>easy as fuck
1.Pets sounds
2.Blonde on Blonde
3. Revolver
4. Freak out

This

Revolver > Pet Sounds >>> Freak Out > Blonde on Blonde

Blonde on Blonde > Pet Sounds > Freak Out > Revolver

Pet sounds >>>>>revolver >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dylan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>zappa

i concur

that's a lot of greater than symbols you used there friend

Any ranking is fine as long as Zappa is at the bottom where he belongs.

Revolver > Blonde on Blonde > Pet Sounds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Meme Zappa

Revolver > Freak Out > Blonde on Blonde > Pet Sounds

if you put blonde on blonde third or fourth you should consider suicide

Freak Out! > Pet Sounds > BoB > Revolver.

Freak Out, Pet Sounds and BoB are some of my personal 10/10s

5th dimension>Revolver >Pet sounds > blonde> zappa

>all this plebs putting Freak Out that low

Kill yourselves faggot

Right?
People prefer watered down sunshine pop to a record that is just a tad more abstract and much more interesting to listen to lol

Yea. Freak Out! was more innovative than that 3 albums combined. Sup Forums sure is a bunch of faggots

innovative =/= good

But Freak Out is innovative AND a great album. Isnt better than albums that are just great? Fuck off.

revolver>blonde on blonde>pet sounds>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>freak out

I don't know what your people's deal is with Zappa, but
Pet Sounds > Freak Out > Blonde on Blonde > Revolver
They're all very close though.

EZ
Revolver
Pet Sounds
Blonde on Blonde
Freak Out

I don't know, they're all pretty overrated. 1966 and 1967 were absolutely brimming with overrated releases.

if Blonde on Blonde isn't your #1 you are pleb

Agreed

revolver > pet sounds > le raspy mouth organ man > > > > > le doo wop parody man

Blond on Blond>Revolver>Freak Out!>Pet Sounds

What's innovative about it?

They're going to say that Frank Zappa invented musical parody or that it's the first prog album (not true)

>if mom and dad liked it, it's overrated!
>>>/pleeb/

all shit

Just a reminder that The Beach Boys were the 21 pilots of their era, and Zappa was like the shit everyone on here jerks off about on a daily basis.

Truth. The objectively patrician ranking is:
Blonde on Blonde > Revolver > Pet Sounds >>>>>>>Freak out

although Velvet Underground & Nico is better than all of them.

If that's their answer, they'd be wrong.

>le raspy mouth organ man
>le doo wop parody man
kek

>although Velvet Underground & Nico is better than all of them.
What does that have anything to do with anything?

clockwise:
1. wimpy ass chorus boys sing over boring classical music
2. IT'S POETRY GUYS DONT YOU GET IT?????
3. lel so randum xDD
4. manufactured pop

le musique concrete
Never mind that 3 of the sides is shitty doo-wop

this would be great bait if anyone here knew who 5th Dimension was

Is it really overrated when back then there was nothing at all that sounded like these? They were the first of their kind and now kids think they're overrated because everyone since then has copied them.

>le musique concrete
Can't be innovative because that was a thing for 30 years before Freak Out.

No, you're wrong. It wasn't until around 1968 that music really started to get good, and then I think that 1969 through 1972 was the pinnacle of modern music. Also, I probably know more about music from that time than both of my parents overall.

Pet Sounds > Revolver > Freak Out! > Blonde on Blonde

Freak Out!>Blonde On Blonde>Revolver>Pet Sounds

>Freak Out! will be 50 years old next week

Zappa was the first one to use musique concrete in pop. Sgt Pepper's was supposed to be the Beatles' Freak Out!
I still hate Zappa tho

>The Beach Boys were the 21 pilots of their era
Maybe from 1962 through 1965. In 1965 there was a sudden jump in quality just in terms of the songwriting, and then Pet Sounds is a masterpiece that I don't think anyone would have expected in 1963 or 1964.

Nah, the pinnacles of rock were
1955-1961
and
1977-1982

Came here to post this.

