Hey Sup Forums, as a person whos never really listened to Radiohead, what's your honest opinion on them

Hey Sup Forums, as a person whos never really listened to Radiohead, what's your honest opinion on them
More importantly how would you rank there albums from best to worst
I know the album in pic related gets alot of praise, but what about the others? What are the essential albums?

They're good, but not "original," just combined different genres and moreso obscure musical styles into a more poppy, alt-rock sort of feel. A great gateway band into better music.

Kid A > Amnesiac > OKC > In Rainbows > The Bends > AMSP > HTTT > TKOL > Pablo Honey

The Bends through to Amnesiac, plus In Rainbows.

Yeah I like radiohead, they're consistently good yet varied in their sound, it's hard to get bored of them. Also they have some of the best b sides around. I do think ok computer is overrated though, half of it is amazing, but the other half I'm ambivalent about.

Hail to the thief > kid a > a moon shaped pool > amnesiac > the king of limbs > in rainbows > ok computer > the bends >>> Pablo honey.

I haven't listened to all of their records in depth, but here's what I have listened to.

Amnesiac > Kid A > OK Computer > A Moon Shaped Pool > Hail to the Thief > Pablo Honey

My honest to god opinion is that they're a great band but peaked with OK Computer and will probably never make anything as good again. I'm glad they never tried to remake it and went on to do different things instead, but fantastic as some of their other albums are, the peak was OKC. There was no one else quite like them in that "transitional" period between The Bends and Kid A. In Rainbows is the closest they've gotten to that quality since.

In Rainbows is probably the next best entry point.

Here's my opinion. OK Computer is terribly overrated, after Karma Police there's a drastic change in quality.

Kid A > In Rainbows = A Moon Shaped Pool > Amnesiac > OK Computer > The King Of Limbs > Hail To The Thief > The Bends >>>>>> Pablo Honey

Favorite band. OKC, Kid A, and In Rainbows are the essentials

OKC > In Rainbows > Kid A > Amnesiac > AMSP > I haven't heard the rest

Haven't really listened to anything past Amnesiac, 'cause it got too weird and abstract after that for my liking, but I'd rank their earlier albums as follows:
OK Computer, The Bends, Hail to the Thief, Pablo Honey, Kid A, Amnesiac.
Also, check out some of these B-Sides, many are better than their album tracks: The Trickster, Bishops Robes, The Fog, True Love Waits, Polyethylene Pt. 1 & 2, Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong, Lull, and Stupid Car.

Is this real? Oh boy, have you heard the new True Love Waits??

Here are the most agreed upon opinions

>they're dang good, but not the best

>OK Computer = Kid A > Amnesiac = The Bends > In Rainbows = Hail to the Thief = A Moon Shaped Pool > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey

Kid A>Hail To The Thief>Amnesiac>OK Computer>In Rainbows>The Bends>A Moon Shaped Pool>The King Of Limbs>Pablo Honey

TKOL > IR > Amnesiac > HTTT = Kid A > OKC > AMSP > The Bends > PH

These are not the most agreed opinions. The Bends being better than In Rainbows? Really?

No, did they do an album version?

Last track in AMSP

But Amnesiac was the peak of their weird abstract stuff. They went back to a more normal straight forward sound after that.

Except for TKOL anyway, which is probably more abstract than Amnesisc.

Yup, last track on AMSP, and it has become a minimalist piano ballad. Does that story sound familiar?

Kid A (10) and Ok Computer (10) are one of the best albums of all time, and the essentials are The Bends (10), Amnesiac (9,5) and In Rainbows (9,5). Hail to the Thief is an 8.9, A Moon Shaped Pool is a 9 and The King of Lims is an 8.3. Their worst is Pablo Honey (6).

everybody on here says amnesiac is the best, it's not. if this is your first time listening definitely start with ok computer, and then move on to the bends if you want "rock-ier" stuff and in rainbows if you want to start to get into their less-accessible stuff.

>amnesiac is the best album
is just a bad meme

It doesn't matter if a band has peaked though, and it seems you're content with that.

>Kid A and Amnesiac
>too weird and abstract
Holy shit guy, they're literally "weird and abstract" albums for people who don't like "weird and abstract", you might as well just listen to radio pop all day.

What does that even mean? Just because I think they've already done their best work doesn't mean I stop listening to them/don't love many of their other albums either. It's ok to acknowledge that a band's best work is behind them.

1. OK Computer
2. Kid A
3. The Bends
4. In Rainbows
5. Amnesiac
6. A Moon Shaped Pool
7. Pablo Honey
8. Hail to the Thief
9. The King of Limbs

fuck you all