Hi Sup Forums. I have an Audio Technica LP120 turntable...

Hi Sup Forums. I have an Audio Technica LP120 turntable. I fucked up while setting it up and bent the needle pretty significantly. However, whenever I play records, it still sounds fine. Should I bother wirth replacing the cartridge, or keep the one with the askew needle?

you don't need a new cartridge, just a new needle

Are you retarded?
I have the same record player. If it sounds right, keep it. Dumb fuck.

I bet u have no friends

You are correct :(
At least I have my own apartment

idk where to ask this so im gonna here.

how the fuck do i use headphones with my turntable.

turn 360 degrees and walk away

plug them in to your amp

i'd walk into my turntable :(

Uh just plug it into your amp. Depending on your amp you may need one of these headphone converter thingys though

What's an amp?

We're all friends here, pal!

>BUT WOULDN'T THAT-

jesus christ

Do you really need an amp though? There is a built in pre-amp so can't you just get speakers and call it a day?

turntable->phono preamp->amp/receiver->speakers

headphones are speakers, so if you're gonna hook them up, you hook them up where you'd hook up speakers

either:
1) bend the needle back
2) replace the needle
3) replace the cartridge

an incorrectly-angled needle can damage your records

preamp converts the signal of your cartridge from a phono signal to a LINE signal

you still need an amplifier to strengthen the line signal in order to power the speakers

also this is analog technology not digital so you're going to have to become kinda' self-sufficient when you inevitably encounter problems

what I mean is that like if one day the volume of your records starts cutting in-and-out, you're probably not going to be able to outsource the solution to other people because it could be due to A LOT of shit

so if you're going to be a serious records dude, you're going to have to get kinda' independently competent with the technology which is old and shitty and breaks all the time

Can't the speaker's be plugged directly into the turntable and still work though?

Let me elaborate: If you turn your pre-amp to LINE and then connect the red and white male cords to an adapter for a female aux input, then you can just plug the speakers aux straight into that. This will effectively plug your speakers into the turntable.

I've never tried or heard of that. My guess is that it would be extremely faint with no way to make it louder.

just like, get on craigslist, search "audio receiver" buy a nice thing with an EQ for like $30

people are giving those shits away cuz they're part of a home theater setup, and everything's wireless now with home theaters