/daily/ - Haino Edition

It's the i dont really have any good date puns

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, see GFR's tourney unfold, conclude that Jangle's Thrift Tourney was a spook, listen to Swedish prog, shed a tear for Harambe and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup topsters when topsters inevitably shits the bed

topsters.net/
>working? kind of

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley, aka the inferior plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our alleged Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, order your Even Oxen cassettes!

Previously on /daily/

Other urls found in this thread:

adobe.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/external_university
youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s
rateyourmusic.com/~StuffRodHeardAfterAugust
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
vocaroo.com/i/s00UCI2P7e33
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cue the inevatible 'isnt every daily edition haino edition'

isnt every daily edition haino edition

Delete /daily/.
Ban /daily/ posters.

1st pigger, and it's a fucking cute one.

Ban /rym/.
Ban /rym/ posters.

Ban Rudi.
Ban Sharknado posters.

Ban /Rudi/.
Ban /Rudi/ posters.

True.

Not true.

>Olatunji! - Drums of Passion (1960)
Wow, this was really good! Dem beats tho!

Give rec please!

Tru

Lyrically striking a tricky balance between deadpan nihilism and pop troubadour nostalgia.

David Darling - Cycles
(Hey btw, I'm looking for compsci internships and my main problem is finding what's kinda possible in the field? Could you post or rym pm send to me in a generic way what you do? Would really appreciate.)

Same.

why, having an actual antagonist is definitely gonna spice up our /daily/ manga

sounds like Courtney Barnett

Is Eric Copeland

Thanks for the rec

I think a lot of companies are open to hiring interns for short term projects. I mentored an intern last summer where we built a neural net library to run on Apache Spark.
My current employer is one of the big tech companies and they have a well-developed internship program. I think you could probably find something based on your interests in just about any of the major tech hubs in the US. Are you looking for something in particular?

Uh my main field of interest because of my thesis is theoretical cryptography, problem being I do want to work/intern in an actual company, not a uni. But I'm open for a lot of stuff because I just haven't seen a lot of what's possible.
But you could say my main interest is security.
Thanks btw :)

>/daily/ went from Slice of life to shonen shit.
When do We become a Seinen you fools
>I like mallgoth

Those are not real words.

Just make them all Contrane Ole and LaRoca Basra pls.

>It's a /rym/ and /daily/ get in a fight over something silly episode

Over what tho?

>security
There should be a ton of security-related internships, especially if you're willing to go to SF or Boston, but even in other places. We've got a large team of security researchers and engineers and I'm sure they do internships.

good idea

themselves

Look for pages like this for companies where you want to try: adobe.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/external_university

its sort of a meme on /rym/ to make fun of /daily/ and its users because most people here don't have 2000+ RYM ratings and 3+ years on rym as well as having favorites that are bolded beyond the token famous album to look humble (i.e. AW with Smiths s/t), so they make fun of the people on the list and on the top 3 chart. it's harmless mindless shiposting like what /rym/ has been in recent memory.

then someone /daily/ finds out somehow and starts a shitposting kerfuffle that /rym/ wins 100% of the time (/rym/ users are simply better shitposters. get over it)

Will listen to this Baby for the
Internet drama

Dude Daily and Rym should totally fuck
They're both filled with people who like the sound of their own voice and have the same thin veneer of superiority to whatever they say

/rym/ is obsessed with people who don't even use Sup Forums. i use both, but i think /daily/ is slightly better because people here occasionally discuss music while /rym/ only really cares about tenure, ratings, and map dots.

>tfw all the guts are falling out
Music for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=RkZLl1CUT9s

This is perfect, thanks.

come on and slam

what happened

He got in trouble for smelling the way little girls walk.

In LAYYEEEEEEAAYYEEEEYYYYTE afternoon?

Yeah, down by the borderline, where white folks tread easy.

yo /rym/ just got nuked

it happens all the time. they get too off topic early on and the mods pull the plug.

DELETE /DAILY/!
BAN /DAILY/ POSTERS!

