This is best rap album of the year. You can't argue with it

I've been an Aesop Rock fan for a long time - I think this is one of his best but there is some filler
>Rabies
>Supercell
>Defender
>Molecules

Other than those four songs, album is great. Best hip-hop album of the year? Well, maybe not...

It's just backpacker garbage for nerds who use the term 'real rap' unironically. TLOP is way better.

this

>b-but he uses lots of words guys!!! this impresses me because i'm a retard !

If I liked that one track he did on fucked up friends will I like this?

>TLOP is way better

i honestly cannot see how anyone can like that garbage album

I didn't get to listen to it in full yet, but the songs I've heard struck me as having some of his best flow yet, but the beats are kind of detracting from that by how clunky and overbearing they get at times

This isn't how you spell Still Brazy

Why'd he rip off Lil Ugly Mane's cover?

>TLOP is garbage

i honestly cannot see how anyone can dislike that great album

Because it has an incredibly unique album structure and does some interesting things sonically. It's like a random collage of awesome shit. Sure the lyrics are a bit trash sometimes but it doesnt bother me because his delivery is always interesting.

>It's just backpacker garbage for nerds who use the term 'real rap' unironically.
>TLOP is way better.

>all these niggas pretending the best rap album of the year isn't pic related
wew lads

>knowing ain't half the battle, that's a bullshit quip written by some asshole
>you can own what you are, still sit around stoned in your car

These lyrics hit me hard

Aesop is a top 5 artist for me and The Impossible Kid is very good but I'd go with Schoolboy Q or YG for my rap AOTY

Experimental
Trap
Eastcoast
Westcoast

So we got best album of the year from all the main sub genres?

Experimental AOTY is Bottomless Pit, Trap is Summer songs 2 or Lil Boat, but yeah the coasts are accurate

Meh
Literally Kanyes worst album
Meh
Haven't listened, probably never will
This was pretty alright

I'd say Open Mike Eagle's Hella Personal Film Festival is my number one. Yoni and Geti's Testarossa is probably runner up.

>filler
Do people even know what this means? Filler songs are songs that are not good that are only added to fill track time and pad the few songs that are actually good on the album. Almost every song on The Impossible Kid is really good.

Like what do you actually think about those songs makes them "filler"?

Terrible albums

Pretty good.

How has no one mentioned Blank Face yet??

too self indulgent, bad lyricism for the most part

Some people appreciate music that requires more attention than Kanye talking about bleaching assholes.

>he didn't get the bleaching line
>hurr lyrics is the only thing to pay attention too

Get out the car is probably my favorite song of the years.
This guy is a complete fucking retard, and doesnt know shit about music.

Just another way you could say earape. Just because it does a bunch of "interesting" things sonically it doesnt mean it works, in fact it just makes it much worse.

I actually really dig supercell, the other 3 are okayish too, I personally really liked the album, but I wouldn't have been upset if if was 3 tracks shorter by removing those.
Kinda loses steam towards the end, gets a bit arduous to listen to, but still a really enjoyable album for me.