Best MP3 player?

My iPod classic died on me recently and I'm thinking of getting something new, doesn't have to be another iPod though. What do you guys use?

>inb4 "I stream music on my phone"

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x4l899t_mu-thread-simulator-2016_fun
rockbox.org/
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1032833-REG/fiio_x_5_portable_high_resolution_music.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy another iPod. You know you want to.

I use an iPod classic. I found a dude on eBay who took my HDD out and installed solid state 256 gigs. It works perfectly. Shit is cash.

>2016
>MP3 player

kek

i use an ipod classic and i can't even imagine my life without it.

i'd like to see what else is out there

>not loving music enough to dedicate a device solely for that purpose
get a load of this guy

I use an iPod classic 120gb

If it dies, I thought about just killing myself since they're discontinued

Sony Walkman NWZ-A17
-reads almost all formats
-64GB + an extra 128GB with micro SD card
-long battery life
-costs only a couple hundred bucks

did read up on this thing. how well would it stack up against the ipod (assuming you have one)?

You don't need another ipod
Find a cheap smartphone and a 120gb or 200gb microsd card. It's probably cheaper than an ipod classic anyways.

I don't have an ipod, always hated itunes. This is drag and drop and so much simpler and better to me. No touch screen. Sounds great, I have no complaints.

I've got a sansa clip with a 64gb sd card. I think it's great but recently FLAC files have been being fucky (which honestly doesn't matter to me cause I usually just use V0 for portable listening) and sometimes it will randomly restart which can be annoying. Other than that it's fantastic for the size and price

whats a good smartphone then? already have an iphone

this just sounds more appealing overall however

Ruizu X02 with Agptek Firmware.
Plays FLAC and other loseless formats, 80h battery life, expandable Micro SD storage, and under 15$

Not OP but I'm intrigued by this

Works pretty good, menu system is completely unintuitive but usable and it only supports up to 128GB mSD. I enjoy using mine as a little cheap car music player or when I'm active.

You can buy them from amazon or sites like aliexpress or gearbest. /csg/ has some notes on it in their wiki and can probably recommend some chink meme headphones for it too.

>3rd user here, It says up to 64 on the specs, am I looking at the wrong one or is it actually just up to 64?

Oops accidentally greentexted

anybody have a Zune HD? i love its design, but its max capacity is 64gb, with no way of expanding it

this is the only right answer

i don't understand whats wrong with 160gb iPod classic its arguably the best

The Sansa clip is cheap and breaks easy so not really the best answer. The Sony is robust and holds up for years.

nothings wrong with it, mine just crapped out on me and i want to see if theres anything better

its just looks like the poor mans ipod

>>not loving music enough to dedicate a device solely for that purpose
I do, it's called a record player. As for portable music, a smartphone is functionally the same as any mp3 player as far as playing music is concerned, and you can even get a decent DAC for them if your phone is really that cheap/shit. Plus they have 256gb microSDs now.

classics can be upgraded and fixed super easy new hard drives etc
hope mine never dies

>ts max capacity is 64gb, with no way of expanding it
why did every company decide to do this when it came to touch devices

What did you mean by "with Agptek Firmware"
Does it come with it pre-installed, or do you need to install it with a separate installer?

I bought a replacement for my old classic a year ago, I don't regret it. really didn't wanna bother changing devices and for it for about $180

Specs say 64gb but multiple anons have reported working with 128gb cards.

The Ruizi x02 and agptek a02 are the same mp3 player, but the agptek a02 firmware is a little better, both are completely usable though. For most I would assume it's an unnecessary step.

i always buy a cheap smartphone with big storage and a SD card slot

yes but does it scrobble?

M8 do you even scrobble?

Once my sansa dies I'll probably snag one of those

I'll agree that they're cheap but I've used my daily for the last two years without issue (besides that restarting thing that happens every so often). For the price it's a solid option

dailymotion.com/video/x4l899t_mu-thread-simulator-2016_fun

How far has Sup Forums fallen that people talking about MP3 players unironically swear by the ipod classic.

It was long agreed that pic related was the only choice, coupled with a large mirco sd and rockbox.org/

>rockbox.org/
what is this

>people on a music board do not know what rockbox is

its like none of you even listen to music

fiio x1

Are you joking

firmware

i bang pots together sometimes

I honestly hate rockbox on my sansa

>Battery life is absolute dick
>Rockbox can be really wonky and cause a lot of crashes
>Controls are silly at times (if you exit out of your Currently Playing song, there's no way to get back to the Currently Playing screen without restarting the song all together)
I have had mine for about 3 years now, and sure it's great for the price but goddamn am I ready to upgrade.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get the Fiio X1? It seems perfect for the $100

Any good mp3 player with more than 160gb?

i just go full pleb and use my phone with a 128 gb sd card. idk if it's because of convenience or poverty. Phone players usually have way better UI, too

Just hit the Home button to toggle in and out of the now playing screen. Rockbox is based, it has multiband eq and great crossfeed, in addition to supporting pretty much any format

Thoughts on this?

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1032833-REG/fiio_x_5_portable_high_resolution_music.html

They're shit but everything else is shittier. I'm on my fourth. On the previous three the headphone jacks eventually broke.

Unfortunately there's nothing as good as rockbox. If your smartphone has a good DAC just use that. otherwise you can buy a used clip+ at some outrageous price because sandisk is all literally worse than hitler and decided to discontinue them because they hate the human race. FUCK them. After I fell off my bike and killed my third clip+ I used an ipod nano (5th gen) and the interface was so bad I almost killed myself after six months of

>can't adjust volume in menus
>can't adjust scroll speed
>can't navigate menus easily in pocket
>have to keep it locked all the time because of accidental touch input
>itunes is a useless POS in windows

The ipod was designed to be a gimmicky shit so you have to take it out of your pocket and spend a lot of time advertising it to others every time you want to change the volume. too bad clip+ is like $70 now. I think I will leave the shower on when I take a shit from now on because the human race already decided it doesn't care about itself.

>if you exit out of your Currently Playing song, there's no way to get back to the Currently Playing screen without restarting the song all together

you press the home button twice, I can't believe you had this for 3 years and didn't know