/daily/ - Fish Does a Weed Edition

We're all going to die. None of this matters.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn), post memes, don't talk about music, argue about opinions, fight with other generals, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>topsters that works

topsters.net/
>working?????

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>plug is snug

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>hipster plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our secret Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, smoke weed

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/X-Dream-Troy-30-Cortex-X-T-C-EP/release/394192
youtube.com/watch?v=OriSm8tUgi4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Fishmans

first for seaweed

Delete /daily/
Ban /daily/ posters

same

>Me is a meadow meal
What did they mean by this?

6th for Hsiou Hsiao Hsien is the best asian cinematograph

Have you guys compiled a list of your favorite albums from 2010s?

What about from 2016 so far?

Why Can't I Not Like Carrots?

>do tourneys (unless if you're Jangle, in which case they will crash and burn)
This is my favorite long-running joke

wow, cometonabus sure is slow.

I'm still waiting for Delroy Edwards and Angel Olsen to drop their goats off at the /daily/ house so I can't definitively claim an AOTY until I hear them.

I want to smoke weed but none of my contacts are available, neither are my stoner friends.
Music for this feeling

Not sure, will probably get round to making a list of my fav albums by decade on RYM eventually.

I've hardly listened to any new music this year. A few that I've liked are
Fat White Family - Songs For Our Mothers
Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
Charles Bradley - Changes
Parquet Courts - Human Performance
Dinosaur Jr - Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not

Just got a gold Casio watch lads. Makes me look like I own a used car dealership.

For every year

>2010
The Books - The Way Out

>2011
東京酒吐座 - Crystallize

>2012
Holograms - s/t

>2013
Melt-Banana - Fetch

>2014
DJ Rozwell - NONE OF THIS IS REAL

>2015
The Pop Group - Citizen Zombie

>2016
Even Oxen - Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights
or
Fishmans - LONG SEASON '96~7 96.12.26 AKASAKA BLITZ

All of Asia? There's Big Al Weerasethakul, Yang, Kurosawa, Ozu and plenty more to contest that.

HHH hasn't done quality work since early 90s.

>Number one Fishmans fan almost dies trying to save some drowning weed

Pottery.

Doe Maar - Nederwiet
just to rub it in :^)
>Tokyo Shoegazer
Interesting, it's certainly got some great tracks (mainly the first 3), but what makes it stand out to you as AOTY?

Snap me a pic of that watch bb, I wanna see the magic of a fish salesman

just stubbed my toe
music for this feel

Murmuüre - Murmuüre
Soulja Boy - Juice
Spaceghostpurrp - blackland raido 66.6
Diapsiquir - ANTI
LUM - Mista Thug Isolation
Chief Keef - Back From the Dead
Ruff Sqwad - White Label Classics
宇波拓、佳村萠と秋山徹次 - Hontatedori
Iceage - You're Nothing
Young Thug - 1017 Thug
Chief Keef - Almighty So
DJ Rashad - Double Cup
Sicko Mobb - Super Saiyan Vol.1
Ola Playa - Slime Season
SD - Truly Blessed
PIKA - Ryû no Sumika
Chief keef & DP beats - Almighty DP
Hijokaidan x Jun Togawa - Togawakaidan

The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead
[1986]

It took me a while to get comfortable with this album. Sometimes you hear a piece of music and you can't really follow everything that happens, as if too many things are happening together and nothing really sticks. Some people might attribute that to the music being bland, but I felt the same when listening to the smiths s/t for the first time and after a while things got clearer and it's in my all time favs. So I just kept pushing while the guitar riffs and and morrissey's voice tried to make sense together in my mind, and i can now say I love the record. I'll attribute the whole inaccessible feel to the mixing, which is not bad by itself but very initially off-putting to people who don't have the patience required. My favourite track is Bigmouth Strikes Again, it's so ridiculous and catchy AND ridiculously catchy. The album is going straight to my "medicine music" shelf.

