Alright Sup Forums, im wanting to get these headphones

are there any other headphones you can recommend that would be better than the audio-technica m50x's. am i just getting memed if i buy these? i dont want to pay more than $150

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0126HISOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1469061062&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser hd598
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i bought them and they are worth it

I like them.

They're well rated everywhere so I guess they can't be bad, but haven't tested them.
Check out the Sennheiser hd598, especially this version which is a little bit cheaper and comes with two cables : amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B0126HISOO/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1469061062&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser hd598
I've had them and used them non stop for a month now, they are great, really comfortable and overall have a great sound, maybe a bit low on bass so not for everyone's taste

thanks user, checking them out now

wearing a pair atm, problably my best music purchase to date.

i've used them every day for a year and have 0 complaints about them.

can anybody say anything about AKG headphones? are they good?

Save money and get some good shit instead of meme50s

Not OP but what would you recommend?

HD558

Keep in mind that the hd598 are open back though, that means that their is no sound isolation and some sounds leak, so they are way better for indoors listening

the sound quality is good but they can choke you if you wear them around your neck and the treble is absurdly high if you're used to trendy bass heavy phones

Get the Brainwavz HM5's

these are really good cans, i'd get the xpt100 instead though. it's the exact same headphone but cheaper and clamps much less. they're ugly af tho so outside wear is a no go.

the k240s are comfortable and sound great only downside is they dont get very loud

HD 558s are the other good option in this price range

I bought them, but I'm having issues with some songs where I get a slight "popping" or other audio issues. I can only assume it's a problem unrelated to the headphones.

I have them and while they're far from being perfectly comfortable, they sound really great to me (mostly when considering their price).

I think I'm gonna buy a pair of HD558s and alternate between them though, the 558s seem so comfy and I feel like they'd be good for ambient which I've been getting into lately.

It might be worth saving up a bit more for DT770s. I used M50s for 2-3 years and got a pair of 770s a week ago. The 770s are much nicer imo, bass seems much deeper but less overpowering than the m50s.

Btw you can easily find a 10-20% of coupon for a music site and buy them there. (this applies to both)

are you on linux?

No, Windows.

Well I haven't tried many others but that's because i've been using these for 2 years with no problems. If you're actually producing do note that they're slightly bass heavy but if you're just listening I doubt you'll get anything much better for the price point

Alright let me tell you: I've owned two pairs of these, in the past 10 years. They WERE my go to headphones, but I've since switched to some DT 770s.

My only problem with them were the fucking EAR MUFFS. If you fucking sweat alot, those things will get hard and cracked. And they will suck. Buy some new ones first chance you get.

I have this model and I really like it. My only gripe is that it doesn't feel super comfortable the way it rests on my head, but that's pretty minor.

u need an amp then.
Yea dont get the meme50s go for the HD558/598

Yeah they aint very comfy, sounds great though.

All evidence is pointing to the m50x's they shipped me being partially broken and not playing sound at full capacity with audio issues so now I have to ship it back and get it replaced.

Never buying an Audio-Technica product again.

They're pretty good OP I've had my regular M50's for about 3 years of heavy usage with no issues. They're a bit bassy but personally I like that. They also don't need an amp so they work with everything. I'd recommend just purchasing refurbished ones I got mine for like 80$

I have the MX40x because I read they were a little more neutral than the 50x and I don't like heavy bass. I'm very happy with them.

Not OP, but I have a similar question. I'm able to get any pair of Master and Dynamic headphones for 25% off from their official store from a coupon I got. Are any of the models worth their high price?

i own a pair. they are very good. Especially well mixed tracks make a huge difference than tracks with moderate mixing, and these headphones expose the good from the mediocre.

I'm using some right now, they're pretty sweet

Audio technica M50x's are very good for the price. You can't go wrong with them and will sound good with most genres. I'd also recommend any Sennheisers you can get in that price range

I used them for a while until I switched to the VMODA m100 Crossfades, which I like