>Zappa was the first one to use musique concrete in pop
Incorrect. See: Spike Jones

Holy fuck why do we always talk about the same fucking 60s albums. It's always
Beach Boys
Dylan
Beatles
Zappa
The Velvet Underground
Just shut the fuck up already, everyone knows these albums, there's nothing more you can really say about them
And no one talks about other artists from the same period, like for example Otis Redding, or the Stooges, or MC5, or garage rock, or anything that isn't Beatles Beach Boys Dylan
holy fuck kill yourselves

>Sgt Pepper's was supposed to be the Beatles' Freak Out!
[citation needed]

Google it, Lennon said that
Spike Jones was more of a satirist outside of the pop tradition than a pop musician using musique concrete to make pop

The shitty hipster director?

Yes, but blonde on blonde is the better record

it's not good because it's innovative, it's good because it's not generic sunshine pop or commercial pop folk like the other albums
if your favorite from those is not zappa you clearly don't know enough about music to notice how bland the others are
sorry beach boys fanboy, go make another mike love thread to vent

I don't think I've heard much that competes with the albums that came out from 1969 through 1972 like Close to the Edge, Tago Mago, First Utterance, Hosianna Mantra, and In a Silent Way. Also, I don't think 1977 through 1982 was that amazing, just important when it came to getting away from the bloated excess of the mid 70's. What do you think are the best that 1955 through 1961 had to offer?

>the other music is bland!
>when 75% of Zappa's album is fucking doo-wop

and 100% of the others is pop, commercial, tired, overly done boy band garbage
of course, no one on Sup Forums will understand that since they don't know any sunshine pop other than 'epic beach boys with INCREDIBLE production and crazy brian boy'

>its good because it isnt pop!!
this can be said about any album regardless of actual quality aside from pop

Zappa is pop

let me guess, you can't name 5 60's pop bands from the top of your head
surely none that had no top hit
sunshine pop, psych pop, pop rock, you know what I mean, don't pretend to be more retarded than you already are, fanbaby
go make another thread about brian being old, we need more of those

>Close to the Edge
I don't really like it
>Tago Mago
good record
>First Utterance
Complete shit
>Hosianna Mantra
Meh
>In a Silent Way
I prefer his modal stuff
>What do you think are the best that 1955 through 1961 had to offer?
55 through 61 was the heyday of rock and roll. It wasn't an albums-driven market then, but the singles of Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, and Buddy Holly are essential for every fan of rock.
>Also, I don't think 1977 through 1982 was that amazing, just important when it came to getting away from the bloated excess of the mid 70's.
I'll agree to disagree. Most of my favorite rock records are from that era, I think it was the pinnacle of quality and innovation in rock because everybody suddenly remembered the short/simple/fast aesthetics that make rock special

>Google it, Lennon said that
Not finding it. Need a citation or it's not true.
>Spike Jones was more of a satirist outside of the pop tradition
Oh like... Frank Zappa?

Nice try.
>it's good because it's not generic sunshine pop or commercial pop folk like the other albums
Just generic bar rock
>if your favorite from those is...
Not relevant.
>you clearly don't know enough about music
How long have you been studying music theory?

>Paul McCartney regarded Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as The Beatles' Freak Out!
From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freak_Out!
It's from a book
>Oh like... Frank Zappa?
not really, no

>let me guess, you can't name 5 60's pop bands from the top of your head
>surely none that had no top hit
even if i couldn't, how would this be relevant in any way

>From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freak_Out!
>It's from a book
Does not directly state McCartney claiming this. Try again.
>not really, no
Zappa never did parody? Is Hot Rats the only album you've heard by him?

Frank Zappa is still pop
>catchy
>generally 3 minutes
>easy to digest
Just because it isn't psych pop doesn't mean it's not pop. Also you're using sunshine pop wrong. Sunshine pop is more along the lines of The Mamas & The Papas. Pet Sounds is psych pop.

BoB > PS > R > FO
Objectively

i can agree with this, but i'd probably put pet sounds over blonde on blonde

The last track is 12 minutes long.

>music theory
AHAHAHHA the theory baby is here
classic: he has no idea of styles, context, history of music, but hey, I know what a scale is so I must be right all the time
yeah, I play piano and compose (jazz, not pop rock like you lol), why do ask? do you want to compensate your lack of knowledge about history of music? do you think that half assing a couple of instruments give you the right to claim that "le sad happy album' is anything other than oversaturated sunshine shit?
fuck, you fanboys are so retarded
go listen to the tons of pop singes ("oh but I only listen to le albums :(") released form 55 to 65 before you start to shout your 'opinions' at people
HAHAHAHAH see, you know SHIT, you know no bands before the beach boys and still claim that they were original
moron
it's sunshine pop, baby, your favorite epic sad band is yellower than a sunflower

>Does not directly state McCartney claiming this. Try again.
It's literally on the page you dumb nigger
Now I know you're just here to troll

why the fuck would you compare blonde on blone to any of them

blonde isnt even psychedleic

the beach boys aren't either

Yeah but it's dadrock

This thread isn't about psychedelic rock, it's just about the most influential albums from that year.

