the stooges - fun house
dead kennedys - everything they've done
wire - pink flag
faith/void - split lp
black flag - my war
angry samoans - back from samoa
discharge - hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing
no trend - too many humans

there's your idiot's guide to good entry level punk. get going.

Post 00s Punk that isn't shit:
Jay Reatard
FIDLAR
Pissed Jeans
The Spits
Metz
iceage

Fuck I didn't read this
Just start playing anyone of their albums and it'll be ok

Listen to Crust instead.

ought, cloud nothings, title fight

Well the next Dead Kennedys next album Plastic Surgery Disasters is the best punk album of all time by the best punk band of all time with the best punk song of all time (Riot) so I recommend that

little fuckup at the beginning but what can ya do

Songs About Fucking - Big Black
Triple Nickels on the Dime - Minutemen
Over the Edge - Wipers
Living in Darkness - Agent Orange
Choose your God EP - Poison Idea
s/t - Bad Brains
Group Sex - Circle Jerks
Germs - GI

some personal favorites

how do i start hanging out with punks mu
need band buddies

go to shows, talk to people in the scene
just b urself ;^)))

shouldve specified im moving for uni so id be going to shows by myself or close enough. meh

>just b urself ;^)))
ik, ik

listen to ADOLESCENTS self titled !!!!

GISM - Detestation

Heavy hitter coming through

Would you go alone?

what's your local scene?

im moving to texas which supposedly has a great music scene with punk bands in it

Oh shit man I'm jealous. Living in SoCal and while I'm fortunate that great bands travel through here all the time, the local scene is pretty much entirely Burger now.

Definitely check out Beerland when you're out there, and some Texas bands I'm into are Bad Sports, OBN IIIs, and Radioactivity. Rubberneck and Casting Couch are also great zines that cover the Texas scene.

Oh also forgot to mention Video. Released a fantastic album on Third Man fairly recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=MGFTQe9p2W0

shit, you know more about this place than i do
thanks

I know both members from Gooch Palms and I am so sorry that we've emigrated such a shitty band to your country to participate in such a boring collective of acts.

Love,

Australia

No worries, happy to finally find a use for my slight knowledge of the Texas punk scene

lol at this fucking thread

Sup Forums is truly populated exclusively by 16 year olds

I'm talking about Burger Records of course

oh shit these guys are actually great

I forgive you Australia. The local talent is far worse, believe me.

Love,

Orange County, California

Texas and Tennessee have been spitting out fantastic artists for years now. I'm incredibly jealous of all the great bands you're gonna see that don't bother to come to the west coast.

it's really cool hearing this shit and knowing that there's a scene. makes me very excited to get involved and write some music of my own

just curious, how do you know this stuff? lived in texas before? or just off hand knowledge

Also, two last groups I would check out are Ex-Cult (Memphis) and GOGGS (LA/Memphis). Ex-Cult goes through Texas all the time and are a group you have to see, and GOGGS is a side project of Chris Shaw (of Ex-Cult) and Ty Segall.

youtube.com/watch?v=VVWpwyVFUno
youtube.com/watch?v=W310xzw9hpA

And no, not from Texas and have yet to visit. Just didn't/don't enjoy how flaccid the scene is around me so I got into labels like In The Red, Dirtnap, Tic-Tac Totally, etc. and particularly the Texas and Tennessee garage/punk rock scenes.

i love ty segall so i'll definitely check that project out
i'll be in houston, not austin unfortunately like you mentioned, but it's cool
have a good one

Well which did you like and which didn't you like?

I like the cut of your jib, Chicago hear and I love southern bands. Do you know of any others Ike Bass Drum of Death or JEFF The Brotherhood? Omit Diarrhea Planet I saw them here with JTB and I couldn't get into it.
Chicago has a garage rock scene but it's dying, many bands here don't want to leave and indie rock Tame Impala copies are rampant. the best we've had was probably Smith Westerns but they broke up and gone to different bands, I believe the drummer is in DIIV and the lead singer Cullen is trying to go solo but it doesn't seem like he's doing too well since he recently moved back with his parents. I believe the lead guitarist joined a local Dirty Doo Woo band called The Boxers. Another band like that is Modern Vices and I enjoy them.
youtu.be/4dut01QcGrM
Then there's The Symposium who are Strokes copies and are still enjoyable even though it's not groundbreaking
youtu.be/KBpgNtM544w
And some heavier stuff I bring Gross Pointe, they bring out some raw fast rock n roll like it should
grosspointe.bandcamp.com
Check out Bad Seed they played that when they opened for The Black Lips last year and it was wild.

The Unraveling
Revolutions Per Minute
Suffer
Against the Grain
No Control
How Could Hell Be Any Worse?
The Empire Strikes First
Bad Brains
London Calling
PUP
The Dream is Over
Cold Ground EP