youtube.com/watch?v=ueIRoS2Bn-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THE
G A
T E
S

Are those actual lyrics?

>Are those actual lyrics?
yeah, won't know anything for sure until HHH posts the full lyrics (WHEN) but that's one of the more clearer parts of Ontological Love

there's also:
>I SHOW MY TITS TO THE LEPER
>CONTRABAND ON MY HARD DRIVE
>THE BEES ARE LOSING THEIR HONEY (x2)

HHH is a lyrical genius.

TRIPLE H IS BEST RAPPER IN THE GAME

You gotta keep in mind, in his mythos, Kel Valhaal is a girl, so it's normal for him to have tits when he's rapping as her.

is Hunter a weab

Why?
That's a European sword.

Well he's obviously autistic (as evidenced by ), so probably

is Hunter a viking

Bad Music: The Album

When is he gong to publish that paper written as a companion piece for The Ark Work?

It was meant to come bundled with the album but one of the band members talked him out of it.

I assume there is/will be one of this release as well?

This is some autistic fantasy shit from /r9k/.

Is Hunter a robot?

Almost.
Back when Liturgy still played in corpsepaints he would tie his hair into pigtails like a Gaul.

It's already started, dude, he's releasing it on a new blog. I think the website is called YLYLCYN.

I really like it, all the kitsch internet and JRPG elements are part of the reason that's kept me interested as a Liturgy fan.
I just wish he would pass his projects on to a producer who can take out certain elements in arrangement that the mix can't handle, that's why Aesthethica works so well and The Ark Work doesn't from a mix standpoint.

Just have like 3 or 4 elements going on at any given time and swap them out when necessary, you can't have the whole metal band and the rapping and electronics competing with each other

no, he has a tumblroid girlfriend

>competing with each other
very well put.
Some bands manage to combine symphonic and electronic stuff with metal (some of them even rapping) in a cohesive way but Hunter doesn't know how to do that.

god damn
would it kill him to let people know about this on his twitter or something

Is he also gay like Gaahl?
Also physical release of Kel Valhaal when??

he mentioned it in an interview
gotta keep it kvlt, otherwise it can't be a messianic intervention into meme politics.

never, it's a digital project.
You see HHH is big into that whole bullshit neo-futurist techno-euphoria. He still thinks the internet is a wondrous place despite constant evidence of the contrary.

Last two digits predict Marcel's score.

oh shit. I thought you were meming but it's true.

>gotta keep it kvlt
very true
the internet is the modern day Norway, he's a little late to the game on that but so what
hence the stretched out jpeg artefacts of the renihilation cover replacing the lo-fi splattered polaroid of Dawn of the Black Hearts

he also experimented with transcendental clownpaints

That's a shame.

qt

I also think that's what he was going for, there's plenty of little references to 2nd wave BM in his shit with a digital spin on them, but it almost always looks or sounds like shit.

I mean at this point, vaporwave is WAY more kvlt than HHH's projects.

I-Is it safe to admit to loving this album now??

On a side not, Fanisk is actually some of the weirdest black metal I have ever heard.

also, hey

they were a pretty perfect band

I wonder what they're up to now

Aboriginal black metal

Probably still pretending to be nazis.

new survival album when
youtube.com/watch?v=ueIRoS2Bn-U

Dude what is anatomically wrong with you?
I don't see what's especially weird about them, they simply took a more progressive symphonic approach to the Summoning formula, with a focus on triumphant chord progressions as well as (and this is where they BTFO Liturgy) romantic leitmotivs.

Survival is by far the best (least fucked) thing to come out of HHH's mind.

>(and this is where they BTFO Liturgy) romantic leitmotivs.
dunno man, Follow II and Pagan Dawn come pretty close

yeah but it often feels forced in HHH's music.
In Wagner's music as well, mind you, but since it serves a narrative purpose it's excusable.
HHH, however, has no such thing as a fucking libretto to constrain him into making stupid-sounding music.

oh yeah for sure, but part of what compels me toward Liturgy is it's triumphant failure (you could almost argue it plays into HHH's idea of attempting to traverse the haptic void and failing)
so there is that palpable romanticism for me in there, in the Liturgy albums anyway
I guess time and more snippets of information in tumblr posts will let me know how this new thing fits in

>you could almost argue it plays into HHH's idea of attempting to traverse the haptic void and failing
No you couldn't, because his idea is that succeeding in reaching the haptic void would be boring as fuck, that's why it's called the haptic VOID. The point of transcendental BM was "ok let's try to be extreme in a different way".
It's not the haptic void that's being transcended, it's black metal's relationship with the haptic void.

