stop

i'm kinda looking for stuff with discernable lyrics and sounds

The Avalanches - Since I Left You
DJ Shadow - ...Endtroducing
J Dilla - Donuts
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions
That's all you need to listen to from that genre
Vaporwave is a more important art movement than whatever plunderphonics was. If you can't see that then you're delusional

Vaporwave is a fucking awful, stupid, retarded internet microgenre which is utter bollocks and should be wiped off the web

You obviously have no idea how big of an impact this stupid fucking meme has had on the internet and society as a whole. And you're also objectively wrong to say that every vaporwave release was terrible

thanks for the suggestions, guy

witch house > gravewave > chillwave > seapunk >shit >vapourwave

>had on the internet and society as a whole

loooooooool

It is clear that you have no idea what culture or what stupid internet memes passing themselves off as art can do to affect it.

Its clear you never leave Sup Forums

No I just don't have Aspberger's and I understand how culture works

vaporwave is a dusty short fart
plunder hasnt even fully come into being and was excellent from the start

But aren't plunderphonics and vaporwave the same genre really

you fucking kidding me?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plunderphonics

plunderphonics.com/

>Plunderphonics is any music made by taking one or more existing audio recordings and altering them in some way to make a new composition.
Literally the definition in the first sentence on wikipedia, How does this not apply to vaporwave?

cuz vaporwave is basically stupid atmospherics and oswald is awesome and 40 fucking years ahead

>cuz vaporwave is basically stupid atmospheric
I don't see how that changes that it's all sample based music. Now may I ask would you consider an artist like Daft Punk to use plunderphonics?

>Daft Punk
no.
its not simply sample based music
some art has longevity, and a direction, and shoots hign into the sky
some art gives you a hard on that turns you into an animal sperm hunting for an egg
and i guess some shit you listen to in the dark of your room like a faggot like vaporwave

To say that vaporwave has no direction is missing the entire point, you need to learn the subtleties in life. I actually don't really care that much I just find vaporwave's existence and story extremely amusing and it makes me sad when people don't see it for more than le meme aesthetic

I don't know something something consumerism.

Anything by Solex

>no direction
ok you got me
i listened to a tiny bit of vaporwave and found it snoozy so passed on the while scene. i found no aesthetic interest in it but oswald gets my dick hard. i find negativeland boring, despite the agenda and antics. any vapor recs?

Jesus christ stop bitching. Also Handsomeboy Technique- Adelie Land and Lemon Jelly- Lost Horizons are very good

I've always loved sample based music since I was a kid. I'll rec a few
ESPRIT 空想 - Virtua.zip (his EPs are pretty good too)
Vektroid - Neo Cali
2814 - 新しい日の誕生/Birth of a New Day (really good atmospheric stuff)
bl00dwave - New Visuals
Disconcious - Hologram Plaza

There's a few, I tried to choose some different flavored ones so you could get a better idea

thanks bb
i appreciate it

Plunderphonics
Vaporwave
Hip hop
(some) Dance music

They all sample but they are not the same genre/style of music.

Np bbq

Genres are meaningless, they are completely subjective and are just labels we give to music that shares features of some other music. That was my point all along.

bamperz

>2814
so hyped for Rain Temple, only 3 days to go. gonna be tho aoty

or just some shit in the dust bin of history