ITT: post your state and what you hate about it in a musical perspective

ITT: post your state and what you hate about it in a musical perspective.

>Tennessee
>Your only options are buttfuck country or hardcore ghetto rap

>Georgia
>Nothing really, maybe too much buttcountry

ayyye lmao, OP here. im in ga right now. where im staying there is a toooon of ghetto ass rap. like shit you have to look deep for

Queensland.

Too much indie shit.

Wisconsin. It's actually varied. If you live in the rural region it's butt country, if you live in the urban regions it's mostly trap and hip hop, and in the suburbs and little towns you got either shitty metalcore, pop punk or EDM. With a little bit of surface level indie shit. I knew like one guy who browsed Sup Forums and liked the shit I did, but he gone.

Minnesota
Dude Prince lmao

America, too much rap and country

>summerfest will never start booking cool indie rock bands

I've never actually been to summerfest. How bad is it usually?

>America
>Bunch of whiny untalented fucks whining about no options because they themselves are too scared to start something

>Midwestern state
>Everyone is retarded and all the women are ugly

I don't even mind Price worship.
>Dude Rhymesayers duuuuuuuuude Atmosphere Brother Ali Doomtree dae conscious rap??

>South FL
>Fucking reggaeton everywhere

Indiana: country, butt rock ala Five Finger Death Punch, local 'hardcore' scenes, and mainstream rap. It hurts. The only musicians the state produced was John Mellencamp and Michael Jackson and his family

>New York
Elite music state desu, I'm from Buffalo though and not many great musicians are from this part of the state

CA

ska

>too poor to start something
Ftfy

>Florida
>Trap Rap, buttcountry, or people who are the """"""""new Americana"""""""""

wait seriously? I live in Tampa but I never head down south, is it that bad?

I have never heard people mention Atmosphere and Eyedea & Abilities, I only just found out they were from MN a few months ago

>Louisisana, New Orleans

This place is great in terms of music

>Name something bad about mucic culture in L.A.
>You can't

you dont need a huge wad of cash to play music with your mates and do local gigs
there is no excuse you can come up with

Long Island, NY

Fucking Billy Joel, and Hair Rock.

Its a lot of fun to go to, but its mostly a mix of mainstream alternative, country and old people music, with a bit of rap thrown in. They go super broad to attract large crowds, They get a few cool acts very year, I just see all the lineups for the more famous festivals and there are all sorts of cool lesser known bands i'd be interested in seeing that Summerfest just doesn't get. They got fucking 800,000 people to go this year though so its working out ok for them

>New Jersey
>Bruce Springsteen

Smug cunts like you.

I've tried to start a band, but everyone's either too busy, already in a band, or don't want to play the same music I do.

Yeah I go to FIU which is in the smack dab center of South Miami so when you're surrounded by cubanos it tends to get like that

dude that's literally the best state

NSW

too many shitty local hardcore/metalcore scenes

>Massachusetts
I hate nothing about it: The entire state (especially Western MA) has punk, noise, and indie rock spread around, so I can't complain. Except Cape Cod. There isn't shit at Cape Cod.

I've got friends in Buffalo and they speak of a wild punk scene up there. Are you into it / is it on your radar?

I can see that

it sucks cause in Tampa it's mostly suburbs and a lot of white people unless your by the university mall, so you get a bunch of rich people talking about g eazy or future

its horrible

>Southern Connecticut
>Jam bands, jam bands, and wannabe rappers
there's a couple rappers i've seen that are legit fun performing and make cool music but theres so many high school kids that have soundclouds filled with crappy beats that you can barely hear their voice over. also like everyone worships jam bands here

california

my gay faggot ass brother listens to sia all day every day

you should fuck him

theres some cool local indie/garage bands but most of the bands that come from ct are from up north which feels like a totally different state

>tfw live in tampa also

Haha I've been to St. Petersburg before and from the scene there I could definitely see that being the case.

I'm from Minneapolis, that shit is constant. Additional overrated bands include Trampled by Turtles and Poliçia

>Kansas
>Tim McGraw and other various modern country artists
>shitty folk music about corn

where at dawg

st. pete has a bunch of assholes but some genuinely cool people who know about music

now what really sucks is that in ybor city there used to be a bunch of clubs for jazz, soul etc. but that all got closed so that sucks

I can see that

>Connecticut
>There is nothing here except bullshit emo and once you're decent you have to move out to actually get anywhere.

>also like everyone worships jam bands here
Why is this? Like literally every band in this state that I've played with is some bullshit jam band.

>tfw st pete

Do we all know each other...

>Michigan

Techno was created here and it's the worst genre to ever exist.

>but most of the bands that come from ct are from up north which feels like a totally different state
It is.

There is fuck all up in the north.

