Name a single band where their debut isn't their best

Name a single band where their debut isn't their best

Post scriptum: the first Beatles album is rubber soul

dead kennedys

You mentioned someone who doesn't fit the bill in your own post OP
I dont think Abbey Road or even Revolver was the Beatles debut

Faith no More

also what are some /wesanderson/core bands?

cocteau twins

The Cure

The Byrds

Honestly, most bands. It's not often an artist makes a debut they just can't top. Only ones I can think of off the top of my head who have that curse are Nas and DJ Shadow. Death From Above 1979 too, but it feels like they didn't really try too hard with their follow-up. Even the Avalanches don't have that curse anymore, their follow-up's been getting plenty of praise.

Nirvana

yeah, I agree with you.

Thom Yorke and The Radioheads

Have a Nice Life had a beautiful debut album, the second one wasn't that good

Yo La Tengo

AnCo
St Vincent
Tame Impala
Bob Dylan
Joanna Newsom
etc
etc

Queens of the stone age
Michael jackson
Modest mouse
Flaming lips
Depeche mode
Led Zeppelin

The list goes on

Debatable

>anco
nope
>Modest Mouse
nope

On topic: The Microphones

stupidest shit ever OP

Slint
Love
Tim Buckley
The Smiths
My Bloody Valentine
Radiohead
Neurosis
Cardiacs
The Church

e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c

The Antlers
Avenged Sevenfold
Death Grips
Swans
Radiohead
Xiu Xiu
Viet Cong

there's a lot more but im fucking tired

>bait

Neutral Milk Hotel, the Olivia Tremor Control, the Apples in Stereo, Black Moth Super Rainbow, the Beach Boys, Black Sabbath, Boards of Canada, Boris, Burzum, Can, Candy Claws, Flying Lotus, David Bowie, the Dead Milkmen, Deerhunter, Gas, Jane, Panda Bear, MGMT, the Mountain Goats, Beach House, Cocteau Twins, Prince, Sleep, T. Rex, Thee Oh Sees, Sun City Girls, Zoviet France

?
none of those bands peaked with their debut

if you really think that slow static-y clusterfuck of a first album is better than their other stuff I feel like you are just extremely pretentious

>xiu xiu
>swans
come on pal
others are right tho

>the Apples in Stereo
Fuck you Fun Trick Noise make is better than Tone Soul Evaluation or New Magnetic Wonder any day. Also
>the Dead Milkmen
Mad respect for even bringing them up. ITS A BEACH PARTY VIETNAM

He's right about both MM and AnCo

It's harder to name a band whose debut IS the best.

Pearl Jam
Joy Division
R.E.M.

That's all I can think of right now.

Fun Trick Noisemaker is great.

But Her Wallpaper Reverie is better even with the same piano shit every other song.

Strawberryfire is probably their best song.

And I feel like you're a huge fucking pleb lmao

>Xiu Xiu
>Swans
wrongo

If he was pretentious he would pretend that Danse Manatee is better than Spirit.

STGSTV is definitely their best though.

i liked it a lot, dont understand the hate

AnCo
Big Black
Crystal Castles
DFA1979
Earth
HANL
Health
Hella
Jerome's Dream
Julia Brown

too lazy to continue

Prove to me why Knife Party is Xiu Xiu's best record
Pro tip: You can't

tests is their best album? Ok, never seen anyone say that before

>knife party
jesus christ this guy

The Magnetic Fields
Belle and Sebastian

Bork
While some songs on Debut are amazing it feels very dated and Homo and Vesp are better projects

It has 2 of the best songs of all time on it, Suha and Homonculus.

1. Tests isn't an album
2. I said The Microphones best isn't their debut. Read the op

disregard point 1, it just didnt get a big release

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, Three Six Mafia, Dead Kennedys, DJ Shadow, Duster, Faust, Have a Nice Life, Islands, LSD and the Search for God, Nana Grizol, Neon Indian, Paavoharju, Pavement, the Residents, They Might Be Giants, Tobacco, Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, Violent Femmes.

>anco
>hanl
>jerome's dream
but that's where ur wrong bucko

I can't even remember the name of the album and confused it with the name of some shitty dubstep act it's so bad.

>Presents is better than SMMTS

I can't even wrap my head around how someone can like the rest of Xiu Xiu's music and think Knife Play is bad. Like I actually think it's more likely you're baiting. It's fine to think Fab Muscles or A Promise is better (even tho they aren't) but to say Knife Play is bad, and then also enjoy those albums is just.... a disconnect.

I'm not suprised if someone already posted this
>no ctrl+f on mobile
Death Grips - Bottomless Pit

>It's fine to think Fab Muscles or A Promise is better (even tho they aren't)
If those albums aren't better, then why are you ok with people liking them more?
And you say I'm the one baiting

wait i thought that was what you were saying

Because it's an opinion, and my opinion is that they aren't better, but I can still respect someone who enjoys those more as they are both still solid albums, and they might not enjoy Knife Play to the extent I do. But as I said earlier to say Knife Play is bad and then A Promise is good is like saying you love pancakes but hate crepes.

read the guy I replied to

>If those albums aren't better, than why are you ok with people liking them more?

because people can like whatever they want, it just seems odd that someone could like those albums and dislike knife play when knife play isn't so far removed in sound or theme

>and my opinion is that they aren't better
But you straight up said they aren't better, not that they aren't better in your opinion

Also, Pancakes >>>>> Crepes

Oh my fucking god I shouldn't have to say "in my opinion" before saying something completely subjective you troglodyte. Obviously it is my opinion

Please refer to

Both OTC releases are at least as good as each other, it's basically just personal preference

R.E.M. has too many brilliant albums for me to definitively say they never matched their debut, but saying Murmur was their best is a rock solid pick. Pearl Jam is a harder sell but I think they did a couple better than Ten as well.

Nas, SDRE, Interpol, Weezer, ODB, The Strokes... now those are some artists who almost certainly peaked with their first albums.

Well you know how touchy people are these days

Anyway, that's enough trolling from me today. Enjoy the rest of your day user, and remember, not once did I actually say I liked Xiu Xiu at all, a backdoor you left wide open that I could have used at any moment. Keep that in mind for next time.

Nirvana, Radiohead, Swans, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Talking Heads, The Beach Boys, Love, Talk Talk, GY!BE, The The...

There are hundreds.

Television, The Strokes, The Avalanches...

exmilitary is a mix tape but its my favorite relase by them by far

The Fall

The obvious answer

>a literal snoozefest

>better than lysf, slow riot, or f#a#

>>Modest Mouse
>nope

>Interstate 8 is better than Long Drive, Lonesome Crowded West or Moon & Antarctica

Off yourself m80, edit the sad parts is probably my favourite song of theirs, but even I know that it's not their best album

Stevie Wonder

but f#a# is one of the greatest albums ever made ?????????

Of all bands you had to pick that one

>joy division
someone fell for the meme eh?

Almost every Jazz musician

Avenged Sevenfold is an obvious answer. Sounding the Seventh Trumpet is objectively their worst album by any measure.

>Bobby Hutcherson
>Tony Williams

meme

band? BAND?