!
yes is next

Well today is a new beginning for me! Once i finish through World Class Manufacturing, and read Leviathan i'm going to check your book recs. What is a Good reading album? Something to put me in the mood?
Become straight edge
I don't get it
I'm slower. I actually don't want to start the 2nd round because i forgot what triangle's rec was

I can only think of one track I'm not super fond of, but I'm really not that much of a shoegaze boy, but it has a lot of incredible pop melodies imo, and the length-y post-rock-y feel of some tracks like "Bright" and "Back to My Place" only cement my enjoyment of it even more.

sent ;^)

I need to review this sometime, I have a lot to say.

i miss cometonabus tbqh

I've never got the inaccessible feeling from The Smiths but I'm glad you managed to find a way to like them. It's great pop music, Marr's riffs are so catchy. and Bigmouth being the best is the correct opinion btw.

What's your snap Bear?
Don't worry I only send dick pics to sshx.

Then again, I don't have many others I would consider for 2011 "best" contenders other than perhaps Twin Fantasy or Lee Noble

Haven't updated this thing in damn near a month but here we go

>The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
Strawwberry Fields Forever is lowkey among the best tracks they've ever done and this album in general suffers way less from having idiotic filler tracks like Sgt. Peppers, making it a better album. I personally never cared much for Hello Goodbye and All You Need Is Love, but otherwise it's remarkably consistent psych pop. Perhaps my favourite of theirs thus far. 3.0

>Sparks - Kimono My House
What a ridiculous fucking album with those over-the-top vocals and those gaudy guitars and that general overly theatrical style... but it's kinda fun, innit? It's kinda like what I imagine Queen sounds like to people who like Queen more than I like Queen, if that makes any sense. 3.0+

>Kraftwerk - Autobahn
The title track is a 22-minute electro-kraut epic and that alone should be enough reason to listen to this album. The rest ain't too shabby either. I feel like this is the point where Kraftwerk reached a nice balance between a sort of proto-ambient music and more poppy elements, enough melodies to make it memorable, but allowing itself a fair amount of experimentation. Boundary-pushing for its time and still very much something you should ehck out. 3.5

>PJ Harvey - Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea
First PJ album I can wholeheartedly like. Its clean-produced alt rock style makes it very much feel like a product of its time, but it's definitely good enough of an album with enough variety to make me like it - usually I'm not too big on that whole alt rock thing, Radiohead being the exception. Speaking of which, Thom Yorke has a feature on a track here, which means bonus points because 15-year old me is still alive inside of me, somewhere. Aside from that track, the bookend tracks and the melancholy Horses In My Dreams are standout tracks, whereas the rest is serviceable stuff that I won't necessarily return to very often, but am perfectly fine with listening to. Good album overall. 3.0-

>The Beach Boys - The Smile Sessions
So had this been successfully released during the 60s, this would have been the proof that Beach Boys > Beatles, but that never happened. There aren't many real standout tracks on this album besides the obvious (Heroes and Villains, Good Vibrations, Surf's Up), but the way all the tracks seamlessly segue into each other and how everything's just a bit weirder and more daring than the other famous psych pop of the time. People liek to compare the Olivia Tremor Control with The Beatles, but if anything, it feels like that band had something like this album in mind moreso than a Beatles album. 3.5-

yaaaaay

Spooky Fools
King Krule s/t
Uneven Compromise
Now while it's still warm let us pour in all the misery
Time Machines II
The Ark Work
Arrayed Above the Seraphim Lights or Gensho

>go out to have some good wine
>literally everything is occupided by locals that are watching a female memeball game between France and Canada
>the only bar that is not full is an Afghan joint
>no wine
>mfw

At least I have some beeru and I can still listen to some French cover band butcher Come Together outside, so I guess all is good.

why would you go to a bar to have good wine
unless its a wine bar obv

>Afghan bar in France
RIP doggo

ye, there is a wine bar right across from me but it is completely packed
lolz I'm actually perfectly fine in an Afghan bar, we're like neighbors and shit. All they do there is waste their money on lottery tickers so it is boring.

where you staying @

some medieval looking hotel in Auxerre

This Wire Tapper thing is pretty great

>lottery tickers
THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TICK
RUN

was it your intention to stay at Auxerre out of all places?

