, the whole album is great in terms of music.

I can't understand what DOOM is saying in most of his bars, and when I do understand the words I don't know what the fuck the meaning is. But his voice sounds nice and flows well with the beat.

>Tripping off the beat kinda, dripping off the meat grinder
>Heat niner, pimping, stripping, soft sweet minor
>China was a neat signer, trouble with the script
>Digits double dipped, bubble lipped, subtle lisp midget
>Borderline schizo, sort of fine tits though
>Pour the wine, whore to grind, quarter to nine, let's go
>Ever since ten eleven, glad she made a brethren
>Then it's last down, seven alligator seven, at the gates of heaven
>Knocking, no answer, slow dancer, hopeless romancer, dopest flow stanzas

a lot of internal rhymes and dusty samples.

IIRC Meat Grinder is about him picking up a prostitute.

You're in for a treat OP. A collab between an all-time great producer and an all-time great rapper in their primes

Get more cheese than Doritos,Cheetos, and Fritos

Madvillainy is so good that it's intimidating -the work of two titans in their prime.
It's insane how much the two compliment each other on this record. Perfect synchronicity. A match made it heaven.

Shit blew my mind hearing Meat Grinder, Rainbows, Great Day for the first time.

>You'll find yourself listening to it multiple times and finding new things with each listen

I've just now noticed the backing vocal whispers in Shadows of Tomorrow. It's fucking chilling.