Thoughts on this album?

Thoughts on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/nineinchnails_ghosts_I_IV
archive.org/details/NineInchNails37Ghosts38Ghosts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe a ghost too long.

But 8/10 easy

My personal favorite NIN album, wish Trent would make another like it.

Boring

when it was released I was really into it, but haven't listened to it in a long time. Its a solid 6/10 as a whole. Has a decent amount of filler.

Someone please post the Trent Reznor IDM comic

This is exactly it for me. Forgettable ambient album with a gimmick.

Great combination of ambient and electronic industrial. It gets kind of unfocused at times, but it was meant to be big and experimental so it works overall.

>with a gimmick
?

there's no gimmick. It's a catchall for not wanting to like a popular artist

>almost 2 hours long
>36 tracks
>all songs are untitled
>released without any promotion by a mainstream artist

>not a gimmick

Correct, it isn't.

Not really a gimmick

>Aphex twin rip off

>there's no gimmick.

I listened to it when it was released, the gimmick at the time for NIN, was that he was embedding images for each track, and that the image file embedded in the track was meant to represent the "mood" of the track.

ah so like SAW 2 but worse

>I like to use words I don't understand

The only NIN album I've ever listened to and i like it

Didn't Trent Reznor say they recorded the entire album in a month, and that all the music was unfinished ideas he couldn't figure out what to do with that might show up in complete form in the future, hence why Demon Seed is so much like that one bonus track on the bluray?

I like the album, but admittedly, it's Brian Eno for toddlers.

I can't find it anywhere. Can someone put up a mega link?

archive.org/details/nineinchnails_ghosts_I_IV

also, the bonus tracks
archive.org/details/NineInchNails37Ghosts38Ghosts

Thanks user

At the risk of sounding contrarian, I like this better than the bulk of Reznor's studio records. It's one of the few I've kept in my library since my days as a NIN portable encyclopedia. He's a skilled producer and here you see a lot of ideas he'd been knocking around turned into full tracks. There's a lot of tracks here that don't go anywhere, but act as little vignettes for the photos embedded in each track/in the book and have very interesting textures and sounds that are worth hearing.

The way I listen to it, I never sit down and chug through the whole thing, instead I put on certain tracks that fit my mood and skip the rest of them.

bretty fuggin gud, I'd say a solid 7.5/10

I'd say there are certainly some tracks on it that could have been cut, but I really enjoy the album. I remember hearing "28 Ghosts IV" and "34 Ghosts IV" back in like 2009 and that's what got me into it. It also lead me to discover Alessandro Cortini so that's a plus in my book.

I actually just picked the 4xLP at my local record store about a month ago.

are you simple?

I hope that new nin coming this year is Ghosts V-VIII

I'd say this is the better choice

>mfw can't tell if it's a pun or not

Correct. The Social Network and Gone Girl (Didn't care for GwtDT) soundtracks were much more focused and because they each revolved around a central theme, they worked beautifully as albums.

Ghosts I-IV is ok, but it's just too haphazard. However, the final Ghost track on IV is probably my favorite ending track of all time. The piano is just wonderful.

>maybe it goes too long

I like the haphazardness of Ghosts over the soundtracks desu

Greentexting won't make that a gimmick