What's some good music to self-harm to? Not feeling great at the moment

What's some good music to self-harm to? Not feeling great at the moment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MDACd-ShjHk
youtube.com/watch?v=nZq_jeYsbTs
youtube.com/shared?ci=EE8uUrXBgZw
youtube.com/watch?v=VT_PwXjCqqs
youtu.be/jO_yxgN9I8g
youtu.be/ZW2e6tFBtV0
youtu.be/TIuY1VMBnAs
youtube.com/watch?v=J7zkM6VvfUs
youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ4nuUuwNo
youtube.com/watch?v=0qtlccEWrXI
youtube.com/watch?v=UZlZuYp1fZc
youtube.com/watch?v=PUUy-ylur-E
youtube.com/watch?v=fk0b0qdY_lo
youtube.com/watch?v=_Yr5rn3Sv_4
youtube.com/watch?v=2I6_lDxk7VU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My Chemical Romance.

listen to some feel good music and dont harm yourself you attention seeking faggot

Godflesh streetcleaner or swans cop
enjoy

Elliott Smith, NIN, The Cure

Linkin park.

Any band with "veil" in its name

Merzbow

I regret slef harm cause those scars aint going away. I did it too heligoland - massive attack once because I had this weird "revalation" that nothing I do will be as good or professional or complex or entertaining as this album and it isn't even that good.

also this song is depressing but happy I don't get it

youtube.com/watch?v=MDACd-ShjHk

pixies in general

good suggestions

flaming lips have that sort of fake happy kinda sad feel too.
also this song is relaxing. I want to die to it maybe.

youtube.com/watch?v=nZq_jeYsbTs

youtube.com/shared?ci=EE8uUrXBgZw

actually scratch that try the album building nothing out of something by modest mouse.

this song is my favourite

youtube.com/watch?v=VT_PwXjCqqs

also try some jeff buckley

OP, self-harm feels good because the brain instinctively releases endorphins in response to sudden onset of injury like that. Endorphins temporarily suppress not only physical but emotional and psychological pain.

You can achieve the same effect without physically injuring yourself by taking an opioid after stressful or depressing events. Morphine and heroin are both valid.

Of course, these can be addictive, but better to be addicted to one of those than to be addicted to cutting yourself or wanting to kill yourself, IMO. Just use them sparingly, and only in response to really bad things. Not every day. And stick to only the bare minimum dose.

I don't recommend it, you can find other ways to get a little adrenaline or distract yourself or whatever. But I used to listen to NIN, Marilyn Manson and Dead Can Dance.

Are you like 14 years old or something?

Not sure. I never cut myself in a mindset where I was still enjoying music. Except like this one time when I was drunk out of my mind, put on Nails' Unsilent Death, proceeded to punch the shit out of the apartment wall, and then go for some thick deep cuts. I still have no clue if that blood all over my bed was from my arm or mouth due to the combo of drugs/booze.

Anyway I'll also say just be careful cuz in that even super small chance that things get far better, you'll regret it. Since I used to cut myself in my upper left arm, now that I am doing better I feel like I can never wear traditional short sleeves or no sleeve clothing again. Every time I go out I just wear shirts where I pull the sleeves just till the elbow before the upper arm/biceps triceps area starts.

Fortunately the cuts on my thighs are much easier to hide.

btw OP I hope you get through this. I'm not gonna pretend life automatically gets better but not considering suicide everyday is more fun then considering suicide everyday.

>OP try heroin it's cool but make sure you don't go overboard

user...

OP, I don't agree with this guy, but he brings up a good point. Cutting is about the muting of pain with endorphins. Instead of cutting or drugs though, try running or exercising some other way.

Honestly I just stopped caring what people would think if they saw them. I figure most people aren't scanning my arms and if they're judgmental about things I did when my mental health was in chaos, why should I care.

Or you can just exercise and get naturally happier that way.
That is much better than telling someone to do fucking Heroin.

>all these people shitting on heroin

don't knock it until you try it. just don't start mainlining or you're in trouble.

Yeah, but there's still that part of me that's still pathetically insecure about it. Hopefully I won't feel like that in the future. Otherwise it does confuse the shit out of me when it's like "damn, girls are actually willing to talk to me, and my sex drive that's been non-existent for some years is back, too, but I have also been a total piece of shit in the past and there are signs of it on my body."

>you should try heroin
>just don't do it too much

Cuz it's a great idea to recommend that to someone not in the best mental health, right?

Tame Impala
Green Day
Linkin Park
Gorillaz
21 Pilots
Red Hot Chili Peppers

A lot better than self harm.

Isn't the narrative with heroin that the first time is so good that every subsequent use is an attempt to recreate that first high, which is never attainable? Sounds like self-harm.

