Descendents

People are boycotting the new Descendents album due to the use of the word 'Spazz' in the title, which is a slur of sorts to people with cerebral palsy.

Thoughts?

people are pussies

Everyone needs to stop bitching and enjoy the music

Haven't heard it yet though

who gives a fuck about "spazz" as an insult? people who are looking for shit to get upset about, thats who

theres a petition to try and change the name but the band will probably just tell them to fuck off and the label isnt obligated to do anything about it either

the album sounds ok, its kind of the same pop punk stuff theyve been doing for a while. its not milo goes to college but its ok

Apparently britbongs have a problem with that word.

idk about America but the word spaz/spastic has been considered unacceptable to use in the UK for quite some time now

did you also surrender your butter knives to the government

is this album out yet?

fuck the UK

UK Spaz = Slur
US Spaz = Hyper and crazy

You don't get to tell people what they can and can't say.

apparently in UK you can

this is the reason why music is dead in general

ok but this is a punk album
there've been way worse titles in punk and everyone just says "fuck yeah"

Oh shit, this came out? I really liked Victim of Me. Will give this a listen

Yeah, but the UK is full of pussies.

wait till they hear milo goes to college

>you're a fucking son of a bitch
>you arrogant asshole
>your pants are too tight
>you fucking homo
>you suck
>mr. buttfuck
>you don't belong here
>no way
>you're fucking gay
>i'm not a loser

anyway i hope they tell the naysayers to fuck off. nothing more pathetic than a punk band giving into pressure to be less offensive.

Yeah people would lose their shit of Millions of Dead Cops put out an album these days

people would lose their shit if blink 182 came out with an album called millions of dead cops

if an anarcho/crust band (ie, the kind of band that would actually name an album that, and have fans that would listen to an album called that), you know who gives a shit? no one cause the only people that know are the people that are saying "fuck yeah millions of dead cops"

true story: I shared a rehearsal space with those dudes (MDC).

not a very good story, I know.

>people who are looking for shit to get upset about, thats who
I love this defense because it leaves out the people that the insults/slurs are used against as if they don't have a reason to be upset

Pretty cool. When though? Was it actually in their prime or.??

Pussies
I'm listening to it right now and it's good.

Found a YouTube rip of it (a pretty shitty one) My favorites off of the album are Spineless and Scarlet Red, Testosterone, Limiter, and Victim of Me

Naw, this was like 3 years ago. They were weird.

You do realize those lyrics are quoting assholes who gave them shit, right?

Fuck em, it's punk. They obviously don't know how punk works.

Spastic literally still means erratic movement. Like, it's a symptom of many other diagnoses. Something called "hypercaffium" would probably cause spasticity