arrrrrrrrrush and a pushandtheland

that we stand on

is ours

lads

what is the most patrician smiths album

and why is it meat is murder?

It's not, it's the contrarian's choice

the first one by far

Personally I enjoy Rank the most but if you don't consider it an album then I would say The Queen Is Dead, then Strangeways Here We Come, followed by The Smiths and finally Meat Is Murder. There simply aren't many songs I like on MIM. Incidentally it's the only Smith album I own in vinyl

Smiths discography ranked

TQID
Hatful
s/t
SHWC
Louder
MIM
TWWL (which doesn't count here in America)

The Smiths are so much better then Morrissaw.

True

Though the most true patrician of Morrissey's work is Vauxhall And I

Wrong, his solo stuff is better

What about Rank
I'm jealous. MFW I'll probably never see Morrissey live

I find while he is still great solo, the musicmanship is pretty lacking.

I don't usually include live albums when I rank albums, but I'd put it in between MIM and TWWL

True, but Morrissey himself is the deciding factor for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=ylwJJfCUFJk&ab_channel=GambiniUK

I'm jealous too. The only artist that I want to see more than Moz is Bruce Springsteen, and I'm going to see him next month.

He still sounds so good live.
youtube.com/watch?v=M4rP9WTZ0Zo&ab_channel=dmallea

>tfw it was dark when I drove the point home

mark my words, when morrissey drops dead these albums will finally get their rightful due as modern classics

>tfw you had a morrissey quote as your senior quote in the high school yearbook

he does indeed! happy to see that

damn fine song too

there was never any other option

hahaha i love you

What was it?

i was introduced to morrissey's solo stuff by randomly seeing the 'Irish Blood, english Heart" music video on tv at like 3 am when I was probably 16. I had heard The smiths a bit, but never really listened that much. After seeing that video I knew I had to go all in and now he is one of my all time favorites. Saw him live in Pennsylvania. It was amazing. His band is great.

"If you think peace is a common goal, well that goes to show how little you know"

Ringleader of The Tormentors is so underrated

It looks like he has a man bun

youtube.com/watch?v=IxoIRcp3OJc&ab_channel=dmallea
>"I will live my life a i will undoubtedly die, alone. It's true"
Amazing

Favorite lyrics?

>I dreamt about you last night and i fell out of bed twice

Mine was
"I once thought that time accentuates despair, but now i don't actually care"

youtube.com/watch?v=dPA2Dpvbeos&ab_channel=Harno#3ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
Even the B-sides for those albums were amazing

This is the perfect song. The vocals, the lyrics, the guitar, the bass line. Damn.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_T1NE4Q2BI

Unruly boys
Who will not grow up must be taken in hand
Unruly girls
Who will not settle down
They must be taken in hand

A crack on the head
Is what you get for not asking
And a crack on the head
Is what you get for asking

Great choice. I went with a Ferris Bueller quote, which I think turned out pretty well.

There is something I wanted to tell you
It's so funny you'll kill yourself laughing
But then I, I look around
And I remember that I am alone
Alone
For evermore

yea i'm happy with it. I was admittedly pretty edgy and still am about 10 years later

It's not that edgy; at least it wasn't cliched.

at first that comes across as typical morrissey hyperbole but it is not too far a reach desu, even if the possibility dwindles with each person he pisses off or alienates

there are many people who shit on morrissey and marr for being pop classicists, but what these people never seem to understand is that moz has always been so crystal clear about exactly what he wants to do. of course there's not going to be any innovation on a morrissey record; in mozworld, apart from his own albums, pop music practically stops around klaus nomi

instead you get very precise, very clear, driven songs. songs that aren't lost in a haze of uncertainty or dabbling. his catalog isn't perfect, but he knows where his strengths lie, and sometimes that's more dignified than the 'dude endless possibilities lmao' dilettante attitude that permeates much of today's creative thinking (which also seems to have rubbed off on morrissey with list of the lost, an unsurprising failure)

what he has done for music lyricism, well, only dylan can possibly rival him in that department. if the had croaked after, say, wolverhampton 1988, he'd be cobain/hendrix level big

sorry for the long post. i just find him and his position interesting

No problem on the long post, i could talk about Morrissey for hours.

there is no such thing in life as normal

i'm not telling you about my other senior quotes that were top cringe

I'VE SEEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT ON BROADWAY

Go for it. The worst that cab happen is it gets enshrined in /cringe/ for a month.

those arent even his words cmon famm

IN OUR ITALIAN RESTURANT

Billy Joel shitposting needs to become a thing

There's always someone, somewhere with a big nose, who knows.

Morrissey shitposting is amazing

That's cause Morrissey himself has a great sense of humor.

>tfw I have shit taste so What Difference Does It Make is my favourite Smiths song
help

The only way you can have shit taste is if Rubber Ring is your favorite Smiths song

Morrissey and Johnny Marr both say that's the worst Smith song

thats a top 5 smiths song

yuo are sleeping

Mine is either I don't owe you anything or still ill

>What's the sexiest outfit you own
>A grey cardigan
Kek

What was Morrissey's home life like?

first one I think has the best songs but the problem is they were all improved upon in Hatful and other sessions.

More please

>What's the most unusual place you've ever had sex
"In a real bed with a real person"

Kek

its sad morrissey could never top the cure
youtube.com/watch?v=BL_nrQxU-wEstill couldn't make a song better than this

>All human activity is fruitless when pitted against the girls and boys singing on pop television

How true that is. I had to fight off irrational jealously last night when I saw Matt Damon shooting the shit with Jimmy Kimmel last night. I'm usually quite comfortable with my life but for that 15 minutes I couldn't stop thinking about how cool it would be to be Matt Damon and regretting never taking guitar or acting lessons or some other path to stardom.

Last one

YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN LOVE

If you ever want a good read, here's the Q&A Morrissey has done over the years on his website, they're not really as hilarious but insightful none the less.
true-to-you.net/questions_with_answers_from_morrissey

PUNCTURED BICYCLE ON A HILLSIDE DESOLATE

Until you've seen the sunlight thrown over SMASHED human bone

Same

Morrissey quotes are a gifts from the gods

Why do you like Morrissey Sup Forums

memes

Sup Forums's constant shitposting

"I am not automatically impressed with children. I don't sort of gravitate toward the child, and I don't find them fascinating just because they're 3 and bouncing. That to me doesn't warrant any particular attention. And blond curls are absolutely immaterial to me. People have to prove themselves. You can't simply sit in a corner and expect people to be magnetically drawn to you."

Despite the gloom in your songs, there's a lot of humor which people often miss.

"It's people who know *of* me but don't listen to me who have that opinion. I think the audience understands completely. It's really not that I'm a depressing person. It's simply that I'm not a bouncing moron.

Have you ever been offered to write a vegetarian cook book?

Morrissey:"No, but people have often threatened to cook me."

"My sense of humour is still completely misunderstood. I feel much as I ever did: untapped. I'm the strangest living oddity."

Is Morrison gay or asexual?

Asexual

What happened to the idea of an early death?

"Well, there's time. I haven't ruled it out yet." (2006)

IIRC mine was "there's more to life than books, you know, but not much more".

"I remember saying that all pop singers should be shot at 30. The disturbing thing is I actually believed that with all of my heart. But not now, of course. Ah, those were the days."

What are your defence mechanisms?“Sudden illness. It never fails.”

And with that i'm done, if you want to know where i got all those Morrissey quotes go follow on twitter and or Facebook 'Morrissey In Quotes'

Mine was
"They were born and then they lived and then they died, seems so unfair i want to cry"