Uncle Joe
Blindfold
Medicine Bottle
>best lyric

>ghost

>birds of film
>dogs
>carry me ohio

>I walked her drunk ass back to her room and like a gentleman I didn't TRYYYYYYY

>Universal Themes or RHP 2
>Michael, The Possum, Dogs
>idk

>Stadium Arcadium
>give it away now, the bridge, californication
>DREAM OF CALIFORNAICAITON

kek

Down Colorful Hill

Headsore
Lord Kill The Pain
Between Days

Saw SKM a month ago in glasgow, it was alright but really long and they only played one song from his early career - glenn tipton. He got some skank from the crowd to sing I Got You Babe with him and a bald old guy to hold a phone with lyrics and the skank couldnt sing for shit but the old geezer had incredible pipes and carried the song.

im.ezgif.com/tmp/aa30021f04.webm
mfw

Her mom was gone, we were listening to Dogs
She reached down my pants and discovered I was bald
And when I touched her down there she was blossoming and soft
And the next day in school she ignored me in the hall

At least he played Glenn Tipton for you guys. When I saw him he didn't play anything pre Benji. Had Neil Halstead playing guitar for him tho which was awesome

What's the best SKM song and why is it Lost Verses?

>not Duk Koo Kim.

>fav album
universal themes
>top 3 songs
duk koo kim
with a sort of grace i walked to the bathroom to cry
fragile
>best lyric
unsure

did they play his rendition of 'somewhere over the rainbow'? my god it's so bad
their new song 'me-we' has to be the worst thing they've done so far. hopefully it stays the fuck away from the new record

>Blindfold
whats that from

It's always Duk Koo Kim lads, but it better be the live version

Bridge

its birds of films lad

>dch

>michael
>21
>smokey

all of michael for lyrik

what sun kil moon should i listen to ive only heard ghosts and benji thought theyre both p good

Blindfold is so fucking amazing. I remember my jaw literally dropping when the ending section began.

>when it goes from "alone..alone..alone" to "RAAAAAAAAH"

>Fav album

Rollercoaster and Old Ramon

>top 3 songs

as of right now: Cruiser, Mistress, and Make like Paper

>best lyric

There's the sun going down
Creating that fluorescent glow
Reminding me I'll never be able
To relive this day except in memory

Im not super familiar the the post-RHP work

Michael has such good lyrics

Also Universal Themes brah

>Rollercoaster

>Duk Koo Kim
>Strawberry Hill
>Moments

>The light color in the room
>The sunshine seeping in
>Doesn't mix with the black of
>Death's angel looming in

What's everybody thinking of the new song? I'm really digging it, I've got a feeling the new album is gonna be amazing.

>Fav Album
Rollercoaster
>top 3 songs
Grace Cathedral Park
Medicine Bottle
Sí, Paloma

It's always Birds of Flims lad but it better be the Universal Themes version. That reverb heavy guitar is Beee-U-tea-full. UT has some amazing parts just scattered throughout that really make it worth listening.

One of my only wishes for that album was that the bridge (?) of Garden of Lavender was extended or repeated. Probably my favorite moment of the album since it perfectly matches the sober digestion of his simple surroundings

>What's everybody thinking of the new song? I'm really digging it, I've got a feeling the new album is gonna be amazing.

the vocals aren't really grabbing me, but I really really like the interplay of the guitar and drums, it sounds really great

>UT has some amazing parts just scattered throughout that really make it worth listening.

completely agree. As a whole record, I feel like it isn't amazing, but there are some really jaw dropping segments on it

the bridge of Gardens of Lavender with the picked guitars in the background and the climbing vocal melody is incredible

>UT has some amazing parts just scattered throughout that really make it worth listening.
This so much

This

Plus, it's great to see Mark's sense of humor have it's own chance to entertain us. The little stories contained within "I'm Indian" is endearing
>so what do you want to do when you grow up?
>It's okay, take a minute
>...
>so what do you want to do when you grow up, it's been a minute

Honestly I still don't think Mark has released his greatest album yet. And that's not to say each of his albums aren't great in their own way but this dude is just so full to the brim with experience and stories that I can't shake this feeling.

Like, if he managed to blend the beauty, humor, emotions and overall songwriting of his albums so far, the dude could easily end up making some grand magnum opus equivalent to Infinite Jest. I mean, Kozelek more than anyone has the potential to make this kind of Grand album full of characters and trivia that I can only hope we get to see fully realized

tl;dr Universal Jest Themes when

>favorite album
Rollercoaster

>top 3 songs
Down Colorful Hill
Grace Cathedral Park
Carissa

>best lyric
The whole of Carissa

definetely ben's my friend. that song does so much shit for me it's hard to even capacitate, his singing, the meditative guitar, and that spicy ah sax.

it's good

>Honestly I still don't think Mark has released his greatest album yet

oh definitely. I think that he can certainly create something the rival the all time greats. What does worry me though, is that instead of really putting everything he has into one incredible culminating record, he's instead going to follow the Universal Themes approach where its moments of brilliance intertwined with moments of lesser music. He's been releasing so much music so fast, it would be interesting to see him slow down the album cycle and spend a few years on one record.

>it would be interesting to see him slow down the album cycle and spend a few years on one record.
Praying for this

Why doesn't April get any love?

Because it's the underrated masterpiece. I don't mind, especially when I'm having a conversation with another senpai. The moment you can collectively gush over April is when you know this person is in it for more than just Benji.

Again, what is his best song and why is it Lost Verses?

good selection m8.

>control f: gustavo
>no results found

smdh tbqh

dude Lily and Parrots lmao

Absolutely! It's his most cohesive album in my opinion. It's insane to me that it's mentioned so rarely.

it's great but tends to drag in the middle and I say that as a dedicated slowcore-fan.

best album
down colorful hill

best songs
down colorful hill
shock me

best lyric
And I thought at fifteen that I'd have it down by sixteen
And twenty-four keeps breathing in my face

>Fav album
Down Colorful Hill... the demo tape is even better though
>top 3 songs
Medicine Bottle
Japanese to English
>best lyric
Medicine Bottle

Yeah, i find it funny that he's written songs like Heron Blue where it wouldn't make me lose a hair of sleep if it was shortened but if I Saw the Film the Song Remains the Same was altered in any way then I'd probably write Mark one of those lengthy letters about how it changed my life and what not.

I bet a good number of you have heard Kozelek & Desertshore from 2013, but this one is better imo (and it doesn't have mark's name attached so you might not have heard it)

youtube.com/watch?v=2LNtflPamok

youtube.com/watch?v=cPXCuMd7fIU

I like SKM but I can't stand Red house painters

what the hell

what the hell indeed.

Not only are they of a different style but the polar differences in vocals alone is understandable enough for this