Tim Buckley - Honeyman (Live 1973)
I don't want to talk about it
5.0 /10

mildly spicy onions

The Beatles - Rubber Soul
pretty standard rock for the time, nothing really to comment on, it does it's job pretty serviceabley
the songwriting is pretty good

Lisa Germano - Geek the Girl
Very nice, pretty feelsy in parts, the song about the psychopath was pretty harrowing
dunno how to feel about the instrumental interludes, they were a bit odd

yeah, pretty decent overall, what should I do next

New Order

Monks - Black Monk Time
>garage rock

This has a shockingly large experimental edge to it, and not just because of the organ and the banjo, but it really does delve quite a bit into drone and concrete works. These are actually done quite poorly, they grate on me and I just can't get into them at all. The straight up, fucked up garage rock bits, on the other hand, are angry, passionate bliss. The banjo is used so amazingly, it just adds another layer of percussive texture to the album, it's amazing. The shouty, protesting vocals are great as well. When it gets more experimental, it's seems a bit irritating and odd (not in a very good way), but the more simplistic garage bits are some of the best in the genre. Crazy to think this is from '66.

3.0+

>two long posts describing and roasting every single trip here
>the worst thing I'm called is "cool but kinda bland"
I've been accepted my god

>Skeleton - Skeleton
Oh man this is really good and probably the best vaporwave release i have heard. The vocal samples are slowed down so much that they create a sort of drone that lasts through most of the album and it's a really neat effect. Everything is so hazy and muddy throughout, so that when a clean keyboard or vocal sample comes through it makes a big impact. I loved the spooky vibe this album gave off because it wasn't up in your face about it. Nothing outstays it's welcome and every song has an interesting idea while still maintaining a consistent theme. Worth a listen. green diamond/10

OK CHANGE OF PLANS I'M DOING A MINI EP ROUND FOR TIES
NEED EPS OF ANY GENRE FROM SUPERCLUSTER, YAMIR, LETOV, AND RUGGLES.

keep my taste in mind
rateyourmusic.com/~StuffRodHeardAfterAugust

Green Day- Dookie
I wrote a decent first impression that got deleted so i'll just sum it up- suprisingly good instrumentally, not so great lyrically/vocally

5.5/10

>rateyourmusic.com/~StuffRodHeardAfterAugust
thank god
i actually was worried i wouldn't find a time to record the anthem

how's
Aphex Twin- Come to Daddy

heard it, but i haven't heard many of afx's eps outside of that and windowlicker.

Man, remember when Dookie came out - I was 14 at the time and I was hooked when I saw the video for Basket Case on MTV. This was my jam for a few years after. I even played the "hidden" track at the end at my Junior High's talent show with a friend. Good Times

>heard it, but i haven't heard many of afx's eps outside of that and windowlicker.
ok, first one you haven't heard
The Residents- Duck Stab
Boredoms- Super Roots 7
Lil Ugly Mane- Uneven Compromise
Autechre- Garbage
DEVO- Be Stiff
Mission of Burma- Signals, Calls and Marches
AFX- Analouge Bubblebath

>Muddy World - Finery Of The Storm (2006)
This is really pleasant math rock - very laid back and warm sounding. A few tracks have vocals which are good too.

Roll number 6 - 14.2% chance of rolling a duplicate number
Rolled so far: 29, 65, 40, 62, 23

Please give rec

Tim Buckley - Goodbye and Hello (1967)
>singer/songwriter, folk rock, contemporary folk

Buckley's voice attached to this kinda middling folk rock is just a disappointment. The vocals are obviously incredible, but the instrumentation and songwriting fails to keep up. There are incredible songs here, like "Pleasant Street", "I Never Asked to Be Your Mountain", and the title track, but nothing else here resonates with me. Simultaneously overdone and underwhelming is the best way I could put this, even though it never isn't pleasant and at least kinda enjoyable, albeit forgettable.

2.5-

even people in /my/ primary school talent shows were doing Green Day songs, it's amazing how consistently popular they've been.