But of course, his understanding of metal being extremely limited, he failed to create a good alternative to black metal, and also failed to realize that what he was describing was basically power metal.

Triple H seems like a nice enough guy.

He seems like a complete wuss, and complete wusses are usually nice.

He does have a passive-aggressive streak, though, as evidenced in some parts of his manifesto aimed against hyperboreans.

...I don't get Liturgy.

I thought the void wasn't the main objective, the other side was the area of transcendence right? The prismatic city of aesthethica or whatever.
Guess I'll have to go back and read it at some point.
Any I meant 'could argue' is a smarmy manner anyway as it's ironically a justifiable claim already laid out in his thesis. It's about the attempt, the will to strive, so yeah, I get and enjoy that heartbreaking human/transformation 'to boldy go' drama he's shooting for. But I'd be the first to agree everything about this project since Aesthetica onwards has been a mess, it's just for to tag along for the ride.

my boyfriend looks almost exactly like him but with a beard, it's kinda surreal

because you're a fucking plebeian. just stick to sunbather and fuck off

prove it

the basic ideology is there
Now, if you want to get Liturgy from a more musical, aesthetic standpoint; imagine that you're on a rollercoaster and it's going really really fast at times and then it slows down and then it catches momentum and then it speeds up and you go "WEEEEE! WOOOOOHOOOO!" so hard that your voice cracks and you end up sounding a little like a black metal singer. But that's incidental. The point is that you're on a rollercoaster, having fun, or in the clouds doing acrobatics with your plane.

And then there's the digital rapping shit.

>And then there's the digital rapping shit.
2bh his rapping and flow is pretty decent
just yknow next time make sure it's the most important aspect of the mix so every can hear it

ontological love is him trying to be young thug right?

Well, what he calls his "will to strive" strikes me as fundamentally unhealthy and maybe a little mean-spirited at times because it's little more than a parody of black metal (like what you see on some youtube music channels such as "what if deathcore was happy?"). I've been re-reading the genealogy of morals and his transcendence sounds a lot like Nietzsche's narrative of Jews inventing morals out of spite.

the rapping bits on ontological love reminded me of yung lean except interesting

Can I keep listening to Panopticon and Zhrine?

literally everything he released so far, except , seems like a transitional or experimental (for them/him) record, it just makes me wonder whether he will eventually get his shit together and make one definitive masterpiece that i know is in him, or whether the transitory nature isn't a huge part of the draw

No he tries to imitate the flow of three six mafia
but he doesn't have the voice of a rapper, he has the voice of a wanker.

Let him pitch his vocals down or someshit, for fuck's sake. He's already doing that cringeworthy RnB crooner autotune shit, let him use it in a good way.

I'm sure he'll keep fucking around forever.

there's definitely an air of a god complex about him and his work, but I remember reading an interview where he did claim he knew it was all just silly performance art he did for fun, he knew no one was taking it seriously, wish I could find it...
Aesthetica is probably the best concise piece of work he'll ever bring out, but it doesn't even represent Liturgy's sound anymore, they're like a completely different band
the next album, whenever that may be (pls don't be another 4 years), will be The Ark Work again, according to HHH, he's happy with the style and sound he's arrived at and now it's about fine-tuning and refinement, let's hope that's the case

think about how much better Kel Valhaal (the track) would have been without the guitar and bass parts that only serve to muddy the mix
that's why the first 5 minutes of Follow II work so well, it has to be one thing or the other
Reign Array didn't need those glitches distracting from the main guitar work of the track

thing is they can still be a metal band, just decide when it's appropriate to have electronics and when it's not - and when it is, take the guitars or bass out, even if just for a couple of seconds.

We can only hope

Can you imagine Generation but instead of guitars bass and drums, they were midi horns, 808s and string vsts?

Truly transcendental.

No

please stop encouraging him

In my opinion there's two BIG issues with the sound of The Ark Work:
HHH's voice
and the high-pitched, brittle sound.

