Vinyl Giveaway

I have a teeny teeny tiny record label and put out the vinyl version of my buddy's record in 2014. There were 500 copies pressed and I am down to the last 75 or so. Periodically I do some giveaways (did a couple in here a while ago) as he doesn't play live and we don't really do any promotion except having it sitting up there on Bandcamp/Soundcloud.

Wholewheat - Songs From My Parents Basement is a super lo-fi singer-songwriter type thing, if you like Daniel Johnston, early Beck, lofi 4-tracker type stuff... you might possibly dig it.
Here's the Bandcamp page for the record: wholewheat.bandcamp.com/album/songs-from-my-parents-basement

I'm giving 20 of them away totally free (within the continental 48 only, sorry). Anyone in AK/HI/Overseas, contact me and i'm willing to work out a more than fair deal.
The only thing I ask is PLEASE, i'd really appreciate only taking a copy if you really like it. We know it's definitely not for everyone, so I just ask that you have some sort of real interest in it. Please don't just grab it to sell it!

If you'd like a copy, please just e-mail me through the Bandcamp page.

Thanks!

Tragic Death video: youtube.com/watch?v=9qF7hnnQBtY

Can confirm this guy is legit and Wholewheat is pretty great. Give it a try.

Also, kind of sad to here you still haven't got rid of all them yet. Have you tried local record stores? I don't know if they would even consider, but I doubt they would reject them if they were free, and it would increase the probability of circulation.

I agree, got it the last time they did a giveaway and I love it, it's a really solid record.

yeah, it's in a bunch of stores too... just lazy. too busy with regular life, but on occasion i look in my closet and do a promo... they sell on their own every so often but at that rate i would have them for years. luckily i can afford to give some away sometimes.

thanks, glad you like it. it was definitely pretty random for us to do the record and i'm happy there's some people that "get it". ha.

It was like 2 years ago now but i got 3 of the vinyl. Gave one to my mate and one to my gf. Great record stuck it on again recently really good stuff would recommend! Shipped to ireland and everything! some job!

ha tite! i remember that. only have shipped a couple times to Ireland. don't you have some of your own music?

Sorry things are moving slow for you guys, this sounds cool though. I'll check the band/label out when I get home.

nah don't be sorry we never expected anything to move at all. it's cool he's found a small audience on the internet literally from tapes rotting on his floor since the 90's. i just always wanted to put out a record and since i always liked his stuff i just went for it...

I remember when you did this around March 2015! Definitely some cool songs on the record, I like the sound.

glad you liked it!

any of you thatlike it we'd appreciate a follow on spotify. apparently if you get enough followers you can control the bio/pics and all that. wurd.

Ill follow. Going on a roadtrip in a week so ill put the record on definitely.

emailed

What email address do I message? I can't find one, but I'd like the record a lot I really like the album

try "contact wholewheat" on the bottom right column

contacted. I am excited to hear back. Love it when musicians do things like this.

I'm checking out the band now, but I want this album to simmer in if I end up liking it.

So far Fields of Loneliness has impressed me. I don't know why, but it reminds me of the average Tonetta groove. Fucking love that average Tonetta groove.

Also, as someone who is going to put out their second record in a few months, how in the hell did you guys work out a giant vinyl release for an artist this obscure? Just curious.

mods, advertising

>Replies: 18
> Posters: 12

You guys are aware we're not fucking retarded, right?

>Replies: 19
> Posters: 13
You're aware we're not fucking retarded, right?

I dig this, just bought a copy off your Bandcamp