>PA, Pittsburgh
there's a surprisingly good punk/hardcore scene here but mostly it's just butt rock and country

>>Techno was created here and it's the worst genre to ever exist.
I hate you

>21 pilots

ooops, sorry everyone

>Virginia

I live in the northern part of the state near D.C. (Southern VA is mostly country, with the occasional DMB or Lamb of God thrown in.)
People listen to a fairly wide range of music here, and you can talk to people about any genre if you find the right person--that's not what bothers me. Overall, it's just not a very "artistic" area. People move here primarily to give or take money from the government, and a lot of them seem to think of art as a distraction from real life, a passing entertainment between serious things. If you want to see any creative activity, you have to go into the District, which is much cooler.

not sure, i know around here gathering of the vibes is a huge thing every year for a lot of people and thats mostly built around jam bands. crazy tho how many people love that stuff
i feel like emo in northern ct must be like folk punk in arizona just complete over saturation
i love driving through but theres literally no connecticut. the farthest kid i knew growing up was from cheshire

I can just say the city on this one
>South Side of Chicago
>Everyone wants to be a ghetto rapper

Oh, and also, west and east of the CT river are more like this desu.

Victoria
Far worse indie here

why does ohio do everything wrong

Lutz
Used to live near HCC

>i feel like emo in northern ct must be like folk punk in arizona just complete over saturation

Yes, I don't really care for emo, I'm glad that fad passed after the 2000s. Jeromes Dream was enough.

Michigan/Alaska

Michigan is/was pretty good for music I guess but Alaska is shit

>jeromes dream was enough
thats sick did you get to see them live growing up?

The 102.1 stage used to have some pretty good acts. Over the years I've seen Steve Miller Band, Peter Frampton, Moody Blues, MGMT, Walk the Moon, Diplo, A-Trak, Ludacris, Sublime, Cake Smash Mouth, Violent Femmes and probably more all on side stages. The down side is that it usually ends up being a lot of drunk angry parents that get pissed when they walk into you and spill their beer.

No, I wasn't into emo other than maybe around 2005 but it was all OG stuff.

Industrial, goth rock, and black metal were more appealing to me.

I think the bigger problem with CT, at least in the north and the east parts of the state is that there aren't all that many decent places to play, and western Mass tends to siphon from here because they have decent venues around the Springfield/Amherst/Northhampton area, and a better scene too.

you ever see jon bap?

this is a pretty accurate description of people in nova. the dmv in general though seems to have endorsed the new age of rappers like lil yatchy. that's the only real consistent music trend here right now.

>Denver Co
pretty much all the ndie bands here suck and the Underground Music Showcase is a fucking joke. The headliners are always so lame.

Better go shoot up a school or movie theater

you're fucked up man

Suburban Michigan in Metro Detroit, ton of trap rap, almost no country, RnB and pop also popular. Pretty much nothing else people listen to here.

Georgia has a pretty big metal scene too

>Phoenix AZ

hard to explain. a lot of trash sjw bands, generic shoegaze, punk, shitty rappers who just want to move to LA, and sweat. holy shit the amount of sweat.

Southern California

Everyone's a pleb and all of the good experimental shit is from NorCal. I've lived in Orange County, the high desert, and Riverside and there's no defined music scene as far as I can tell. They're pretty much just in LA I guess. I fucking hate going to LA though.

>still listens to the radio
pleb
you do realize, that the entire music spectrum is available on the device you're using to complain about a lack of musical choices, right?

>from New Jersey
>Hates on Springsteen instead of the ear molestation that is Bon Jovi

I dunno what part of Kansas you live in but mine listens to way worse country than Tim McGraw (Luke Bryan, etc.) and I can't remember the last time I've heard corn mentioned in a song. Fuckin hate that state steriotype.

France
Commercial music...

Near Lawrence, actually. Our town has a bunch of weird folk music and shit, we actually have festivals. And one of the songs they play is actually about corn. Seriously though, all the country music where I live is total shit...not even classics like Johnny Cash, just modern simple chords with shit for lyrics

>Vienna, Austria
>virtually every independent band with potential trying to shape their sound to fit into airplay of the one major local indie radio station (FM4)

>Atlanta

Nothing really, enough bands I like stop by sometimes, and the scene is pretty diverse

Oshkosh has a pretty decent skate punk/surf rock scene.

>Michigan

We used to have lots of shoegaze and ska. Now its shitty parent-core adult contemporary "folk" music and mediocre jam bands.

>Ontario
>LET'S LISTEN TO LMFAO ON THE WAY TO THE FLORIDA GEORGIA LINE CONCERT

oh god, I feel sorry for you, but on the bright side you canucks have corb lund

>Kansas City
A buttload of talented local music but the the only alternative radio station plays shit like the 1975 and glass animals

denver is the same way, we have a few not well listened to indie stations and the one main station every artist wants to get on.

Ayy I know exactly which station you're talking about. Do you live near Overland Park?

Mmmmaybe

fuck i need to get my band out to Oshkosh, Chicago has a "Dirty Doo Wop" scene but no one is adding any sort of aggression or grit to it

>Vermont
>literally no scene for anything except old white people playing bluegrass

leaving for college in New York in a month thank christ

>north carolina
Nothing but new """"country""" and second rate rap.
>tfw no Asheville black metal scene

I GOT BROADS IN ATLANTA!!!!!

on speed right now
dunno probably that i don't like to listen to nothing but high tempo electronic music

Agreed. It's becoming a bit over saturated on the Southside.

minneapolis was cool like 16 years ago but where I live it's classic country which is cool but also butt country

This!!!! Omg i hate california's shit taste

Oregon

Not enough twee