It lacks some mids and bass. It lacks a ground, it lack solemnity. Let him find maybe a better guitar tone, maybe add a few low-pitched synth layers, or just another vocalist, with a deeper more monacal voice, anything that can give his music the majesty it claims to have.
Cause so far it sounds so dainty and brittle it's ridiculous.

isn't that basically Fanfare? lmao
I'd still be down for more of that
wonder what stock SNES JRPG elements he'll appropriate next

does he even play games?
he must be a massive evafag

truly awful, more like

they did that for a Halloween event, for real

agreed, most of the tracks could do with a string pad to thicken the mix without distracting

I'd completely forgotten about the bagpipes in Kel Valhaal as well, that's how ridiculous it gets, and they almost serve to thicken the mix, but then they're used to distract again by having their own repeating motif that takes away from the horns and guitars

not to mention those bells that come wavering in every now and then, probably at the fucking 20hz range

The Ark Work's sound is so large and potentially forever growing, so I'm eager to hear how close he comes to missing the mark with the next LP
I would've thought this side project would've given him better experience at mixing, but Ontological Love especially has 2 or 3 too many elements at one time and he still buries his voice below everything else

HHH is currently making a JRGP with RPG Maker based around his transcendental black metal philosophy.

Rumor has it that it will be even better than Varg's /tg/-core game.

lol, I wanna play a Dynasty Warriors or Dark Souls game with HHH as lead consultant and composer

Maximum over-hey

First thing he'll do is remove all the violence and ragged textures.

You will play as a featureless stock render evolving in a crystalline world and making friends with geometrical shapes.

Good, I'm sick of generic shitty Hyperborean RPGs like Pokemon GO

Listening for the first time after seeing this post. How did this get a 3.5 on Pitchfork? Are they retarded? Serious question, cause this is objectively at least good

I actually like this shit

am I weird

No you just connect with Hunter of a spiritual level.

No, it's objectively at least interesting from a compositional standpoint.
But it's all for nothing if it sounds like ridiculous shit.
A lot like Trout Mask Replica: very purposeful and intricate playing in the service of a turd.

Not really, everyone enjoys silly shit, just make sure you don't end up being proud of it like every indie fuckhead.

It's a 3.5 from a technical standpoint, but aside from that it's a fun little package, the attempt at sound design is getting better for sure

The main thing that irks me is that it's 2 tracks and 5 filler pieces.
Considering he's been using this electronic side-moniker for 5 years and making albums for longer, he could've put more thought into fleshing out certain tracks or just not including them.
It's a glorified EP, and unlike The Ark Work, whenever I return to this, I have very little reason to play another other than Tense Stage and Ontological Love
Say what you want about TAW, it had weight to it's deep cuts, almost every track was as important as the last, even the intro, even the harpsichord solo into Reign Array, it all added to the bigger picture.

Only because it was extremely inconsistent

I'm entirely sure that Vitriol and Total War were afterthoughts by the way.

Which is silly because Total War is the only tracks that gets even remotely close to the degree of majesty that HHH strives for.

Macklemore or Hunter Hunt Hendrix?

>Only because it was extremely inconsistent
I can't agree with that 2bh, but that's just me
I think the only weak track is Total War, only because it has to follow up Reign Array as a closer, it's a good track on it's own merit though

That said, there's no song I would cut from The Ark Work, just remix the whole fucking thing

I want The Ark Work to sound more like Liturgy and less like Kel Valhaal.

This is the most quality HHH thread I've seen in a while.

Reign Array is the one that REALLY gets close desu

REEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIINGGGG

ARRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

if anything Father Vorizen was the afterthought and i'm pretty sure he mentioned in another interview i can't be fucked to find that it only barely made the cut. it sounds more like a track that was cut from the Survival album than anything, only that one had more tolerable vocals, mostly thanks to overdubbing

>tfw 84 post but 17 unique posters

That's interesting, it fits into the album very well and it's probably the best balanced track. But I guess it isn't as hodge-podge as the rest.

I'm not sure what I want at this point
While pre-Ark Work Liturgy had a better handle on quality, post-Ark Work Liturgy is infinitely more interesting now
it's like a rabbit hole that gets more ridiculous as you go down

I'm one of those :o

I just want a blackened Math Rock album a la Generation with HHH's high pitched BM vocals.

isn't it the only track without electronics on TAW?
I think it makes a good midpoint intermission track and that riff is pretty addictive
also that reprise too... hnnnggghhh everytime

Blackgaze. Hunter/Alcest split album when

>HHH's high pitched BM vocals.
never again, sadly
he sings every track from Aesthethica or Renihilation (if you're lucky) in that monotone monk choir voice live now

Really? What the heck why

he had shit technique and fucked up his voice

Is this a meme or is it actually true?

it's likely true
if he didn't like screaming any more, he just wouldn't play pre-Ark Work tracks at all
there's no screaming on Survival either and that was what, 2011?
we'll always have the first two albums I guess
and that EP

Immortal Life is a classic :^)

>2 or 3 too many elements
what is all this meme shit of people disliking multiple elements being interesting? do any of you guys listen to jazz or IDM?