Do people honestly like this shit? This is some "new americana" core shit at this point

Do people honestly like this shit? This is some "new americana" core shit at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/velvet_dreaming/status/756023261339668481
youtube.com/watch?v=z6_ikWlJu_0
youtube.com/watch?v=DWGXZI6LC5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=tSTK8W-Cs-s
youtube.com/watch?v=nHLPU66yLFY
clyp.it/qnsfpeeg
soundcloud.com/djmurlo/drippin-adrenaline-murlo-remix
youtube.com/watch?v=MVc3Z-bG6Eo&list=PLMdDW3seGrd_5tihi8IkewJtt2BY8Ywdi
youtube.com/watch?v=KVqy7YymieQ
pigeonsandplanes.com/2014/05/pc-music-and-the-future-of-pop/
youtube.com/watch?v=whLgv7RED0s
youtube.com/watch?v=XLfV60qzCdY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tNGmqTqtI
youtube.com/watch?v=ObT5Cef5viY
youtube.com/watch?v=QSBVH5Jwm4A
youtube.com/watch?v=BY9ejw1728w
youtube.com/watch?v=VVqaN6P-xWA
youtube.com/watch?v=FQWIsAGQAnU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes its dope. new Charli song sounds so good.

twitter.com/velvet_dreaming/status/756023261339668481

yeah, they bore the fuck out of me. it's "experimental" music for like tame impala fans or whatever.

Sometimes Hannah Diamond can be okay, but eh

youtube.com/watch?v=z6_ikWlJu_0

modern classic

if you can't enjoy this then it's because you lack a soul
youtube.com/watch?v=DWGXZI6LC5Q

nothing more than imitating classic grime sounds and better artists.
youtube.com/watch?v=tSTK8W-Cs-s

Radio Tank Mix blew my mind back in 2013.

I don't enjoy choking on sweets. If that means I don't have a soul, I don't want one.

literally a knockoff of a classic grime instrumental sped up with shitty singing on top
what do people like about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=nHLPU66yLFY

It sounded quite like nothing else when the first releases dropped, but by now the rest of the music world has caught up with them. Their newer releases have been declining in quality for some time now, also I dislike the kind of people/mentality that co-opted this stuff for themselves.

lol i wasn't being completely serious. i can understand why someone wouldn't like it.

their influences are more happy hardcore and 80s sophisti-pop like scritti politti.

how are these even remotely similar? is your volume at 0% mate?

speed it up senpai
sing badly over it.

it seems like you picked a completely random track, i am 100% honestly not understanding your choice. please help me understand.

New Americana?? It's the most British sound, playing on 20 somethings' nostalgia of mid-00's pop.

clyp.it/qnsfpeeg
now sing
this sound, it's nothing new

>their influences are more happy hardcore and 80s sophisti-pop like scritti politti.
nah
ag probably just heard one of murlo's tunes and thought it banged
but you can't expect Sup Forums to know anything about dance music
soundcloud.com/djmurlo/drippin-adrenaline-murlo-remix

youtube.com/watch?v=MVc3Z-bG6Eo&list=PLMdDW3seGrd_5tihi8IkewJtt2BY8Ywdi

What are you talking about? AG Cook and Danny Harle have said from the beginning that the entire PC music thing was just a way to ride the shitty memewave aesthetic towards bigger and better things. They want to be big pop music producers a la Dr. Luke. If you were fooled into thinking it was anything but a springboard, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Superstar is amazing senpai, single of the year so far
I think with that and Hannah Diamond's Hi PC Music has somehow subverted their own trite satire of pop music and gotten to a place where their artists are making genuinely emotive pop music

but it doesn't even sound remotely similar, you could do the same thing to a burial track and it would be just as close (not close at all). beat isn't the same, sounds aren't the same, general vibe isn't even the same. i am honestly not understanding what led you to choose this particular track user

literally just jersey club with more annoying sounds
but again, can't expect p4k memekids to know anything about music
youtube.com/watch?v=KVqy7YymieQ

>the musicians don't care about the music so you should be okay with listening to their mediocre shit
what the fuck kind of argument is that?

no superstar isn't good. pls don't tell me ur falling for the bedroom edm producer le voice breaking.

project has gone to shit . I don't mind them selling out to make money but atleast keep the good tunes
Sophie and easyfun are probably the only good acts left. rest is just shit I hear on rinsefm mixes everyday

i picked functions because I had a sped up version on hand.
it's more like rhythm and gash () sped up, if you want to speed that one up yourself, please do.

the point is, that the sound is nothing new. it's really just a slightly sped up version of what you've already heard.

you have to be the same guy as you keep posting random songs that come from literally nowhere and claiming they're similar, idk if you're musically retarded, deaf, drunk or what, but i'm pretty confused.

this. AG Cook and Danny Harle is working with Charli and CRJ.

see

they themselves have said that's their influence
no big secret

>Superstar
is very beautiful!

>“One of my favourite albums is Cupid and Psyche 85 by Scritti Politti,” Cook said in a rare interview with Tank Magazine. “It was a conscious decision to take pop music and make it as shiny and detailed as possible—it’s a really beautiful balance of great hooks, rhythms, and sounds. There’s so much other stuff that has been influential: J-Pop, K-Pop, Nightcore, Ark Music Factory, Hudson Mohawke and Nadsroic, Frank Zappa.”
pigeonsandplanes.com/2014/05/pc-music-and-the-future-of-pop/

the only way you could think this is similar enough to say it could be sped up and be the same is if you're my 50 year old mom and have said "all electronica techno whatever all sounds the same."

otherwise you're trolling
yeah and a.g. cook has said he rips off conlon nancarrow too

how are they not similar?
listen to to the skittery drum patterns, listen to the way the vocals are used, the sparse palette.
you don't know anything.

well, so?
does that change the way it sounds similar?
It has makes same aesthetic choices, it largely uses the same array of sounds.

Pay attention to the drum patterns, the way everything else is modeled in a similar staccato pattern, like the drums, the way the vocals are used and the general sparseness of the tune itself.
Again, it's a jersey club tune in everything but the specific sounds used. Those are obviously far more annoying.
youtube.com/watch?v=whLgv7RED0s

senpai pc music is just unoriginal shit

they take influence from all that you mention and put a new spin on it. which itself is still original. if you think so thats fine. they don't mind being called frauds thats part of it.

this is pretty much the only good PC song tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=XLfV60qzCdY

the drum patterns aren't the same
the pc music song isn't sparse by any metric
you are literally drunk or trolling

>Again, it's a jersey club tune
you don't know what jersey club is but heard the name somewhere and are banking on me not knowing what it is. unfortunately for you i know what it is
>senpai pc music is just unoriginal shit
you're doing a horrible job of trying to seem like you know what you're talking about

>unfortunately for you i know what it is
then explain how it isn't a jersey club tune with different sounds.
stop pretending you know anything about anything.

ITT
>artists have taken influence from already existing music
>WOAH THIS IS TOATLLY UNORIGINAL

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8tNGmqTqtI
youtube.com/watch?v=ObT5Cef5viY
youtube.com/watch?v=QSBVH5Jwm4A
youtube.com/watch?v=BY9ejw1728w
youtube.com/watch?v=VVqaN6P-xWA
youtube.com/watch?v=FQWIsAGQAnU

>This is some "new americana" core shit at this point.
what did he mean by this?