work
>TICK
>RUN
>Tickrun
>Teheran
nice

For starters
lewd

It is believed that jangle once started a tourney but historians debate this and it's current status remains a spook

Hey that's ironic, so do i!
Snap is beeefheeeart

now send me suggestive snaps

>MMT is Termy's favorite so far
You're doing it right

>Tom Waits - Bonemachine
Like the other 2 Waits albums I've listened to this album never grabbed me but I can't say I disliked it. I don't know if it's the way he jumps between styles (he almost went a bit Springsteen in this one at one point) or that he has this subdued atmosphere throughout all his albums. I know it's not a competition but I'll take Nick Cave for my dark, intimidating poetman. 3/5

>The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour
I love The Fall, Mark E Smith's ranting and raving, the jangling mess of the guitar and great bass lines. I need to get round to listening to the rest of their back catalogue one day. 4.5/5

gold Casio bros 4 lyfe

>King Krule not highest
>Not even highest king
Ugh

i missed the snapchat circlejerk a while back so mine is "natk-ingcole" if anybody wants to add me and spam me with nudes

year by year
>2010
deerhunter - halcyon digest or angel olsen - strange cacti
>2011
little kid - logic songs
>2012
james ferraro - live at primavera sound 2012
>2013
ichiko aoba - 0
>2014
khun narin electric phin band - s/t
>2015
v/a - music of tanzania
>2016
even oxen - arrayed above the seraphim lights

I added you lad pls confirm and look at my snap.
I'm cgiblackguy ;)

>2010
Jonny Greenwood - Norwegian Wood
>2011
Massive Attack vs Burial - Four Walls / Paradise Circus
(if album probably Swiss Mountain Transport Systems)
>2012
The Seer
>2013
Either November or Célimène Daudet's performance of Art Of Fugue. Like Clockwork was fantastic too.
>2014
Time Machines II
>2015
After Seijaku
>2016
Moenai Hai

Listening to The Wire Taper and realizing how much good and interesting music there is that's mildly obscure (most of the stuff wasn't on RYM or other sites where I usually can find my music) has made me realize once again how fuccen big the music world is and how I'll never hear hundreds of hours of music I would love.

This feeling hit me once I started listening to music more ""seriously""""" and I expect this to happen again, the stuff that The Wire puts out to promote on this comp isn't obscure by the true meaning of that word.

Imagine how much good music you're missing right now because you'll never come across it or it isn't being recorded or uploaded to the internet.

>Imagine how much good music you're missing right now because you'll never come across it or it isn't being recorded or uploaded to the internet.
The thought does come to me every now and then but I've reconciled this with the idea that quality >>>>[[[powergap]]]]>>> quantity.

The fact is that I've found any music to love at all so I love as much as I can for as long as I can. I really do think that's where /daily/ plays such a crucial role to our lives. With that in mnd, at the very least we're looking for that music and that's good enough for me.

it just isn't THAT good

I get that feeling quite often.

On the flip side I also start thinking I should stop chasing all this new music, sometimes I feel like I don't appreciate the albums I already love often enough. It's a difficult balance.

yeah I've discovered music I doubt I'd ever have heard through posting here.

Nope, but I should. Fav album of 2016 is Gensho tho

post collages

Previous roll: 67
>John Fahey - Guitar Vol. 4 (The Great San Bernardino Birthday Party and Other Excursions)
Excellent - this is my favorite Fahey record and probably most of you agree. Essential

Roll number 15
Rolled so far:
29, 65, 40, 62, 23, 96, 03, 18, 50, 60,
71, 98, 00, 67

Please give replacement rec

My taste has been steadily depatricifying for a long time but i think i have hit a new low

>Beach House
Oh dear.

discogs.com/X-Dream-Troy-30-Cortex-X-T-C-EP/release/394192

Tbf I haven"t really listened to a lot other than Car Seat Headrest so that Beach House album only counts for 2 scrobbles

Thanks

Teen Dream is good. Bloom ain't that bad either.

