Is it possible to learn how to play an instrument if your musical intelligence is absolute dogshit?

Is it possible to learn how to play an instrument if your musical intelligence is absolute dogshit?

Thanks to the internet, you can learn almost anything.

Only a retard or a lazy fuck wound't be able to learn

yes but you're not gonna do it

cuz learning an instrument means sitting down and sucking at something for a long time before you gradually and through targeted effort begin to suck less and less little by little

and you seem kinda' too self-conscious to be okay with sucking for that long

>too self-conscious
Is that a sickness that could be cured?

yes, just ask David Bowie

Just fucking do it, if you learn on a shit instrument you will kick ass on a decent one.

>just bee yourself
See this is exactly what I didn't want to hear

pretend you're an asian dude who gets off on doing something difficult incorrectly over and over and over again until finally you do it correctly once

Everyone's musical intelligence is dogshit and nobody is a master when they first start out, you just got to learn and practice.

>cuz learning an instrument means sitting down and sucking at something for a long time before you gradually and through targeted effort begin to suck less and less little by little
This, no matter what you do, you'll have to sit your ass down and play regardless and actively try and make an effort to get better. It's hard but worth it. Keep in mind though that commitment can also lead to feeling inadequate, even when everyone else but yourself are praising you, which you can either turn into motivation to better yourself or stop entirely and play the same shit 24/7. If you want to get somewhere you're going to have do the former rather than the latter.

Well sorry but most truths are the obvious ones. If you can't take the advice then fine, but sometimes the answer really is what you're expecting it to be, and not some easy way out. Music is a form of self expression, you're obviously going to have to put yourself and interests at the forefront during it, unless you want to only play covers of other band's songs for the rest of your life. Even then that requires self-motivation and some creativity to adapt to your playing style so if you don't want to do that, then sorry kiddo.

Everyone's musical intelligence is dogshit *at first
Sorry typo.

honestly any instrument is easy as fuck if you have dedication to just learning it, like looking at sheet music you just remember "how to play that note" without knowing what it is thats how more than half of guitar solos are written.

>musical intelligence
what the fuck is that?

just go get the instrument
then learne it

t. armchair psych

No one is born understanding how to play a musical instrument, dummy. Some people might gravitate towards it a little more naturally but they still have to learn how music works like everyone else. All the people who are good, are good because they spent years practicing and honing their skill.

If you actually give a shit and want to get started on the right path, take lessons. Preferably with someone who's classically trained if you can. Learning from some washed up hack at the local music shop who's only experience is playing in hard rock cover bands for like 20 years is probably not going to do much for your "musical intelligence".

sauce?

This

We over-complicate the process of becoming good at something. The best way to master something is to practice a lot. I guess there can be few tips here and there by the people who play an instrument better than you, but most of it is up to you.

This.
Music theory is actually very easy for most people to understand, it's just most people don't try to learn it.
Get a good teacher and practice regularly and you will progress really fast.

Dedication, time, and I know you know it.... Practice.

My old man got me a guitar at 15. Didn't show super interest in music. Played stage band drums and had a drum set. Picked up this guitar and couldn't put it down. You have to just sit down and read or watch or whatever to soak up as much as possible. Then one second you'll be playing your instrument and be like "fuck that sounds good" (regardless of whether or not it is good, you heard yourself improve.) once that happens you'll never want to turn back.

just look at the pop artists and realize music isnt about talent

>stop entirely and play the same shit 24/7

how do i escape this mental maze?

learn something in a style you've never played in.
there's a lot of styles for every instrument, just do whatever

this

Last time I saw this image there was none, google came up nothing