Andrew Hill - Compulsion!!!!!

PICTURE FOR POSTERITY

ALSO DON'T CRUCIFY ME JANGLE

>just a disappointment
u
fkn
did
wot

>songwriting fails to keep up
U
FKN
DID
WOT

thanks for the rec

So let me get this straight:

You guys listen to at least a new album a day and chart it on some sort of calendar? And the shitposting comes free?

I could try it.

that stretch from 63-70 is amazing, my god

I STILL LOVE TIM JUST NOT THIS ALBUM I'M SORRY

Yes, thanks for posting that list on RYM - I shamelessly copied them here :^)

Checkt

that's still my favorite list of mine on RYM, that was fun as hell to make.

hope you enjoy em!

repeating digits *wispy laugh and gurgling noises*

I find it amazing that you (and others) are this complacent in what you listen to.
I've always just listened to whatever I was curious about at any given time - it's why I never joined /daily/ for so long because I couldn't be tied down to having a specific album carved out per day.

super roots 7 it is.
yeah more or less.

Digits conform you're fucking satan, revoke your Buckley card you god damn demon!!!!!!
(also hallucinations is top tier Buckley, but the better version is on Peel Sessions)

Yeah I understand that too. With the chart I'm doing, I'm pretty sure I'll like almost everything on it, or I'm curious about the album, so I look forward to listening. But I also listen to a lot of other stuff too, including whatever I feel like (lately it's been Norteño music

i'm new to /daily/, but over the past few months i've become a /chart/ regular
these are all the new albums i listened to today and their ratings (that's the purpose of this general right?)

Unwound - Fake Train: 6/10
Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You: 8/10
Symbol - Online Architecture: 7.5/10
Alasdair Roberts and James Green - Plaint of Lapwing: 7/10
Techno Animal - The Brotherhood of the Bomb: 6/10
Oskar Schuster - Tristesse Télescopique: 7/10

my chart which is a mix of favorite recent listens and favorites of all time is pic related
my rym is fourthofjulie

is there a discord for this general? wouldn't mind joining it

it indeed is, what did you think of them specifically?
have you heard Sun City Girls?

what u think of fishmans

welcome
we don't have a discord, but there are usually people on plug.dj plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

Tipsy Jackson C Frank 'cover' inbound
First take because re-takes are for pussies

vocaroo.com/i/s00UCI2P7e33

very little. i've heard Rig Veda and didn't like it at all.

and for what i think about them, fake train felt like it was incredibly consistent, which isn't a bad thing in itself, but when every song feels like a rehash of the other, there's probably something up.

leaves felt inside you felt fresher. depressing, but fresher.

online architecture was a nice listen, very comfy. i was recommended it from listening to OPN, so my perception of what it would be was a little warped. but it had a very nice atmosphere to it.

plaint of lapwing was a rather pretty record, wasn't a great fan of the overly Scottish sounding vocals, but the instrumentation made up for that.

the brotherhood of the bomb was...interesting. most tracks where there are vocals had solid flow, i guess. the instrumentals were nothing special.

tristesse telescopique was a nice record as well. i loved the usage of the glockenspiel, though like i said with consistency in fake train, some records could use a little variety. i didn't mind it as much as i did with fake train.

never listened.

ah, okay. i'll visit that probably.

>logic songs
>labour of love
I already love your taste, so welcome to daily!

Haino's awful though. At least when punk rock only wants to make a song have three chords it's only a minute or so long. Haino thinks that playing three chords for ten minutes is a fantastic idea.

Japanese Noise Rock really is just boring meandering crap until the Boredoms got good and finally changed that pattern up.

tits or gtfo

Today I listened to Terry Riley's "In C" and it was well worth the year long wait that I put it on hold for.

I came across Riley's work by chance as Kronos Quartet was a favorite of mine and heard they were coming out with a new release last year with Riley in Sunrise of the Planetary Dream Collector (revamped compositions at least). It ended up being my AOTY and I told myself I'd get around to his work eventually. Really glad I did, because his vision for melody and grand orchestration remains in tact even in this ancient piece.

