>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/fyjitolj
vocaroo.com/i/s1SpCxVCttZ5
youtu.be/Pstmzp5WRA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I just snapped another string :( whatever they were shit anyhow.

i have an Epiphone LP standard and a marshall dsl40c. lately we started playing some kyuss/qotsa/fu manchu stuff and since i'm in needing of a new guitar i was thinking.. is the tele good? sorry newb to the genre

First for Ibanez RXs and 10w practice amps.

My high E's so used the intonation is a quarter tone wrong at the twelve fret.

I'm not sure you could nail well the huge boomy sound with a tele as easily as you can with an LP. But with enough work maybe.

>Ibanez RXs and 10w practice amps.
surely you mean GRGs.

the more i see SG's the more i like their look. thought they looked like ass and that people who liked them were crazy first time i saw them and now i kind of want to buy one

What's better for me if I play drone metal and grindcore, SG or LP ?

Lubricate the string contact points.

lp = old and busted
sg = new hotness

fedora wearers will argue

>tfw guitarfu plays an SG

Whichever you find most comfortable, they sound pretty much the same.

>Jewess
>plays an SG

Into the oven it goes

I have some shitty Chinese Squire strat with an old marshall amp, and I like mainstream guitarists like Petrucci or Abasi, how much of a fucking pleb am I guise?

I'm your opposite, the more I see them, the less I like them. Seems to be the case for most Gibson designs by the way.

>Petrucci or Abasi
Depends, what do you like in them ? That's either going to make you okay, or a fucking retard.

That bassist always makes the best (err.. worst?) bass faces.

Best desu. Especially when she hits those 16th notes.

he was talking about the one on the left. the woman on the right is playing a strat, not an sg

clyp.it/fyjitolj
is it time to drop another hundred on an instrument mic? i JUST got in the amp cab and head i spent $380 on total this week and i don't have the money to be spending hundreds of dollars every week, but it just sounds so great in real life and i feel like a retarded person trying to communicate when i try to record it

Well, I like Petrucci because of his godly riffs and really fucking fast solos, which more often than not sound really great as well.

Abasi is more about creative and intricate chord structures and melodies, imo. On Impulse is a great example of this.

How's the Marshall? A friend of mine is trying to sell me his. I'm more fond of fender amps and have not tried the dsl40 or any other similar models. Pic related are mine

vocaroo.com/i/s1SpCxVCttZ5
That's the intro for youtu.be/Pstmzp5WRA8

Went to Japan for a week, could have died happy in their music shops.

any recommendations on a first acoustic? i have like 6 months of guitar experience

preferably low maintenance long lasting

Kurt Cobain memstang for 1500 euro, yay or nay?

Yamaha.

I would say no, not sure how much guitars are worth in Europe compared to say America or Australia, but I converted that to AUD and came out at $2200 whereas I payed $1400 for my Mustang brand new.

Where the hell did the link to the commandments go?

>strat
Newfigs please exit

Show me a guitar with a thick sound that isn't a Les Paul, I really hate the shape of it.

A squire is 370e and a Mexican is about 800e. I guess this is way overpriced for what was considered a shit guitar at the time.

LP is very comfortabe to play, you dont need a Elvis Presley goldtop of course

Do yourself a favor and get a dreadnought with a solid top.

>tfw you finally have some extra money and cant decide what guitar to buy

why must life be so hard

>LP is very comfortabe to play
my ass, the 24.75" scale lenght is shit, it avoids staying on your lap more than girls do, and it's heavy enough to make your leg numb.
the only guitars worse than the LP are edgy ass metal guitars.

My one is solid mahogany and its not a problem for me. I guess I should have added that LP's are not for girly manlets!

Dubs confirm. this is a good idea

I managed to get a used Ibanez GSR200 as my first bass for around 130$, did I meme myself or did I do good for the price?