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Beach Houe, Wild Nothing
>++Galaxie 500, Cocteau Twins
Please listen to Tamaryn, Benoit Pioulard, His Name is Alive and Dif Juz

noted. what's wrong with Wild Nothing though you poop

I should like Beach House being into shoegazey dream pop shit but I just don't. The most memorable song by them is a Daniel Johnston cover. I might give Teen Dream a go, I found them through a mate giving me a USB with Devotion and Bloom then never bothered with it.

that jim o'rourke picture is maybe my favorite picture of any musician ever

i hope you roll The Amazing New Electronic Pop Sound soon, i don't think anyone else here has listened to it and i wanna see what you think about it.

Yeah it looks interesting - I may decide to grab some of these without rolling...

It's as bad as Beach House.
Lifeless and saccharine

My snap is noisegrinddeath if anyone else wants it

ree

Is that the Jean Jacques whatever album?

>My snap is noisegrinddeath if anyone else wants it

*crickets*

i tried finding one of my prev lists in the archive but n. TAW, Seven Idiots or Shaking the Habitual are AOTD tho
personal AOTY is either PW or Sport - Slow

i kinda wanna make a rym just for the sake of having one of those "here's a couple albums i think deserve more ears listening"-lists, having that all in one steady place, even if it'd honestly just be a handful of releases at this point i think. idk, unrelated

still gotta hear the trish meme

looks the same as always
i like some stuff on crcr and tm&a

*chilled out and sweet

Bojack's s3e4 soundtrack is amazing and the episode is even better, anyone knows who composed it by any chance?

I agree with my brother here, Wild Nothing (at least their last album) had nothing going for it besides being inoffensive, marketable, and well-produced (qualities that are fine in and of themselves but don't make much for a memorable listening experience)

no idea but prepare for feels.

I recently found out that the last Archer season was scored by JGT. Weird.

I read on a thread there is a picture of a /daily/ meetup, is that true?

yeah, add that to the drone list if you'd like

>he never seen the Le Guess Who meetup pic
wew kankerino

Meetup in Italy when?

No i haven't. I bet it has a lot of insults, like the ones that are normally made with other meetup pics

as soon as you post a decent festival to attend
id be down down there
i forgot what the one herb suggested was

how do i /daily/

probably club2club

I'll be away tho :(

Well I thought it was rather normal. Would definitely go for another meet up if I have time.

Yup, it's club2club. I'm going if you're interested.

I'm still hoping for that Bojack and Charlotte thing :(

Don't tell me what to do

I will tho.
Fair warning, I'm not big on space age pop

well have "fun" watching it
post when you finish the season with thoughts

I love this picture. You can pinpoint who is who even if you haven't looked at pictures of them which i find to be hilarious.
>Girl/guy is misha
I have to mention Misha looks specially cute here props to that
>Aesthetica shirt is too obvious
>Rudi and Dog always post face so eh
>Tthe other 3 are probably triangle, Co, S or Nyar

neither am i really, but that album just hits me on a special level.

it's more straight up psych pop than space age pop anyway.

from left to right its Jenkins (RIP), Term, Trans God, Doggy, Mish, Thomas, and Rudi

the smug aura term exudes i think is pretty telling

depends more on anything other than the lineup honestly, though it does look like it should be interesting

Fucking Diane tho

Trianglecubed wins the semifinal!
I have to say I didn't particularly like any of the two albums. The obstinate lo-fi production of Jordaan Mason and the vocals really annoyed me but there were some interesting buildups and a nice use of the saw, very NHM-esque. Still, very derivative.
Micheal Hurley, on the other side, was a bit better, I giggled once or twice during the songs (Werewolf and Jocko's Lament being hilariously funny). I still prefer his collaboration with The Fugs, since The Fugs are the most incredible lineup of idiots I have ever listened to, but I digress.
Now I need and Tuco to give me their last recs, and then I'll announce the prize for this incredibly boring tourney!

>yfw Weird Al played Captain Peanutbutter

>triangle, Co, S or Nyar
kek
>not a single person hardcore shitting all over us
huh
I've heard their last album was kinda trite, listen to this track tho youtube.com/watch?v=OriSm8tUgi4
it's just too dreamy hngg

i am /s/ tho

*scuote la testa in segno di dissenso*

I got a compliment on my Swans shirt today lads.