What's good about this? I don't see how is it innovative or even special

What's good about this? I don't see how is it innovative or even special

time period, man. find something released before that sounds even remotely like it

Listen to more music.

lel bait

>I don't see how it is innovative
well it is
>or even special
i like it

>same thread
>same album
>same cancer

Nice argumentation

I understand that it seems like it, but I'm totaly serious. Damn, I even feel unconfortable posting this because everybody seems to love it and see it like a miracle of the music. I really don't see why is that, I see it like a normal album

What made it special at that time? What was the new thing?

if you cant recognize what it did just by listening to it then you have no right being on this board
>>>/reddit/

Nice argument right there.

Is there someone on this board that understands music that could answer me?

clearly you dont understand music if you cant figure it out yourself

Sure, it seems like it, that's why I need someone that does know to explain me. If you know someone, please tell him to answer me and also to explain you, because you clearly can't do it.

It's innovativef or the time period for sure, but kinda irrelevant at this point. The album lacks great actual songwriting and composition outside its gimmicks so it actually aged pretty awfully. Most people that still think it's great to listen to outside of historical reasons are those who enjoy the easy listening aspect of it and don't want to be challenged by the people that were inspired by the band to actually master the concepts the band initially introduced.

basically
>no VU
>no alternative music

even if someone takes your terrible bait seriously, all you'll do when you get a serious response is disregard everything they say and then act like your such a higher person for recognizing how "bad" the band really is.
fuck off

Good is a matter of opinion. Innovative without a doubt. Lou's lyrical content dealt with depravity, sex, and drugs, which were barely touched upon by anyone else. Their use of feedback and drones (from Cale's influence from La Monte Young) were pretty much never used to that extent in popular music before. It's also incredibly influential. That Brian Eno quote about how it only sold 30,000 but each one started a band shows the effect it had on listeners. Also important as it was one of the first 'underground' album.

I personally enjoy it, if you don't, that is fine. But please don't deny it's influence due to your own opinions.

Thank you, finally someone that says something. I seems interesting to me, would you tell wich "concepts" did the album introduced at the time?

Sure, I know that it was a great influence for alternativ rock, but why? What made it be a legendary album?

just fucking google it you lazy piece of shit

stop spoonfeeding this guy

well, it has some pop songs, but there are songs in the album that introduced noise and drone in pop music

>Nice argumentation
You made the claim, burden of proof is on you

Excuse me, I didn't pretent to do that, I was just asking for the reasons. I can see a little bit clearly know with your post and Why is rember as a breaking album.
But do you thing that is still a special or diferent album in this days?

Are you ten?

Lou Reed is a master vocalist who can shift between a deep and deadpan vocal style to a gay voice.

I don't think in this days it's a breaking album but if you put it in context yes it is, it encouraged people to make bands and I find it inspiring and interesting, it made me fall in love with drone music, for example I loved Heroin when I first listened to it, the chord progression is Gb and Db and Cale plays only Db in his viola for all the song and found it fascinating

sorry, Db and Gb

Well, that really gives me perspective on the thing, thank you very much.

Why don't you just google and read the thousands of articles on how revolutionary this album was instead of just acting like a retard on Sup Forums?

you're welcome man, i forgot to say that it introduced me into minimalism too

This. I've been saying this for years

If you can't recognize it and name it, you have no right to an opinion in the first place (different guy, similar opinion)