Oh no, someone called me a girly manlet for not liking a flawed guitar, what will I do now my life is ruined.
I guess I absolutely have to buy a small and heavy guitar so I can ruin my back and enjoy playing in a cramped space !

thats an average price used so i guess you did fine

fair enough price, my mate bought one for €100 and it's okay, pickups are surprisingly not that muddy, and the neck and shape are comfortable.
however since it's chink, expect the electronics (pots and wiring) to fail at some point and the hardware to rust, quality control is not something you should expect from the chinese.

i like mine. out of the box it sounds a little harsh and thin, you gotta tweak it it get some warmer sound. i also heard i creamback cone helps a ton if you want a more warm tone

you should play it before you buy it, always

explain why you suggest this

holy hell bro, no more than 900€ for a KC stang

What's the best guitar for a guy who has small hands ?

Ibanez necks are pretty comfy.

Any guitar

resting your thumb on the back of the neck is the best solution to tiny fingers

Jaguars and mustangs have short scales. That's why they're so popular with twinks.

>ruin your back playing a LP

This wouldn't happen unless you are jumping around like a fuckwit or trying to sling the guitar 360 degrees around your neck. The guy who owned the LP before me actually knocked himself out cold doing this on stage once.

oh right, I had forgotten weight was nullified if you didn't move an inch !

ibanez has thin necks if thats what you mean

That's a shame then m8. My friend's Marshall is in mint condition, never played and still has the box it came with. I was asking because I am skeptical of the clean channel on the amp. I haven't had time to go over to his house and play it.

try this, pussy fag

Or you could just sit down and shut your cock hole

Going guitar shopping is fun as hell though

just stopping by to say i hate you niggers

get a guitar with humbuckers that have good bass and mid response, and make sure it plays well in your hands have fun friend

Help me out guys.
my friend is selling pic related: gretsch electromatic longscale bass. It's in great condition, and it is a beautiful instrument. it goes for $900 on Amazon, and $1300 from Gretschs website. I know for a fact that he is at least the second owner of it, and he bought it for ~$500.

How much should I offer for it?

Last one died before I had time to answer.

Looking to get an electronic instrument since I can't have a drumset for the foreseeable future because apartment living.

Tried synths and didn't care for 'em.

Next thought was bass so I can lock into a groove and just kinda jam, but something about bass just feels...boring. I can't exactly pin it down.

So now I'm considering guitar too. I like to sing and think it would be a much better accompanying instrument.

So my budget is $600 for an instrument/amp and could use recommendations.

If I went bass I'd probably get a squire vintage modified and a little rumble as a practice amp.

Haven't even started looking at guitars as I'm just starting to consider it. Thanks senpai

~700

Are you the friend he's talking about?

No

Electric drums would be ok as long as you live on the ground floor

$400 is fair.

Electronic drums suck absolute ass. The feel is complete garbage. Trust me, if I wanted to play an electronic kit I'd do it.

If you want a bass, consider the Yamahas, they're really good at low prices and have better QC than Squier. Same is true with their guitars. As another user mentioned you could do just an electronic drum kit, too.

If you want to do guitar, would you prefer acoustic or electric? Electric is easier and offers you more ways you can play around with it, but neither of them are particularly hard to get into unless you're doing fingerstyle.

i tried this, hurts my thumb due to chronic tendonitis or some shit in thumb, elbow and shoulder ( left arm) fml.

I know they suck shit, I have one myself. But its good for practicing, My real drumkit can be heard for a mile away and I use the electric kit to get a good feel of stuff I'm trying to learn so that nobody hears me fucking up trying to learn it on the real drums, since there is no more annoying sound in the world that an extremely loud instrument being played very badly.
For somebody learning the basics its perfect as they can be as bad as they want and not get too discouraged. When I'm practicing the real drums in my house I feel like I'm under pressure because people can hear it.

You should get some anti-inflammatories before you get arthritis

Remember, it's not your fingers pressing down on the fretboard that is creating the sound, it's the strings coming into contact with the actual frets.

Common mistake just about everyone has been guilty of.

NSAIDs neither fix or prevent arthritis.

They help inflamed tendons, if you just let them flame away for years they will never heal and you will be crippled

Inflamed tendons have fuck all to do with arthritis.

