ITT: a band's only great album

ITT: a band's only great album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I agree with this Syd was fucking onto something

I disagree but glad you enjoy Piper as well.
They just reprinted that shit, gonna pick it up next paycheck

False

True

I listened to that yesterday and liked Interstellar Overdrive but wasn't too impressed by the rest. Maybe it just needs time to sink in.

not even Astronomy Domine?

Pffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttt!!!!

i think you mean on something

Probably that too. I don't really remember much outside of Interstellar.

Not their only good album but their best imo

a band's only album?

this one imo

he said only great not only worst

Syd was objectivelly the only good thing about that band. his solo work is insanely good

Why would you even try to troll with this? The whole point of having a contrarian opinion is to make your music taste seem more sophisticated, but this is literally Radiohead's most normie album. I cannot believe that anyone who regularly comes to Sup Forums would unironically say that this is their favourite Radiohead album.

That's not Wish You Were Here

THANK YOU YES I AGREE WITH THIS

Some people here are lonely fags and children out to get (you)'s

this
the rest in this thread, not so much

strange days is better

wasn't even revolutionary for the time.

Well you're wrong

A saucerful of secrets was good too though

Except LA Woman is an eas

If that isn't bait you're one of the dumbest people on this board. Or you haven't listened to shit of Pink Floyd

three cheers is better desu

not even close to their best

The only correct one so far

youtube.com/watch?v=WNKv_nrTIeI

Sucks that Linkin Park will never release something like this again because their fans refuse to grow out of angsty nu metal.

>any LP record
>even close to not shit

filtered

You have to at least give them credit for experimenting while they were mainstream.

this sounds like shit lol

Sup Forums would probably jerk off to that if MC Ride was the singer

[spoiler];^)[/spoiler]

But that's the only good track in the album

>The Requiem
>Burning in the Skies
>Wretches and Kings
>Iridescent
>The Catalyst

Sure, I could give them that, even if their experiments were miserable failures. I've always enjoyed Chester's vocals and thought the band wasted a lot of their potential. They just tried too hard to be radio-friendly while still trying to be hard, and the two just meshed awfully.
Good album, but the ten minute psych track is unlistenable garbage. Psych at its worst. They had no idea what they were doing in that field and shouldn't have tried. Fun House is way better overall

This t b h.

They tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter

It doesn't apply to Pink Floyd, but anyways: that's not Meddle.

That's not In Rainbows

Not Fun House

Well said friend
Weird, I've never heard of someone loving In Rainbows and not Kid A

meddle is steely dan-core minus echoes tho

A Saucerful of Secrets
(nice meme)
correct
correct
>band

that only applies for that piece of shit San Tropez and the godawful Seamus and maaaybe A Pillow of Winds

One of These Days is fucking great and Fearless is some GOAT psych folk

Fearless

shit tiers bait

best pf album is AHM by an absolute mile. the stuff they did before is just the ramblings of an acid-stricken twink madman

Well it's their only album. The band that existed from 1968 to 1979 was a completely different band with a completely different appeal and aesthetic. It's hard to imagine someone who enjoys this liking Animals, and vise versa.

most of their fanbase do

you retard

i like most of there album including animals and PatGoD
that's why like pf they don't always copy paste the same album every 2 or 3 years

Pink Floyd - The Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Animal Collective - Painting With
Mercury Rev - Snowflake Midnight
Bjork - Volta
Yes - Tormato
Neil Young - Re-ac-tor
The Grateful Dead - Dylan and the Dead
Bob Dylan - Dylan and the Dead
Talk Talk - It's My Life
The Beach Boys - Fifteen Big Ones

>Tormato

only because they're afraid not to

I followed you and totally agreed until that last sentence, which makes no sense. Just because it's a different sound doesn't mean people didn't like it. Most PF fans dickride all their albums up to The Wall anyway

They genuinely enjoy both you flaming autist

Poorly executed bait

This is multi-dimensional bait.

shut the fuck up you fucking memelords

Tormato is actually alright.

On the Silent Wings of Freedom is GOAT

yeah, that's what i was trying to imply

I would call Wu Tang Forever great too, but that is certainly the only masterpiece.

No all of the Stooges albums are amazing but I do agree that this is there best, wish they made more songs like we will fall, it was so perfect in every way and such a great contrast to the rest of the album.

It's definitely not a bad album, but to call it the only great Yes album is absurd

Yes really had a fucking unreal streak of amazing albums

>The Yes Album
>Fragile
>CttE
>TfTO
>Relayer
>GFTO
>Tormato
>Drama
>90125

I can't think of any other band with that much of a high score.

if you're gonna count Tormato & 90125, you might as well count Time and a Word, which is really good to be honest. s/t is pretty underwhelming though

Only correct answer so far

yeah thats true

not if you count all the solo projects

>Tical
>Return To The 35 Chambers
>Only Built 4 Cuban Lynx
>motherfucking Liquid Swords

The Yes Album, Fragile, and Close to the Edge are amazing. Tales From Topographic is terrible and one of the most repulsively pretentious albums I've ever heard. Relayer is a little bit easier to appreciate, if anything on a sonic and atmospheric level, but it still sounds rigid in it's composition and never reaches that expansive, limitless energy that the Yes Album through Close to the Edge had. Going For the One is probably their best post-Bruford album, but it's still not amazing or anything. Everything after that is varying degrees of bad. I think if Close to the Edge wasn't going to be their last album it should have been Tormato. It would have depicted the rise and decline of prog in one band's discography.

*Return To The 36 Chambers, fuck

I don't know, I really like Tales.

I love Tales. Musically and sonically it's superb. The production is also substantially better than anyting after that. Eddy Odford really added alot. The lyrics don't do a lot for me though

I just can't get over how meaningless everything on there seems. The ideas and themes on there don't really accomplish anything, and feel completely contrived. What was so good about the Yes Album through Close to the Edge is that they were always focusing their creative energy on something that was attainable, and part of why Close to the Edge was so amazing was that it seemed unattainable and yet they were able to completely pull it off with no strain or effort. On Tales From Topographic Oceans, they're placing their energy on something that's completely abstract and not grounded at all, which is why it lacks the raw, natural sound that Close to the Edge had. There's also nothing on Tales From Topographic Oceans that can stimulate such intense, overwhelming feelings and emotions just through music the way Close to the Edge does, and the best moments on there are short lived and only give you a taste of what Yes could have done if they had placed their energy on something more attainable. I appreciate Relayer for attempting to go back to a more basic format (if you can call one twenty minute track and two ten minute tracks basic) but by then it was too late for even that. Tales From Topographic Oceans showed Yes at a point where they could have made a great follow-up, and they blew it.

Im talking about all the boys together

It's a try to upset people episode.

the first like 4 or 5 songs of a saucerful of secrets are breddy nice as well

just checked, the first 7 songs of it are prettycool

What are you on? Lmao

>reads orwell once: the album
>good

That's an absurd remark. Just because the band was inspired by Animal Farm for an album they did doesn't mean they aren't educated in Orwell's work or anything, and even if they are who gives a fuck? Stop being an autistic faggot

So are See Saw and Jugband Blues.

American Beauty is better imo