Actually no. I kinda wish I would've rather continued self harming and find a way to stop that rather than the alcohol/drug addiction that came in later. That's the kind of shit that ends up causing damage not just to you, but others.

Again, I am not even disagreeing with you I think people should be free to try something like that in their life. But recommending something that will initially feel like that easy of an out to someone who's not mentally sound only leads to disaster.

Do you seriously think there is a difference between being a drug addict and cutting yourself? I guess with the former you can wither in agony for years before finally succumbing to an overdose.

OP don't listen to music while self-harming, If you make it a habit then in the future listening to the song/album you self harmed to will trigger you to do it again. I don't know if that's how it is for others but it did it for me

I listened to a lot of dark ambient/dsbm when I felt like shit, and now I try to avoid this stuff because it brings me down a lot

If you want to self harm just do it in silence

this

I'd only recommend it if the alternative is killing yourself. Heroin addiction is bad, but it's preferable to death. And it's not *that* hard to kick the addiction if you taper properly.

Something lighter like morphine or codeine is also an option.

Not necessarily. If you're using low-to-moderate doses of heroin purely to self-medicate, it can work out ok. If you're just trying to feel as euphoric as possible, then yes; but that's the case for literally every drug ever. Even weed.

You aren't mentally sound if you're comparing relief from substances to mutilating your body. Everything in moderation and self control goes a long way.

If you're that much of a pussy, just try to get some oxy and take those.

and besides self harming to music is the edgiest shit, just save yourself from future embarrassment

youtu.be/jO_yxgN9I8g

>moderation
>self control
>in someone who's not mentally sound
Nigga what?

this
a drug addiction is just another way of "self-harm" bro. just don't hurt yourself in any way. i am not anti-drugs but i know they can do so much harm, specially if your mental/physical health are not at their best state. embrace life. there are plenty of things you can do to feel better and be better that do not involve sporadic pleasure, decadence, vice and pain. do things to improve your LIFE long-term, and avoid things that will just turn you into a living dead

This thread isn't even about whether it's okay or not. None of us are going to convince OP not to so might at well help out.

I like to go for something emo (any for a penny in for a pound). Softer then Brand New though. Owen and The Sleeping are some good options.

this is the only correct answer

>dealer so mad that he's getting called out on his retarded shit
said all I was going to say

I had a girlfriend that used to cut herself. Thinking about razors still makes me feel anxious. Please don't hurt yourself.

>acting as if drugs can't mutilate your body
Wow. How do you think the drugs get in, retard?

Ive had scars for like 3 years now and noone has seen them.
Does it still count as attention seeking?

Songs that almost make me cry are the best for me.
youtu.be/ZW2e6tFBtV0

youtu.be/TIuY1VMBnAs

Not OP, but what if exercise isn't helping? I've been out and about all summer- still feel like shit most of the time

Self-harm is always harmful.

You can get infected. Friends, family, and future employers might see your scars. You can start to rely on it in response to negative events.

Drugs can be harmful, but not necessarily. Heroin is difficult to use responsibly, but morphine is easier. Also, if you consume an opioid via pill (capsule/parachute/whatever) rather than snorting/smoking/injecting, the odds of getting addicted are way lower.

I'd agree you still shouldn't touch them at all in any normal scenario; just if you have basically no other option, it's better (and more effective at reducing emotional pain) than slicing your fucking arms.

Why do people slice their arms? Why not their thighs so nobody can see?

People do but those are the one that keep it a secret and don't want attention. Even if the ratio of thigh cutters to wrist cutters was 1,000:1 it would still look like everyone cuts their wrist.

Yeah but I know for a fact that there are lots of people who cut their wrists who hate the attention so it doesn't make sense

>advocating heroin use

Shoot yourself in the face.

no no, like EXERCISE. enough to become fit, not just maintain a body type. this requires way more effort than just getting out and about, but the pay off is enough to cure a whole bunch of problems

people dont think they have it in them and just rule it out

I always wondered that myself. Shoulders are the ideal place to do it desu

This, haven't cut for two years after having a problem with it, and some music still takes me back to it

Former thigh cutter here, I would imagine arms are because the position is comfortable, and even if you don't want attention it can be a cry for help

>expecting people who cut themselves to use logic

Well some of them clearly do since there are thigh cutters so your generalizing doesn't really work here.

You can't take your shirt off to go swimming then and you have to worry about certain cut t-shirt. Thighs are the best way to go. The top of the thigh doesn't bleed as much either so there's less clean up.

You're probably right man. I had a decent exercise routine going in the winter but it just fell off as things started getting shittier. Lost motivation. I'll probably hit the gym again once classes start but damn I wish there was another way to feel less terrible.