A funny memory I have of this album was that during the first time we met, Nyar was recommending I check it out. Thanks so much man.

How do you rank Carrie and Lowell to Sufjan's other albums? It ended up having the most scrobbles from him on my last.fm but that's honestly just due to the much shorter song lengths. I think it's comfy and emotionally assuring but albums like Michigan reach higher peaks in creativity.

YES
welcome my dude

thank you! do you have a chart, too? wouldn't mind seeing it.
gross.
to be honest, C&L has to be my favorite. it's that, then Adz, then Illinoise, then Rabbit. that's all of the Suf i've heard (omitting Stalker).

I like this better. On top of not being a fan of recording myself in general, I think me singing the Soviet anthem would be in pretty bad taste for several reasons.

As for the EP:

>Daemonia Nymphe - Tyrvasia
>Ancient Greek Music

Welcome. Have you listened to Unwound's other albums? Repetition and New Plastic Ideas are also fantastic.

Cool, welcome!
As long as you listen to music and discuss it, you'll fit in just fine :^)
Any shit-talking is mostly in jest (see ) so it's pretty chill and welcoming.

today was my first venture into unwound, to be honest. i think i'll check both those out tomorrow. i'm gonna be listening to Weighing Souls With Sand by The Angelic Process right now.

man i wanted to like in c but the version i listened to had some wind block type instrument that i couldn't stand

Oh dude, I can't wait until you hear Michigan. It takes the intimacy and songwriting of C&L and fuses it with the orchestration of Illinois. (Adz is just a completely different animal altogether so it's on par with it for that reason)

right here. if you like logic songs you should listen to Even Oxen's ('s own project!) Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights, they both remind me a lot of each other and I love them both.

those trips have convinced me to listen to that tomorrow

Really? Every now and then I'd catch an instrument that did seem a little out of place considering the piece seems so delicate and melodic (these certain instruments were more on the randomly abrasive side) but even then I enjoyed the odd blend of the two.

I'm actually a little curious to find out there's more than one version. Maybe I was listening to a different one

GET IN
THE
FUCKIN
PLUG
AHHHHHHHHHHH
SHIT
DO IT

LMAO i'm so fucking tipsy I put on Winter 1972 thinking it was Daikanjyo (because they were both in japanese) and waited for it to change.
I think I need another beer.

also pls respond

Ok, habanero onions coming up

Van Morrison - Moondance
really really dated, has the most unappealing bass tone I've heard yet
nothing really impressed me but I suppose it's pretty inoffensive, the songwriting is decent but not as good as Astral Weeks

New Order - Power Corruption Lies
pretty good, a bit ahead of the curve while also incredibly of the time period, in that the song structure is very modern but the actual instrumentation is a product of the times
sounds very similar to that one Joy Division album I like except, you know, happier, a bit like the cure too
Everything's pretty much on point here, nothing real to complain about

oh, cool! i have a musical project of my own called The Never Arriving. dark ambient/plunderphonics type stuff. i have a new EP coming out the 25th. you can listen to the EP i already have out right -> www.abjectrecords.bandcamp.com

ooh, I'm out of town now but I'll definitely check that out when I get home.

Make sure you've heard all the /daily/ memes

>I'm actually a little curious to find out there's more than one version. Maybe I was listening to a different one
i mean performance
but in c is an interdeterminacy piece so the performances can be really really different

Yo I just bumped Bad Timing up to a 4 after a re-listen last night.
Thought you might like to know ;)

>Marconi Notaro - No sub reino dos metazoários (1973)
Some good Brazilian psych

Last roll for the day
Roll number 7 - 19.3% chance of rolling a duplicate number
Rolled so far: 29, 65, 40, 62, 23, 96

Please give rec

Unknown Eskimo DJs - She Be She Strike

nice! maybe I'll do that to goodbye and hello after some more listens.

Thanks for the rec

>Discord
Please no