>HAHAHAHAH see, you know SHIT, you know no bands before the beach boys and still claim that they were original
>moron
i never claimed they were original?
these are my only posts in this thread

aspergersquiz.com/
could you take this test and post the results you get, please

>the most autistic person itt tells others to take an asperger's quiz
W E W
W E W
W E W
W E W
W E W
W E W

>most influential
no one said anything about that, mudrone, being 'influential' doesn't make it good
haha le autism :)
sooo funny :)
I'm from Sup Forums too XD
I'm a true 4channer who have no arguments!
I'm a stupid fanboy just like you!
I am so retarded

Are you mentally retarded?

>the singles of Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, and Buddy Holly are essential for every fan of rock.
Man, way to dash my hopes. I was hoping you'd give some avant garde free form experimentalism or something like that. You realize that Elvis Presley's popularity was the direct result of racism, right? He did absolutely nothing innovative, and most of his songs were given to him by other people, mostly black artists. It's just that in the 1950's it was easier to listen to listen to music if it was made by some pretty white boy. Really, popular music from the 1920's through the 1950's was mostly garbage.

>classic: he has no idea of styles, context, history of music
Talking about yourself here?
>why do ask?
Why did you think I didn't know enough about music, when I've been playing in bands for as long as you've been alive?
>fuck, you fanboys are so retarded
Quote me where I stated what I like.
I don't see the quote. Try again?

13th floor elevators is way more influential than blonde on blonde...

maybe
I am tho very mad at beach boys fanbabies who won't stop spamming Sup Forums with their happy poppy best seller trash when no one ever talks about any other fucking album from that era or style shit
>Talking about yourself here?
huirrrr I know what u are but what am i
go back to middle school
maybe play you classmates you pop rock, they'll love it
or beach boys too that's their target audience anyway hahahahaha

>Pet Sounds
>Best selling
>Happy
I think you need to check your facts

They were influential to a smaller more specific audience. Dylan's influence was much more wide spread

>I'm a true 4channer who have no arguments!
i called you autistic because you appeared to be getting pretty excited over an internet argument
i dont even hate frank zappa, i just dont enjoy freak out as much as pet sounds, bob, or revolver

>huirrrr I know what u are but what am i
>go back to middle school
>maybe play you classmates you pop rock, they'll love it
>or beach boys too that's their target audience anyway hahahahaha
Zzzzzzzzzz

Let me know when you have a real argument.

dylans influence was wider spread on highway 61 his best album than blonde on blonde... 13 elevators was a direct influence to neo psych

And, what, does innovation = quality?
Most arty young people completely ignore 50s rock and like to pretend that the Beatles and the Beach Boys invented rock, and that's doing them a huge disservice because you really don't know shit about the genre if you don't understand what the innovators were all about.
Basically, rock and roll was actually innovative in a time when jazz and traditional pop ruled.
And the Elvis argument is so overused. Everybody covered traditional songs back then, that's just how it was. Black musicians also covered songs other people wrote, and Elvis didn't just copy old blues songs and slapped his face on them, he revamped them, made them faster, more modern.
It was innovative because it WASN'T free-form experimentalism, rock was minimal, danceable, and physical. It was a mainstream reaction to wanky jazz music that didn't connect to the youth. Making rock that discards all that and is basically bad jazz ignores what rock is all about and shows a contempt for the music and it's audience, and the counterculture directly led to the modern downfall of the form.

>the correct answer hasn't been posted yet

1. Blonde on Blonde
2. Freak Out
3. Pet Sounds
4. Revolver

Blonde on Blonde >> Freak Out! > Pet Sounds > Revolver
If you somehow think Revolver is the best out of these you're really stupid

Hey I posted that right after you :D

good job man
/thread

>if you don't like what I like you are so stooooped!
Are you 19 or something?

Revolver > Pet Sounds > Blonde on Blonde > Freak Out!

Finally, an objectively correct answer.