Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Hl3pmz9VTw
youtube.com/watch?v=bX9CvhbfQgg
youtube.com/watch?v=nFT31hiEbPI
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Bj4_895Pg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no

It is tbqh

Never listened to Travis Scott's Rodeo. What to expect? I keep hearing it's like the best trap album ever...First track seems interesting enough. Definitely seems like he gears his stuff towards fans of Kanye. Seems like he has a very heavy Kanye style to his flow and presentation.

nightcrawler is the best track, that's all you need to know

SESH

90210 and Oh My Dis Side are much better

How does any of this qualify as "trap"?

you said best track, 90210 and OMDS are better tracks :^)

Love it, but I dont think it's trap

It's like black justin bieber shit

>black justin bieber shit
explain

I'm not the guy who said it was the best track, I am just genuinely curious as to why people call Rodeo a "trap" record. Cause it isn't.

i think it's a start but there will be artists that take the things this album has done right and build on it, at least thats what I want to believe

Well I feel like he gets influenced a lot by bieber's music and singing.

It's all been downhill since Days Before Rodeo.

>Definitely seems like he gears his stuff towards fans of Kanye. Seems like he has a very heavy Kanye style to his flow and presentation.

90210 wouldn't be out of place on 808s and Heartbreak

Also this and Oh My Dis Side (the last half of which I'm about 99% sure is literally just the same melody as the hook in Headlines)

le rattling hi-hats

this isn't trap

Lurking this thread. A lot of you have mentioned it isn't trap. Can you please recommend a good album that you feel IS trap?

Hucci is the best trap artist you can find

Best trap rap album and the best song on it isn't even trap.

he doesn't disappoint,always releasing catchy tracks

youtube.com/watch?v=4Hl3pmz9VTw

what you guys think about purple lamborghini? is skrill out of touch with real trap?
youtube.com/watch?v=bX9CvhbfQgg

Travis Scott is most definitely not trap. It's too melodic and there isn't enough hard hitting percussion.

youtube.com/watch?v=nFT31hiEbPI

rodeo is the worst fucking shit ive ever heard the only good thing about the album is the first 20 seconds of piss on your grave

Trap music, as I understand it, is usually at about 140 BPM and played in half time with the high hats rolling in sixteenth notes and triplets. The percussion usually consists of 808 subs, pumping kicks, wood block hits with rim shots, and usually minor scale melodical progressions that are usually fairly repetitive but work well with the half time beat because they're usually played in quarter notes. Lyrics generally consist of drug dealing, cooking crack, gang violence, you know, shit that would take place in a trap house. It generally has a dark atmosphere and mood to it, isn't usually very upbeat or "happy" if you will.

Thanks for responding, but you are merely describing the characteristic "trap beat". It has been repeated to me time and time again that "trap music" is different from "hip hop with trap-style beats". Do you know of any such music? Like actual artists/albums you can throw down?

its not trap my mans. One of the best albums of 2015 though

Hearing him perform Nightcrawler live was another level entirely

Young Thug
Gucci Mane
21 Savage
Future
Lil Uzi
Playboi Carti
Juicy J
3 6 Mafia
YFN Lucci
Young Dolph
Yo Gotti
Dae Dae
Kodak Black

any project by these guys is considered trap.

seems like a new genre in itself tbqh. I think it could catch on. Skrillex x The Game song is pretty good too.

this. That Quavo verse on Oh My really showed me how much potential the guy really has. Impossible and Apple Pie are also some of my other favorites

That's not Gucci Mane - Dinner

this is real trap

What you call a "trap" beat was trap music before the term was hijacked by Flosstradamus and other EDM musicians who started using trap beat stylings to make electronic dance music which they then called trap exclusively. The term has been hijacked, most definitely.

The answer you're looking for though since you're clearly not referring to hip-hop when you say trap:

Baauer
Flosstradamus
Major Lazer
RL Grime

I really don't think 3 6 or Juicy J are trap music...

I don't think people understand what a trap actually is or where trap music literally came from. The term was hijacked by white kids to describe EDM with the same percussive stylings as actual trap music. I remember when the split started happening and now there's a mess of confusion.

>The answer you're looking for though since you're clearly not referring to hip-hop when you say trap:
No, if trap originally describes hip hop, then that is what I'm looking for. An accurate definition of what is trap.

Your post clears a lot up for me actually and makes me understand the source of my confusion, I appreciate it.

Great explanation

Only song I like from Rodeo is Maria I'm Drunk and it's just because of that dank ass beat

>It's too melodic and there isn't enough hard hitting percussion.
>what is experimentation

says the 21 savage fan

NO

ITT

What about EDM trap. How the fuck is it all related to this and what are the characteristics

its not related

> is this the peak of nigger music

All things considered, yeah. It isn't my personal favorite, but it is the most artful expression of the genre

This is one of the best albums release last year. I can't wait for BITTSM.

Also, Pick Up the Phone is a great song.

haha, i've always thought the same thing

travis scott, khalifa, future, gates

they all for schoolkids. theres nothing wrong with that, they makin $$but it is what it is. no fans over 20

Days Before Rodeo mixtape is better imo

I've been listening to Maria I'm Drunk on youtube since they took it off spotify, and I just realized it's slowed down by 25%. Album version just sounds weird now, the slowed-down one is fucking dope

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Bj4_895Pg

The logical conclusion of vaportrap

dis side is probably my favorite song from the album, maria i'm drunk is pretty underrated too...

That shit is not the peak of anything, except maybe a pile of thrash.

This is my least favorite opinion out of all opinions