I have oa, I fucking know.

Ok, sorry to hear that as you are a musician

Part of life, just about everyone gets oa as they get older. Some of us just get it slightly faster than others.

Yo I played drums for a long time famalam. Participated in uni percussion ensembles and everything. I don't want something that feels like ass to practice on I can practice on a practice pad. I appreciate the input though.

My shoulder is becoming a bit fucked from playing the drums (dont really know what is wrong) and I know that in some years from now I wont be able to play anymore but I keep going

Do more stretching and let it recuperate from time to time. A year ago I had major issues playing for even five fucking minutes, but now I'm almost back up to old speed and flexibility. Fingers are a bit more knobbly than before and I'd rather play seated than standing, but I can still play.

if you're shoulder is hurting from playing the drums you're using way too much arm famalam. It should be mostly wrists fingers and forearm,

I used to play for 6 hours solid with a jam band until very suddenly one day I picked something up and it seemed my arm came out of its socket and I couldn't even walk without crying from the pain of it rattling around in its socket, and the shoulder swelled up so bad it stopped the blood flow to my arm. That was almost a year ago, it is not too bad now but sometimes still clicks and feels like it is on the verge of coming loose again sometimes if I overuse it.

See a physiorapist for rehab. Do you have issues using the hand above your head? If so you might have rotator cuff damage.

I probably have bad technique but my main influence is Keith Moon so there you go

I couldn't lift my arm above my shoulder without it clicking a year ago but its not too bad now after some rest. I looked up some physic exercises but didnt bother going to a physio since I know all they would do is just print off those exact same exercises from the internet and send me away.

>all they do is print off the same exercises from the internet and send you away
So many times this. I damaged my rotator cuff a few years back and went to a physiotherapist and all they did was exactly that. After like two appointments I told them to fuck off and I got better doing it myself.

My dad broke his back and that all they did for him, a printed sheet about stretching. He is ok now though.

any beginner basses that aren't boring aesthetically or ugly?

>page 10

There is not much choice with basses

Oddly enough, I like the looks of the Harley Benton HBZ series, it's the only time these copying kraut/chink hybrids put some effort in, and it doesn't really look like a €300 bass.
Is it good though ? I don't know. But they make a 7 string version and when I'll have some useless money I'll buy one just because.

Gibson SG

>harley benton

Only played one of their guitars and it was not good (thick neck, unadjustable bridge). I'm talking purely aesthetics.
Pic related, I mean what could ever go wrong with a 7 stringed bass right ?

So what difference does scale length make?

All their products are 50% cheaper than the nearest competitor so that cant be a good sign. If you buy some of their shit I'd say it will fall to pieces and be ready for the trash within the year.

how the guitar handles certain tunings/frequencies
longer scale length gives a tighter and less muddy/sloppy response to lower tunings and drop tunings
shorter scale length means less tension on the strings, however

Combo amp vs. Head and Cab?

Alright, Math time.
Assuming we're only checking the frequency of an open string, we have the formula F = sqrt(T/µ)/2*L
Which could be translated from letters to words as
"Frequency is equal to the square root of the Tension of a string divided by its linear mass; divided by twice its scale lenght".
Frequency's the "note" your open string gives. Tension corresponds to how much you turned the twisters. And linear mass is a little more complex, it is not simply the thickness of a string, but also its density. So you can have two strings of the same gauge, that still have different linear mass.
If you buy a guitar with a longer scale lenght, you are raising the factor L. Which is inversely proportional to F. Which means on a longer guitar, the same string gauge will sound lower, at the same tension, than it will on a regular guitar.
So basically having a longer scale lenght allows to tune lower at the same tension, without having to resort to super thick strings.

I guess it's directly factory to consumer, so of course it'll be cheaper. HB my friend has is still in good shape and he had it for 3 years, while my 2 year old Ibanez GIO is in poor shape.

combo's cheaper

head and cab is easier to upgrade, easier to transport

What about quality of sound