Unless you're an avid swimmer or a fashion model you can survive not being shirtless just fine

Maybe you have to give up on a couple of things but it's not that bad, you get used to it. Just say shit like "I have a skin condition" or something and people won't care. You can still sleep and fuck and whatever with your shirt on. Also the shirt collar thing is not an issue at all, it may seem like it but it's not as long as you don't cut directly on your neck or something

I tried the thighs once but it was awful, especially because clothing tends to painfully rub in that area in the following days

But I guess it all down to how you're used to do it

>Shoot yourself in the face.
I will. Thankfully I won't feel anything, since I'm doped up on heroin.

Shining (Sweden)

youtube.com/watch?v=J7zkM6VvfUs

Go with a friend if you don't already. During the worst of times it was my friends who essentially had to force me to go. Now almost a year later it's so easy to go on my own. From once a month to four days a week now maybe soon might push it to five due to the intensity of the workouts getting consistently higher. If my worthless piece of shit ass can do it, you can, too! It just takes a lot of work and patience.

Yeah, once everyone gets back in town for the semester it'll be super easy to find friends to go with.

Thanks for the advice user

I'm on a Radiohead kick lately, so I'll give you some Radiohead songs. Motion Picture Soundtrack, Street Spirit, No Surprises, and How To Disappear Completely.

I get that, if you keep it to a small enough area and know you won't need to take off your shirt then you should be good.

With SJWs I'm sure there will be models that self harm in the next decade though.

Something a little atmospheric is nice. Wolves in the Throne Room and Liturgy are good go to artists.

>implying there haven't been models that already do that for a long time now

youtube.com/watch?v=NFQ4nuUuwNo

>actually implying it isn't a big thing like plus size models

youtube.com/watch?v=0qtlccEWrXI

Personally, whenever I get the urge to self-harm (and I know my whiteness is showing), I just take a bottle of Tabasco sauce and take a big swig of it, and swish it around in my mouth a bit before swallowing. That way, it burns more than if I just drank it. It still hurts like hell, but other than maybe adding a bit too much sodium to one's diet, it doesn't do any long-term damage.

Have fun singing along
youtube.com/watch?v=UZlZuYp1fZc

The Bitter Emblem of Dissolve

That's a pretty decent idea desu. Not healthy psychologically, but better than cutting.

How was this not posted yet

youtube.com/watch?v=PUUy-ylur-E
youtube.com/watch?v=fk0b0qdY_lo
youtube.com/watch?v=_Yr5rn3Sv_4

lifelover

You think a self harm addict will be able to control fucking heroin use?

Shoot yourself in the foot please. Self harming is bad, but heroin will destroy your life.

there is literally nothing wrong with moderate and responsible heroin or morphine use

just take it orally. don't insufflate, inject, or inhale.

youtube.com/watch?v=2I6_lDxk7VU

Find something productive to do with your time, maybe bettering yourself or people around you. Seeks harm is serious shit user I don't want you wrapped up in that

please don't harm yourself you have so much to live for

unless you're a tranny in which case go ahead
you will never be normal

I hate it when people say you have so much to live for

Sometimes people have nothing to live for and leaving is the only possible answer. Not everyone has at least one thing that they have a true passion for.

Different user
It is so hard to feel okay about scars. I feel like it's just wrote all over me, advertising all sorts of mental illness and instability
Summer sucks
It would be cool(?) if I saw or met someone with scars, always feel alone in it

this makes me feel like an angry female who was just raped and is planning her revenge (castration)

MCR, Asking Alexandra, Fall Out Boy, the list goes on...

Asking Alexandria is terrible

Still no point in simply hurting yourself other than the endorphin rush that comes with it, bit in that case why not just do drugs and enjoy the chemical waves in your mind

this
never self harmed to music but i've overdosed to music a few times and i can't enjoy those songs/bands really and i spend a few minutes laughing at myself when i try

you're going to regret those scars later but you already know this and may even be trying to fuck your future self up, like i was

you can try swapping out your cutting addiction with a sex addiction or a drug/alcohol addiction like other anons have suggested - it's really effective but i don't recommend it

I say don't cut just fucking do it, no worries man just gone.

>$$$

I agree, most music that people who cut listen to is shit.

People who cut do it out of attention

Completely, I should know I did it excessively and I wouldn't have admitted it then it was totally because I wasn't getting the attention I thought I deserved. I regret it quite a bit but the only thing I can do is tattoos.

Yeah it still counts

lol

There is, but that's besides the point. Anyone able to be addicted to self harm WILL get addicted to heroin, if they begin to try it, you moron.

he'll be fine

oh i couldnt give less of a fuck about op

why are you being a self-righteous cunt, then?